Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Battle to finish top 4.
    NO where close to finishing top 4 with this terrible thinking of Jose and rubbish play from the team.
    John ****ty Mikel does nothing in every game he plays.
    We don't have a striker.
    Boring play from Jose, terrible tactics - battle to finish in top 4 has started.
    Absolutely disgusting performance by literally every single player - Jose instantaneously killed the chances of a win by starting Mikel in midfield and Luiz in defense.

ReputationRep:
    United, City and us with the same record now (and hence same points). It's not too bad. But yeah, I am rather disappointed by our performance.

ReputationRep:
    Should have buried our chances. Not the end of the world though, Everton are a good side and credit given where credit is due, they did a good job.

ReputationRep:
    Frustrating. Ramires needs a slap. Oh and mata seems unfit atm. Only positive from the game was hazard tbh. Rest of team were poor. Cole had a bad game, rest of defence were ok bar the goal and when we started to attack. Bar that I don't care about the result. Should have put pressure on the leaders but at least city drew(so level on points) and united are on the same level of points(our main challengers for the title)

Eto'o looked a little off the pace. But I think he'll do better as the season goes on. Russian league has a different level of fitness and tempo anyway. Only problem is that I and mourinho probably doesn't know their best 11.

ReputationRep:
    Also, it's funny -- I think Mikel was our best player (maybe Hazard although not towards the end).

ReputationRep:
    Chill out guys, we lost 1-0 away to Everton last year... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    MvG should play ahead of Rami.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Battle to finish top 4.
    NO where close to finishing top 4 with this terrible thinking of Jose and rubbish play from the team.
    John ****ty Mikel does nothing in every game he plays.
    We don't have a striker.
    Boring play from Jose, terrible tactics - battle to finish in top 4 has started.
    Absolutely disgusting performance by literally every single player - Jose instantaneously killed the chances of a win by starting Mikel in midfield and Luiz in defense.
    Nothing wrong with Mikel's performance (rarely ever is tbh), I don't like to spew stats but they speak for themselves in his role tbf, he made the most successful passes, recovered the ball the most and made the second highest number of successful tackles.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Mikel played well, did what he's supposed to do. Was solid defensively.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea's defence letting them down? Surprise surprise. No idea why some of you seem to be happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Nothing wrong with Mikel's performance (rarely ever is tbh), I don't like to spew stats but they speak for themselves in his role tbf, he made the most successful passes, recovered the ball the most and made the second highest number of successful tackles.
    I agree. He has bad games sometimes but most of the time people say he's been **** when he's just done his job. Don't know what they expect

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogwithwings)
    Chelsea's defence letting them down? Surprise surprise. No idea why some of you seem to be happy with it.
    :/ Don't think our defence was at fault tonight. If we had scored the 4 clear cut chances we got then we would've been fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea's 7 points after 4 PL matches is the worst start for the club in the Roman Abramovich era (Jul 2003)
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    He's slow passing is the reason why we never create anything good. He's performance is too predictable. He doesn't make runs ahead of play when he should. When he should pass forward and take a risk he passes back to the defense.
    You'd expect a midfielder to score and assist a few more than 1 in 300 right?
    Especially when you're sacrificing a Striker for a player in Midfield.
    The whole team played bad. Luiz kept on going forward to find that there's no one there, Eto'oo got pushed around like a ragg doll 10/10 times. 0 balance in the team Jose set out today. Ivanovic was the only player who played how he normally does. True signs of Champions is that they are able to scrape wins when they're not playing well - can't be said for this team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    I agree. He has bad games sometimes but most of the time people say he's been **** when he's just done his job. Don't know what they expect

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's a scapegoat, whenever he plays and we lose there's always a couple of fans who lay the blame on him despite him doing nothing wrong. Overall we were poor today, no one played especially well. Mikel and Hazard were our best players IMO and even Hazard wasn't up to his usual standard.

ReputationRep:
    Liking Redknapp's analysis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    He's slow passing is the reason why we never create anything good. He's performance is too predictable. He doesn't make runs ahead of play when he should. When he should pass forward and take a risk he passes back to the defense.
    You'd expect a midfielder to score and assist a few more than 1 in 300 right?
    Especially when you're sacrificing a Striker for a player in Midfield.
    The whole team played bad. Luiz kept on going forward to find that there's no one there, Eto'oo got pushed around like a ragg doll 10/10 times. 0 balance in the team Jose set out today. Ivanovic was the only player who played how he normally does. True signs of Champions is that they are able to scrape wins when they're not playing well - can't be said for this team.
    He's a defensive midfielder, he's not supposed to be making forward runs, he's supposed to protect the defense, control the midfield and pass the ball to the more creative and attacking players who can then push forwards whilst he stays in position. I'm not saying he's flawless, or a spectacular player, I do think we could do with replacing him and I agree he could be a lot more ambitious with his passing and his slowing down of the tempo doesn't always benefit us, but 9 times out of 10 he performs his role very well. He most certainly was not to blame for today's result.

Eto'o needs time to adapt to the league (and perhaps shake off some rustiness), but I don't really see anything wrong with the choice of team today, it just wasn't our day and everyone played poorly. Would have liked to see KDB come on instead of Torres though. It's not a disastrous result; still early days and Everton are a good side who we often struggle against away from home. We've taken the same number of points as United and City (who had a really easy start to the season in comparison), I don't see Liverpool sustaining their form for a title challenge and Arsenal's squad is currently threadbare with injuries, and with the CL starting next week I reckon that'll start to show. And as manchesterunited15 pointed out, United lost to Everton last year and yet they won the title, this is the EPL, results like these are to be expected.

Same old Chelsea tbh.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.