Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:

Phew.

Does anyone else also have grey hair after watching the 2nd half?

ReputationRep:
    Lol Jose's comments are absolutely hilarious. :lol:

"Benteke makes a lot of fouls and the opponent who plays against him has to make a lot of fouls.

"Paul Lambert reminds me of me at his age. Now I complain with some decisions, at his age I complained at every decision. Paul complains at every decision, I was the same. Benteke and Ivanivic, they are two giants, it was 50/50."

ReputationRep:
    whens the last time chelsea won a match fairly ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cable)

Phew.

Does anyone else also have grey hair after watching the 2nd half?
    It wasn't comfortable that's for sure. Infact both 2nd halves of the two games we've played haven't been good. At least Lukaku managed to make a difference today when he came on and drew the foul that led to the goal. Something needs to be done with Ba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbit)
    whens the last time chelsea won a match fairly ffs
    Sunday, if you're going to be emotional about it. Personally tonight was 50/50 between Benteke and Ivanovic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Sunday, if you're going to be emotional about it. Personally tonight was 50/50 between Benteke and Ivanovic.
    It was 50:50 tussling and then one of them decided to elbow the other in the face.

ReputationRep:
    Game stressed me out so much.

Main thing that annoyed me was how Ba was offside so much though!

ReputationRep:
    Meh, have no sympathy for Villa. Ref let them get away with GBH on saturday. Jus annoyed that it happened against you lots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Meh, have no sympathy for Villa. Ref let them get away with GBH on saturday. Jus annoyed that it happened against you lots.
    You're still complaining? The only decision that was possibly wrong on Saturday was not giving Vlaar a second yellow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one2three_abc)
    It was 50:50 tussling and then one of them decided to elbow the other in the face.
    First one Ivanovic elbowed him granted. Second one Benteke took his revenge, only difference is Ivanovic isn't a pussy.

Villa were fortunate on Saturday too. Swings and roundabouts.

ReputationRep:
    You're still complaining? The only decision that was possibly wrong on Saturday was not giving Vlaar a second yellow.
    Of course it was, when you watch the game with a tainted glasses.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think Mata won't do as well as he did last season, especially now that he isn't guaranteed a start in every game. I just don't think he will be on the ball as much either, watching today I didn't even realise he was playing half the time, he doesn't suite the RW/RM position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Of course it was, when you watch the game with a tainted glasses.
    Maybe you should take off yours? I don't see how anyone can dispute the two penalties, Agbonlahor was wiped out in both, or Arsenal's sending off. The only other big decision missed is the Vlaar red.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigyy)
    Does anyone else think Mata won't do as well as he did last season, especially now that he isn't guaranteed a start in every game. I just don't think he will be on the ball as much either, watching today I didn't even realise he was playing half the time, he doesn't suite the RW/RM position.
    He wasn't interchanging with Hazard and Oscar as much as they were with De Bruyne today, meaning that he didn't get the ball in central areas as much. Probably wasn't completely match fit either. If our first two games are anything to go by, Oscar will be our best player this season. He's been awesome so far.

ReputationRep:
    He definitely wasn't at his best, but he's just come back from a knock so he's barely had any preseason. And tbf we seem to be going for a more fluid and dynamic midfield trio when we play a 4-2-3-1 so I don't think him being positioned on the wing in the lineup will limit him too much as he has the freedom to cut into the middle whilst someone else takes up his position outwide. Mourinho likes to play a "wrong footed winger" who can cut in and get his shot off and Mata is the best option we have for that.

I reckon he'll perform to a similar standard as last season, just with a lower goal/assist tally due to less appearances, but he was overused anyway last season so I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    have you ever won a game fairly and squarely ? seriously.....Chelsea is quickly becoming the next man united, buying referees when winning fairly is not enough....
    You didn't deserve to win today at all. BULL****

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should take off yours? I don't see how anyone can dispute the two penalties, Agbonlahor was wiped out in both, or Arsenal's sending off. The only other big decision missed is the Vlaar red.
    Please show me where I mentioned the penalties.

Whatever your opinion about the penalties, I can't see how you can argue the fact that in the general play the ref was very incompetent :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Please show me where I mentioned the penalties.

Whatever your opinion about the penalties, I can't see how you can argue that in the general play the ref was very incompetent :dontknow:
    I hope the PL drops this incompetent referee too. How do the FA judge whether a referee is fit to referee? the last two surely must have escaped the competency checks? They need to tightened their recruitment process. FFS! /rant over.

is it just me or did Mata look out of sorts?

ReputationRep:
    He played so well last season that last season could possibly the best season of his career. Hard to see him getting those figures again.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I thought we played alright tonight, yeah there was some controversy with JT and Ivan, but I personally thought Jose did well on the tatical side of the game I.e we held possession well and closed them down quickly to prevent the counter attacking football that Villa love to play.

I agree with bringing in lukaku for a start, however I don't believe he should start every game, he's far too young to rest that much responsibility on his shoulders, that being said he looked sharp, held the ball up well and was never afraid to shoot something torres imo should do more off. I thought Ba worked hard tonight and made some quality runs,

Jose also said on his post match comments that maybe he made a mistake in starting the same players that started on Sunday (I love his honesty) and I whole heartily agree with him.

We have the depth in the squad and the quality. In relation to the game I think the three stand out players for me were Ramires (seriously this guy is pure quality right now) Eden always looks decent and I thought schurrle looked good tonight.

You have to remember that also (hopefully) these boys will he playing together for many years I.e 5 or more l, I'm talking about the Belgium boys, Oscar, Mata, Bertrand, Dave etc etc this squad in a couple of years is gona be unstoppable, I also agree with a lot of people in that Eden can truly be a world class player. That is if we hold on to all this talent.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.