Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silver0)
    If Mata leaves Chelsea it will be a sad, sad day..
    If things continue the way they are I expect he'll be gone by January. He'll be wanting to make the squad for the World Cup so obviously needs some games

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My man mikel doing his ting fam. Nwakaeme would be proud!!!!! I think I'm going to cry of happiness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Yes Mikel, well done. I hope he continues his form for Nigeria
    He's done you man proud. He's done me proud. Reminds me when makalele scored for us, it was from a corner and it was a sweet strike too. Don't care about the result now or if we get relegated this season, mikel scored that's all that matters. :sad:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Mikel scored? Two words I'd thought I would never use in the same sentence. Really happy for the guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    Mikel scored? Two words I'd thought I would never use in the same sentence. Really happy for the guy.
    I don't even care if we lose now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    My man mikel doing his ting fam. Nwakaeme would be proud!!!!! I think I'm going to cry of happiness.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Extraordinary scenes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There. Just put an order on a kit with Mikel's name plastered on the back.

:adore: :adore: John Michael Nchekwube Obi("wan")nna. :adore: :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Obi wan mikobe :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Much much better second half. We play so much better when our opponents push higher up the pitch, when the box is congested we just can't create anything decent, I think that's where we'll benefit from playing Mata or KDB; both players who can thread a pass through with pinpoint accuracy, something we lacked in todays lineup IMO and which caused us to struggle at first. Would like to see at least one them start in the future tbh, with Oscar/Schurrle replacing them once we get a goal to open them up more.

Ramires was poor today, Torres is still our best striker for the time being, although Eto'o looks to be improving with every game he plays. Oscar's defensive work rate was fantastic, whilst I still feel Hazard is off form and shouldn't really have started. Gutted we didn't see more of KDB, and I thought Mikel was excellent, can't believe he finally scored!

ReputationRep:
    #FreeMata

ReputationRep:
    By the way, I'd say that oscar, ivanovic or mikel should get motm. Ivan did go up and down the wings, did one or two decent crosses and was rather solid defensively so a 7/10 performance, oscar made some good passes and got the game flowing but as nickini says he's not as incisive in the final third as mata is(although he's improved in that respect from last season) but it's nice to see him take the mantle and start controlling games now, still not to my liking but better and he's found the net a few times.

Mikel was generally solid, I guess fulham weren't attacking with any menace but could say that was down to our good work as well as their ultra defensive lineup. Plus his goal was rather good. So I guess it should go to him. At least we know we can win games without mata now.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone was booing Mikel when he got the ball

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Not sure if serious, but they were chanting shoot

ReputationRep:
    They were chanting shoot, I thought it sounded like booing too at first.

ReputationRep:
    Going to previous comments, the league is between city and manchester united. Only they have the squads to compete. Not only will you lot be miles behind, but you'll also be miles playing dire football :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No no that can't be -- I was so sure I was hearing booing. It was both before and after he scored and even when he was positioned near our defenders.

ReputationRep:
    Sad that Chelsea won

Happy Mikel scored

Im 100% sure if he joined united all those years ago, he have scored 40+ goals (seeing as he was an attacking mid before Chelsea converted him)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Not sure if serious, but they were chanting shoot

Safe init. Mourinho did that interview like a boss. Like I said, it's a weird situation, but if for the team it is important for us to be playing oscar in the AM position then so be it. In fact oscar reminds me a little of toni kroos, not as good a passer but his engine and defensive work is vital, and against the bigger teams it showed having a work horse like him there was a great option.

But like jose says, it is nothing personal. I think benitez tried to get workhorses to play with the trio so he often dropped one of the three for moses earlier on due to mata and hazards inability to track back(although hazard learnt later on last season)

ReputationRep:
    No no that can't be -- I was so sure I was hearing booing. It was both before and after he scored and even when he was positioned near our defenders.
    He was booed when it was 0-0 and he passed backwards for no real reason I think, but after he scored it was definitely shoot.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.