Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewmurphy321)
    I agree completely and it's a shame such a young talent been wasted on the bench however I think he makes his biggest impacts when coming of the bench. For example when he scored a hat trick against Man United for West Brom last season that was coming of the bench!
    Lukaku isn't a super sub, he deserves much better than that. I'm surprised he didn't even get a look in during the Utd game. Schurrle was totally ineffective against Utd's back line, even though the supply was poor the times when he did get the ball he often lost it or chose the wrong pass. Lukaku would have at least unsettled Utd's back line and held up the ball for Hazard or De Bruyne. Imo he's more effective at impacting the game than Torres and Ba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Lukaku isn't a super sub, he deserves much better than that. I'm surprised he didn't even get a look in during the Utd game. Schurrle was totally ineffective against Utd's back line, even though the supply was poor the times when he did get the ball he often lost it or chose the wrong pass. Lukaku would have at least unsettled Utd's back line and held up the ball for Hazard or De Bruyne. Imo he's more effective at impacting the game than Torres and Ba
    I wouldn't say he should be starting yet, unlike sturridge where every striker was terrible and he was clearly the best we have the situation of getting an experienced striker in eto'o. We'll flog a striker, ba would be easiest but I won't be surprised to see a shock offer for torres at a lower club or atletico possibly.

He offers more than torres and ba for sure, I guess it's similar to the hulk situation at brazil, get them to do dirty work for 60mins and get the better player to destroy them when they're tired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewmurphy321)
    It's getting stupid now! In my opinion we need a new CB and should dispatch of Torres and Ba.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We're fine in CB depth, if we get a new CB they have to be as good as terry, there's no point getting someone of cahill's/luiz's quality when we arguably have the best ever CB to play for us. At worst kalas can play there, he got a cap for his country I hear and we have another 2 CB's in front of him(ivan and luiz)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    We're fine in CB depth, if we get a new CB they have to be as good as terry, there's no point getting someone of cahill's/luiz's quality when we arguably have the best ever CB to play for us. At worst kalas can play there, he got a cap for his country I hear and we have another 2 CB's in front of him(ivan and luiz)
    David Luiz is far superior to both Cahill and Terry, in terms of footballing talent he has it all, just is being played out of position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manty)
    David Luiz is far superior to both Cahill and Terry, in terms of footballing talent he has it all, just is being played out of position.
    But if CB ain't his position, then he's not the best defender on the team. he's poor in the air and only wins 3/5s of his aerial duels, I rate his range of passing and what he does on the ball but we don't need a CB who does that as terry and cahill are decent enough passers from the back and it never stopped us back in 2010 not having a ball playing CB like luiz.

I do rate the guy, he's got it all and could be one of the greats, but I'm scared of which luiz will turn up, with terry you know when he's fit he'll put in a good performance but with luiz you can get the confeds performance where he was shocking then you get the confeds final performance where he was motm with neymar. If he was consistent we'd have the best CB in the world problem is that he isn't enough. I think he should rotate with cahill for CB spot.

ReputationRep:
    But if CB ain't his position, then he's not the best defender on the team. he's poor in the air and only wins 3/5s of his aerial duels, I rate his range of passing and what he does on the ball but we don't need a CB who does that as terry and cahill are decent enough passers from the back and it never stopped us back in 2010 not having a ball playing CB like luiz.

I do rate the guy, he's got it all and could be one of the greats, but I'm scared of which luiz will turn up, with terry you know when he's fit he'll put in a good performance but with luiz you can get the confeds performance where he was shocking then you get the confeds final performance where he was motm with neymar. If he was consistent we'd have the best CB in the world problem is that he isn't enough. I think he should rotate with cahill for CB spot.
    I think he could be the best CDM in the world if he was played in that position again. Also I think Terry is the best however he dose not have many years left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Roman isn't still jacking off every night thinking about Kaka. Don't need him here whatsoever

ReputationRep:
    Close to buying Atsu, will send on loan away to Vitesse for the season apparently.

I'm so done man stop buying wingers. :rofl:

Or loan us a couple. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Eto'o in 2004 - "I would rather be selling groundnuts in my village than to play for a pathetic team like Chelsea"

lol. u wot m8?

ReputationRep:

Personally i think he should play CDM with Van Ginkel, they would be ideal IMO. I do agree, with the point about airily luiz not being ood enough though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Eto'o in 2004 - "I would rather be selling groundnuts in my village than to play for a pathetic team like Chelsea"

lol. u wot m8?
    Internet rumour apparently, he never actually said that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Internet rumour apparently, he never actually said that.
    I thought so. It sounds like something that would originate on Twitter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)

lol. u wot m8?
    Reddit claims its a fake. Reddit knows all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    Close to buying Atsu, will send on loan away to Vitesse for the season apparently.

I'm so done man stop buying wingers. :rofl:

Or loan us a couple. :puppyeyes:
    Give us sturridge back and we'll loan moses and atsu

ReputationRep:
    Give us sturridge back and we'll loan moses and atsu
    :noway:

ReputationRep:
    Well, this place is lacking much discussion. Thought I'd say Lamela is officially a Tottenham player, while Bale has agreed personal terms with Madrid although Tottenham are still haggling over a fee.

Can't wait to see Eto'o in a Chelsea shirt if he's anything close to a shadow of the player he was at Mallorca, Barca and Inter. He should be able to get us an extra 15-20 league goals and probably 30 over the season.

Might just be what we need (short term wise) to give us some attacking threat. Drogba's still doing it at 35, so nothing should stop Eto'o

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/news-articl...gns-until-2018

Chalobah has signed a new 5-year contract. Good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Very good news about Chalobah. Aké signed one recently too so we're okay with future DMs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    Predictions?
    We'll be trailing 1-0, only for Lukaku to score from a corner in the 88th minute, go on to win on penalties :moon:

Not expecting us to win tbh, although as long as we hold our own I'm not too bothered. 2-1 or 3-1 Bayern.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.