Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Drogba's goal Miss him

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Drogba still makes me cry whenever he scores, when there's a home game and a big occasion you just know he will turn up.

ReputationRep:
    Drogba :adore: Wish him well with his new team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    Drogba :adore: Wish him well with his new team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How we could have done with Drogba these past few months. :sigh: At the time I was delighted he left on the ultimate high, but since then I've greatly missed him. Torres's form need not be discussed here, and Ba is the Primark version of Drogba.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, we've got next year - Lukaku is a new Drogba in-training.

ReputationRep:
    I'm far too excited about the return of Lukaku and KDB for my own good.
    Why they were ever loaned out :l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Don't worry, we've got next year - Lukaku is a new Drogba in-training.
    Provided we don't do what we usually do with young talent and waste him, naturally.

ReputationRep:
    You know what. Forget what I said before about buying a striker, I think we should start lukaku next season. We have nothing to lose and we won't do any worse than we have done this season with him up top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    You know what. Forget what I said before about buying a striker, I think we should start lukaku next season. We have nothing to lose and we won't do any worse than we have done this season with him up top.
    Yes, this is what I was hoping we'd do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    How we could have done with Drogba these past few months. :sigh: At the time I was delighted he left on the ultimate high, but since then I've greatly missed him. Torres's form need not be discussed here, and Ba is the Primark version of Drogba.
    Well said! Primark version :lol: but it's true

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see this happen too but with Chelsea, I just don't know what could happen between May to August :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    Well said! Primark version :lol: but it's true
    :erm: Chelsea actually have a number of Primark versions currently - Ramires and Mikel are both more limited Primark Makeleles; I've already mentioned Ba; Hilario and Turnbull are both poor Cudicinis, and Torres is a Primark (or even Asda) version of, well, Former Torres.

(Also Luiz, whilst endearing and talented, has none of Carvalho's consistency).

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

EDIT: Wait, Asda's quality is actually better than Primark lol. When you say 'or even Asda version' is that worse than Primark version in your eyes or better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    :lol:

EDIT: Wait, Asda's quality is actually better than Primark lol. When you say 'or even Asda version' is that worse than Primark version in your eyes or better?
    Worse, I thought...? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'm mistaken. I wouldn't buy clothes from either but I was always under the impression that George was a fair bit better than Primark. The things that I have/seen tried are better. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Luiz has become very consistent under Rafa imo, that's one thing I agree with him about - he HAS improved some players. Luiz and Moses definitely, although Moses has regressed again recently imo. But can't argue with Luiz's performances recently, looks to be our best CB now.

Also Ivanovic/Luiz partnership would have been 6 cleansheets in 6 games if we hadn't had the OG against Sunderland. Keeping those two together for the rest of the season is gonna be key if this is the sort of results they can get.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I'd feel happier if we were to win the league with Lukaku than if we did it with Falcao or some other highly rated striker. I think next season we can manage with Lukaku/Ba/Torres

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    :erm: Chelsea actually have a number of Primark versions currently - Ramires and Mikel are both more limited Primark Makeleles; I've already mentioned Ba; Hilario and Turnbull are both poor Cudicinis, and Torres is a Primark (or even Asda) version of, well, Former Torres.

(Also Luiz, whilst endearing and talented, has none of Carvalho's consistency).
    Agree.
    I do buy the occassional pair of socks from primark because no one will see :ashamed: but yeah you're right we've actually regressed in the transfer market. Would say marin and benayoun are the primark version of joe cole too.

I'm kind of annoyed with the luiz deal since we gave them money and matic since he could easily fit our team now. I wish we just played some more youth. The annoying thing is that the youth are good enough but never given a chance(see real madrid) but if we just take a punt with some of them(see barcelona and bayern munich) we could have a quality young team with young local academy players to boot like chalobah/mceachran with the likes of lukaku, bertrand, feruz that we bought young so pretty much seem like academy players.

(Original post by mhsc)
    Luiz has become very consistent under Rafa imo, that's one thing I agree with him about - he HAS improved some players. Luiz and Moses definitely, although Moses has regressed again recently imo. But can't argue with Luiz's performances recently, looks to be our best CB now.

Also Ivanovic/Luiz partnership would have been 6 cleansheets in 6 games if we hadn't had the OG against Sunderland. Keeping those two together for the rest of the season is gonna be key if this is the sort of results they can get.
    Luiz has improved recently, however he was like this last season personally then he regressed to that tacticaless retard the rest of the world know him as.
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    I agree. I'd feel happier if we were to win the league with Lukaku than if we did it with Falcao or some other highly rated striker. I think next season we can manage with Lukaku/Ba/Torres

Yeah I'd love to see our youth come and win the league.

ReputationRep:
    This is implying that Lukaku actually will return to us next season and not spend another year on loan . Honestly though, I do think we'll be fine in the premier league with the Lukaku/Ba/Torres, but in the champions league we really need someone who's not just good, but great - and has experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)

You make it sound like Lukaku is some sort of homegrown player with close affiliations with the club - he was bought for an obscene (up to) £17mil fee (for an 18 year old).

Why is that any different to buying Falcao for 40mil?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.