Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Yeah pretty much the same thoughts. No manager in the world would play Oscar ahead of Juan Mata. I mean, 21 goals and 39 assists in all comps last season is arguably world class. Something did happen behind the scenes and hopefully it's behind them. All the rumours as to what actually happened is still just conjecture.
    Yeah.

But I have been impressed with Oscar so far in the no.10 role.
    As have I. He's one of my favourite players in the world atm.

But I'd like Mata to get a run of games as #10 while Oscar plays CM/DLP. Won't happen though.
    Glad to hear Juan will get to play against Swindon though - I hope he shows Jose what he's missing out on. We also need him back for set piece taking.
    Agreed. I kept cringing at Oscar's corners. And Mata may have done better with the free kicks.
    And we need Luiz back because of his free kicks and the fact that he's a ****ing psychopath.
    :lol: That's why we all love Luiz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G0d Cable)
    :lol: That's why we all love Luiz.

Outrageous. He had no right to attempt that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Agree generally what you're saying.

Although with oscar, one can argue that he's 22 years old, 3 or 4 years younger than mata, therefore now he has the engine and defensive work rate he can improve his attacking side of the game while it may be harder for mata to do so at the age of 25/26. I was always of the opinion that oscar had great technique and a great engine, but needs to improve on his passing and dribblling as it can be erratic/slightly ineffectual, now as a no.10 he can make up for a lack of either attribute(dribbling or incisive passing) by improving on one of them, most likely his passing attributes will improve.

Although coming to think of it at madrid ozil wasn't really the hardest working player defensively, although I'd say he wasn't a sneijder who you see walking until he gets the ball ozil wasn't really great at tracking back. At inter you can argue that he needed to play that way and use sneijder as a trequartista while cambiasso and motta run around the rest of the match due to the lack of money, although you could say no such excuses for madrid. Who essentially just attacked

Although no.3(he hates spain) I won't agree with. The way in which he's treated torres so far has been rather well tbh. He's played him a lot and he has said that he'll try to help his career, while azpi is in the unfortunate position of having ivanovic who's generally a reliable player playing in his position.

Personally I'd rather it be a system where the players swap positions, although that wouldn't do much for our lack of width, personally I think we bought an AM too many and someone has to suffer for it. Somewhat similar to the situation at bayern and who starts for them in DM. Its just a rather perculiar situation. The thing is in this game while oscar was the no.10 He did go to the wings for a bit and hazard went into the middle.
    Looking back on my post, I think I was harsh on Jose. You're right about Oscar having the potential to be much better than he currently is and that Jose hating the Spanish players is BS.

Yeah, I noticed Schurrle on the left, Hazard in the centre and Oscar on the right sometimes. So I guess Jose's not lying about Mata having a place in the team as Mata can always interchange with Oscar to play in the middle anyway. It's just that Mata has to improve defensively.

Anyway, we can all agree that Oscar has played well in the #10 role so far. And it's not as if playing Maya as #10 will solve all of Chelsea's problems. Chelsea still need some threat from wide areas (which they did to some extent against Fulham) and more people making runs off the ball to distort the opposition's defence and create space in the middle.

So yeah, we should all back Mourinho, be patient and keep the faith. Very good interview from him today btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)

Outrageous. He had no right to attempt that.
    I know. Couldn't believe my eyes when he scored it. What a goal.

That's why he's so important to Chelsea. He's so nuts that he can do amazing stuff with the ball that normal footballers wouldn't try.

Remember his penalties as well? Complete bonkers. But I love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G0d Cable)
    Looking back on my post, I think I was harsh on Jose. You're right about Oscar having the potential to be much better than he currently is and that Jose hating the Spanish players is BS.

Yeah, I noticed Schurrle on the left, Hazard in the centre and Oscar on the right sometimes. So I guess Jose's not lying about Mata having a place in the team as Mata can always interchange with Oscar to play in the middle anyway. It's just that Mata has to improve defensively.

Anyway, we can all agree that Oscar has played well in the #10 role so far. And it's not as if playing Maya as #10 will solve all of Chelsea's problems. Chelsea still need some threat from wide areas (which they did to some extent against Fulham) and more people making runs off the ball to distort the opposition's defence and create space in the middle.

So yeah, we should all back Mourinho, be patient and keep the faith. Very good interview from him today btw.
    I get you here.

One thing that's rather intriguing was when he said that he doesn't like the way the club has been playing the past few years. That article on the independent I posted(don't know how reputable it is but I've heard a lot of the quotes in other sources) was pretty interesting, he didn't criticize rafa and said he did well, but he criticized some of the decisions and the way in which we played football since ancelotti left. He said that the board were not happy with the way we played our football. But all agreed that this was the right way to do it after a meeting.
    “The situation is pure,” Mourinho said. “I don’t like the way Chelsea were playing in the last couple of years. The club doesn’t like it. We want to change. We have the players with the profile to change. We want to play a different style.”
    Now the article then goes to say
    With Mourinho there will always be a cunning plan unfolding in the background but there is no doubt he is being more open. He conceded that there will be occasions when he will have to park the proverbial bus. “I went to Barcelona with Inter and, for 60 minutes, we played with 10 men,” he said. “If we needed to be there longer, we’d have played for another 60 minutes. But I don’t want my team to play like that.”
    I'm probably reading a lot into this, but obviously this means that we're going to be playing a positive style of football, but it seems like it's different to the way in which we play now. So does that mean we play a full on possession game? where the likes of oscar press the opposition and give them no space to play out like barcelona? We know that RA loves the possession game and also I remember jose saying he likes the possession game too(but with a goal) when he was talking about spain playing 4-6-0 against italy. Or do we play on the counter attack, the way in which bayern did under heynckes and totally dominate the opposition from start to finish while switching the lights on and off with maximum german-like efficiency?

He said that the problems last season were oscar out wide chasing fullbacks and luiz longballing it to torres in midfield(who ended up isolated for the most part due to this) so I guess that's fair enough as I don't want us to be playing that football either, the europa league final was pretty testament to that and we were dominated for 90mins and I can think of at least 3/4 other occasions against the big teams where we ended up like that(united, arsenal home and away, liverpool at anfield). A problem with our play was that it was rather slow, so we struggled to break down narrow teams(see swansea bus parking in the league cup e.g.). but we also then go to buy more playmakers, then buy a striker(like rooney) who works the channels and is able to run at defenders with their physique.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah her and alex morgan are hnng tbf! Why do the USA have hot chicks in their team?
    Mass migration to the land of opportunity, coupled with the hypersexualisation of the media, and the acceptance of sex out of marriage has turned the States into a breeding ground for mixed raced beauties (especially those with dat dere Italian ancestry)

That said, Irina Shayk is the hottest woman in the world.

well this might just be my most constructive post so far :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Seems like we enjoy giving out our better strikers. Lukaku was beastly for Everton
    When Eto'o and possibly Torres leaves this summer, we should consider buying back Sturridge if he scores 15-20+ league goals. He's quick and hungry to score goals. Would cost us 30 million (if he's successful) and if Liverpool don't get Champions League Football and we do, Mourinho could convince him to come back.

Either that or we sign Lewandowski who would cost us nothing (hopefully he doesn't want to go to Bayern)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikelewis777)
    Mass migration to the land of opportunity, coupled with the hypersexualisation of the media, and the acceptance of sex out of marriage has turned the States into a breeding ground for mixed raced beauties (especially those with dat dere Italian ancestry)

That said, Irina Shayk is the hottest woman in the world.

well this might just be my most constructive post so far :rolleyes:
    she reminds me of angelina jolie in her prime fam. The italians :sogood:
    You're actually spot on here though. Mixed girls= :dice: damn I need to go to america man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    Seems like we enjoy giving out our better strikers. Lukaku was beastly for Everton
    When Eto'o and possibly Torres leaves this summer, we should consider buying back Sturridge if he scores 15-20+ league goals. He's quick and hungry to score goals. Would cost us 30 million (if he's successful) and if Liverpool don't get Champions League Football and we do, Mourinho could convince him to come back.

Either that or we sign Lewandowski who would cost us nothing (hopefully he doesn't want to go to Bayern)
    Tbh I think we should buy back sturridge if we sell those two :rolleyes: make a profit on a player then buy him for 3 times the price 18 months later. Only at chelsea :rolleyes: I'd put in a 20-25m bid and that's it otherwise we'll look even more like mugs. Annoying thing about this is looking at our system somebody like sturridge would do well for us.

Hopefully we can get lewandowski though :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think we should buy back sturridge if we sell those two :rolleyes: make a profit on a player then buy him for 3 times the price 18 months later. Only at chelsea :rolleyes: I'd put in a 20-25m bid and that's it otherwise we'll look even more like mugs. Annoying thing about this is looking at our system somebody like sturridge would do well for us.

Chelsea be like 'who is this amazing Liverpool striker, lets buy him, £50 million!'

oh wait...

ReputationRep:

I thought that he had already said that he was moving to Bayern, he was just waiting until his contract runs out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    I thought that he had already said that he was moving to Bayern, he was just waiting until his contract runs out.
    Yeah I think that was what he said. Obviously it's not set in stone as he can only move on a bosman in january. While rather unlikely it's a possibility. Better than buying sturridge back for 3 times the price we sold him for 8 months ago anyway :sigh:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    Well he said he wanted to but things change. Flash 150k in his direction and he'd think twice. top top striker though no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've watched the whole interview with sky sports, he's saying that he wants us to always play in the high block all the time and be in possession of the ball, he wants us to be better at recovering the ball as well(why he uses oscar instead of mata as a no.10) and wants us to be efficient and ruthless with the ball than aimlessly pass it from side to side when teams just get two banks of 4 out. I can see why he's dropped mata there tbf. May be extreme in the way he's done it(especially since mata's had little gametime to prove himself so wouldn't be fit) but I understand why you'd start oscar over him. He said that our problem was that we didn't get behind defences and our lack of width which schurrle was able to do in this match(see the oscar goal) and that hazard also struggled in doing this as well. Which also is fair enough.

He also was saying one problem with our strikers was that ivanovic looked to cross the ball and we don't have such strikers or attacking midfield players for that style of play anymore(hence why he bought eto'o) and that he wanted mata to be more hardworking, said that it wasn't mata's fault, but more a consequence of our defensive style of play that we've been trying to evolve to a more possession based style of play which I can also understand.

He did say a few things wrong though. With who he said played next to mata, he says that ramires and oscar used to play next to him, that pairing rarely happened under Benitez(ramires played on the flanks twice under him I think) and never happened under RDM iirc, so he's probably saying that as it suits his point.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...-snf-interview
    Full interview with sky sports btw. He's got a point, but at the same time looked a bit iffy. May be a slightly ulterior motive(but I doubt it's the spanish players thing as torres plays a lot and he's not going to take things that personal seeing as eto'o hated him and deco hated him yet he ended up making them/using them as world class players when he managed them) probably to do with the dressing room influence that mourinho is trying to get early on or something psychological. With Mourinho you know that he's always got something up his sleeve.

ReputationRep:
    With who he said played next to mata, he says that ramires and oscar used to play next to him, that pairing rarely happened under Benitez(ramires played on the flanks twice under him I think) and never happened under RDM iirc,
    Pretty sure Ramires did get played by RDM on the wing from time to time...Quite frequently actually if I remember? It was painful to watch.

ReputationRep:
    Can we move over Eniola Aluko from our women's team to solve our striking problem?

ReputationRep:
    she reminds me of angelina jolie in her prime fam. The italians :sogood:
    You're actually spot on here though. Mixed girls= :dice: damn I need to go to america man.
    You just can't get any better.

I quite like Schweinsteiger's WAG. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    You just can't get any better.

I quite like Schweinsteiger's WAG. :coma:
    German girls are :coma:. Been over there the last few weeks and been drooling over quite a few of dem frauleins

ReputationRep:
    Looks like City massacred United. I knew once Pellegrini knew what he was doing with the team and have them gel/adapt, they'd look unstoppable -- and it's still only September. Was hoping it'd be a draw.

Really going to have to find our best team soon and work hard to achieve the right results. I hope we don't play for a draw against Spuds.

Arsenal are also a team we have to watch out for. They actually have a really good starting XI --on par with ours tbh-- but lack sufficient depth. Maybe that could be remedied in January if Wengy goes HAM. Going to be quite nerve-wracking...

Not sure about winning the title this season but next season we'll really need a top class striker that can integrate with our midfield (Lewandowski) as well as someone who can add steel in the pivot, if we want to compete at the top IMO. Early days though; who knows?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Pretty sure Ramires did get played by RDM on the wing from time to time...Quite frequently actually if I remember? It was painful to watch.
    Ramires and oscar. Usually hazard, ramires and mata played together. But rarely(if ever) did ramires and oscar play together with mata in the centre. For the most part mata played on the right wing under RDM while oscar was in the middle.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.