Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit of a **** move on Chelsea's behalf. He's just had his first experience of screwing up on the big stage, he's young and inexperienced and we've remedied his mistake by shipping him out. Good work, that'll cheer him up. Came back stating his intention to force a way into the first team, barely played. Hoping the move falls through. Sigh. Must've been something that's happened to make him request a move back there.

Now would be a semi-decent time for one of the strikers to come good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    This is a bit of a **** move on Chelsea's behalf. He's just had his first experience of screwing up on the big stage, he's young and inexperienced and we've remedied his mistake by shipping him out. Good work, that'll cheer him up. Came back stating his intention to force a way into the first team, barely played. Hoping the move falls through. Sigh. Must've been something that's happened to make him request a move back there.

Now would be a semi-decent time for one of the strikers to come good.
    Apparently he's 'digging his heels in' - wants to stay at CFC, and if not, go to WBA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Apparently he's 'digging his heels in' - wants to stay at CFC, and if not, go to WBA.
    So much contradiction, now Everton are back in for him still.
    Hope he does dig his heels in, Sky and Guardian saying he's requested a loan. I was looking forward to enjoying deadline day.

How hard would it have been to just ship Ba off instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Ffs why would we loan Lukaku out again?
    While annoying, provided there was no hard feelings here or doubts about his ability, essentially we have 4 strikers for 1 position. Jose probably thought he would get rid of torres/ba in the window, obviously torres working his socks off against bayern cemented his place(plus anyway nobody wants him as he's too pricey for his ability)

We did an error in not trimming our squad well enough. But it's better than having no depth.
    I assume that ba doesn't want to go anywhere but a CL club and he doesn't want to loan him to arsenal or tottenham. I assume that torres is unsellable unless we pay for him to leave.

While eto'o coming in makes us stacked in the position, so we're forced to get rid of one of the 3 strikers. Moses going on loan destroys the homegrown quota, so that means unless we're getting rid of a keeper one player will not play. We know who I'd personally take out of the registration of the squad but he's 50m and has been a professional and works hard for the team.

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku and Mata being loaned and sold this window is poor from Mourinho.

He should have been able to find a place for Mata and tbh it seems to be a dislike of Spanish players more than anything about Mata's ability as a player.

Edit: Mata is meant to be very friendly with some of the Spanish Real players as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    So much contradiction, now Everton are back in for him still.
    Hope he does dig his heels in, Sky and Guardian saying he's requested a loan. I was looking forward to enjoying deadline day.

How hard would it have been to just ship Ba off instead
    I wouldn't mind as much if it was him that requested it. That final may have shown him that he's got a lot to learn/needs to mature.

I like Ba tbh. Better than Torres and Lukaku at the moment - just isn't being played enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    Lukaku and Mata being loaned and sold this window is poor from Mourinho.

He should have been able to find a place for Mata and tbh it seems to be a dislike of Spanish players more than anything about Mata's ability as a player.

Edit: Mata is meant to be very friendly with some of the Spanish Real players as well.
    That's reaching a bit isn't it? I'd assume someone like Jose is too professional to do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    While annoying, provided there was no hard feelings here or doubts about his ability, essentially we have 4 strikers for 1 position. Jose probably thought he would get rid of torres/ba in the window, obviously torres working his socks off against bayern cemented his place(plus anyway nobody wants him as he's too pricey for his ability)

We did an error in not trimming our squad well enough. But it's better than having no depth.
    I assume that ba doesn't want to go anywhere but a CL club and he doesn't want to loan him to arsenal or tottenham. I assume that torres is unsellable unless we pay for him to leave.

While eto'o coming in makes us stacked in the position, so we're forced to get rid of one of the 3 strikers. Moses going on loan destroys the homegrown quota, so that means unless we're getting rid of a keeper one player will not play. We know who I'd personally take out of the registration of the squad but he's 50m and has been a professional and works hard for the team.
    Yeah it does make sense, was saying that out of exasperation more than anything, would have much preferred to see Ba going out. Hopefully Lukaku wasn't forced out though.

ReputationRep:
    It saddens me every time I see Ba on the team sheet.
    Should never have been bought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    That's reaching a bit isn't it? I'd assume someone like Jose is too professional to do that
    Professional? I like Mourinho but if there is a man that can hold a grudge and throw his toys out of the pram then it is him! Willian is a case in point, just to spite AVB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    Professional? I like Mourinho but if there is a man that can hold a grudge and throw his toys out of the pram then it is him! Willian is a case in point, just to spite AVB.
    I'm sure us buying Willian had nothing to do with us tracking him for the past 2 years, and being close to signing him in each of the past 4 or so transfer windows.

Willian wasn't bought to spite AVB. We were looking to buy and all of a sudden Anzhi had a fire sale.

The backlash of selling Mata would be immense. Even that would dent Jose's standing with the fans. As far as I can see Mata hasn't been sold.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell. Has Jose become stupid? Doesn't like Mata and now he wants to loan Lukaku or Lukaku wants to be loaned...
    If Lukaku isn't going to be given an opportunity to be a part of the squad now then when will he be given a chance?
    I thought we were going to loose the title because of strikers. Now we don't even have a good striker remaining.
    Lukaku would have come good as the season progressed but Jose Mourinho clearly is too rigid in his thinking.
    Worst case scenario - Demba being loaned, Lukaku loaned and Mata sold. Rather than strengthening we are downgrading.
    Now I regret moaning about Rafa Benetiz, atleast he knew how to be versatile and flexible with players but with Jose all he does is talk and gets his way.

ReputationRep:
    So turns out Jose is a hypocrite. But could've told you that before tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Why not give us (Arsenal) Ba?:lol:

Now your Lukaku has gone to West Brom right?

Hmmm... This season will be a good one!(I hope)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    What the hell. Has Jose become stupid? Doesn't like Mata and now he wants to loan Lukaku or Lukaku wants to be loaned...
    If Lukaku isn't going to be given an opportunity to be a part of the squad now then when will he be given a chance?
    I thought we were going to loose the title because of strikers. Now we don't even have a good striker remaining.
    Lukaku would have come good as the season progressed but Jose Mourinho clearly is too rigid in his thinking.
    Worst case scenario - Demba being loaned, Lukaku loaned and Mata sold. Rather than strengthening we are downgrading.
    Now I regret moaning about Rafa Benetiz, atleast he knew how to be versatile and flexible with players but with Jose all he does is talk and gets his way.
    Oh ffs. Mata's been unfit.
    Jose isn't rigid in his thinking, he's possibly the most adaptable manager(bar pep) in the world.
    Mata ain't being sold. If he was going. We would have heard about it. Use some common sense.

ReputationRep:
    Could be worse, could be United.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    I'm sure us buying Willian had nothing to do with us tracking him for the past 2 years, and being close to signing him in each of the past 4 or so transfer windows.

Willian wasn't bought to spite AVB. We were looking to buy and all of a sudden Anzhi had a fire sale.

The backlash of selling Mata would be immense. Even that would dent Jose's standing with the fans. As far as I can see Mata hasn't been sold.
    This. We've been looking at him for years. We should have done better wrt lukaku but I'm not bothered too much as the homegrown rules means somebody won't play, best to use lukaku here.

Tbf with ba, he said arsenal should give 3m and they didn't pay the fee. Not our fault. The mata bit is bull****, he's not going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Oh ffs. Mata's been unfit.
    Jose isn't rigid in his thinking, he's possibly the most adaptable manager(bar pep) in the world.
    Mata ain't being sold. If he was going. We would have heard about it. Use some common sense.
    You would be raging if he sold Mata wouldnt you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    You would be raging if he sold Mata wouldnt you?
    See my post on the last page, I wouldn't mind if he left as we have enough strength and depth to cover. But anyway. It was obvious he wasn't leaving.

I'd have deleted my post that he won't go though :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Nooo Lukaku :unimpressed::unimpressed:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.