Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    Man United could do with one of those
    :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Also, torres is likely to be banned for 4 games.
    Pretty stupid because if the referee had seen the initial incident, he would only have been banned for 3 games. So he is essentially getting an extra game ban because of a referee mistake not to send him off earlier.

Furthermore, if they are taking retrospective action with regards to that incident, why don't they look at what Torres was sent off for and get rid of that one game ban and stick with the 3 game ban for "violent conduct".

ReputationRep:
    Schurrle's performances (except in the Super Cup) have disappointed me more than De Bruyne's have, and yet Jose keeps giving him considerable game time. Can see KDB asking to go out on loan come January

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Skkc16)
    Schurrle's performances (except in the Super Cup) have disappointed me more than De Bruyne's have, and yet Jose keeps giving him considerable game time. Can see KDB asking to go out on loan come January

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some (not entirely reliable) sources are actually predicting a full transfer in January, given that he wasn't even included in the Champions League team. Which probably would make sense for him at this point in his career: he needs gametime, and he's unlikely to get a great deal of it in a team that plays what is close to a 4-4-1-1 with six (?) not-too-old players competing for the three spots he can play in (and this is not even counting van Ginkel, who will hopefully be good to play sooner rather than later).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Some (not entirely reliable) sources are actually predicting a full transfer in January, given that he wasn't even included in the Champions League team. Which probably would make sense for him at this point in his career: he needs gametime, and he's unlikely to get a great deal of it in a team that plays what is close to a 4-4-1-1 with six (?) not-too-old players competing for the three spots he can play in (and this is not even counting van Ginkel, who will hopefully be good to play sooner rather than later).
    He is included in the CL team, the only player who isn't is Essien, and van Ginkel is a CM so I don't see what that has to do with KDB's playing time.

Mourinho said in the pre-match press conference before he walked out that De Bruyne hadn't impressed him in training nor against Swindon. What's the point in him travelling to Romania if he's not going to play? It's not uncommon for players to remain at the club in such situations, but as with seemingly everything to do with Chelsea the press sensationalise and ill informed people lap it up. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Calling it now - we're going to break De Bruyne, and will be fully deserving of the criticism directed at us for damaging young prospects.

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku just scored for Everton, bizarre decision to loan him out

ReputationRep:
    Lets loan Lukaku out next season aswell Jose! We have many better strikers in the first time now don't we.

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku not ready for chelsea first team?

2 in 2 for eveton so far.. great season last year..

Hmmmm...

I know which one id rather have in my team out of all 4 of the chelsea strikers.. and its the one that is currently out on loan.

ReputationRep:
    Worst piece of business = buying Willian and Schurrle, and saturating the team.

Got rid of Lukaku and breaking de Bruyne/Mata... stupid, stupid, stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Lets loan Lukaku out next season aswell Jose! We have many better strikers in the first time now don't we.
    Lol it's such a bizarre situation. If he had started in one of the 1st two games I doubt he'd have requested a loan but he went from starting pretty much every pre season game to being a sub in the 75th min.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pretty stupid because if the referee had seen the initial incident, he would only have been banned for 3 games. So he is essentially getting an extra game ban because of a referee mistake not to send him off earlier.

Furthermore, if they are taking retrospective action with regards to that incident, why don't they look at what Torres was sent off for and get rid of that one game ban and stick with the 3 game ban for "violent conduct".
    Yeah I think it was 3-4. More likely 3 but if it's 4 then that's a bit too far.

Yeah I agree we need a CM/CDM. Should've gone for Kondogbia, Hamsik (reasonable chance of landing him in the summer), Vidal
    to name a few. I'm pretty sure Jose didn't want to bring in Willian because we sure as hell don't need him.

Add to that, we need another striker unless Mourinho (or whoever is in charge next year knowing RA) has faith in Lukaku
    Wonder if we'll buy Sturridge back. We'll probably have to pay 30m but I wouldn't mind it. Lukaku/Sturridge/Torres is really good tbh. But typical of Chelsea to do something like this...

Also, believe it or not, Vidal has a 100m release clause I think. As crazy as we are with transfers I don't think we'll be paying that much! Kondogbia would've been relatively cheap but he went to Monaco .

*Sigh*. Not been great for us with regards to transfers huh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Lol it's such a bizarre situation. If he had started in one of the 1st two games I doubt he'd have requested a loan but he went from starting pretty much every pre season game to being a sub in the 75th min.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He will be another Sturridge situation. Pure waste of talent. Jose will bring him back pre-season, he will score another 10 goals then when the season starts again he will be benched and a week later loaned.
    What an idiotic move. Lukaku looks set to get another 15 goals atleast this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    He will be another Sturridge situation. Pure waste of talent. Jose will bring him back pre-season, he will score another 10 goals then when the season starts again he will be benched and a week later loaned.
    What an idiotic move. Lukaku looks set to get another 15 goals atleast this season.
    If he does really well this season I doubt he'll be loaned he'd probably just ask to leave permanently if he still doesn't get games. I imagine a few clubs would have him as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha Lukaku 3 goals from 2 apps for Everton so far.

Oh Jose

ReputationRep:
    Battle for top 4 - Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool/Everton/Man City/Chelsea and Utd. Looking ever so likely that 1 of the latter 3 are bound to miss out.
    Without injuries Everton look the most complete team in the league in all positions.
    Ross Barkley will be the next big thing, looking better than Wilshere already when he was 19.

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO - Twitter trend on Lukaku is hilarious.
    Name:  Lukakufacts.png
Views: 51
Size:  269.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    LUKAKU=Chuck Norris!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Yeah I think it was 3-4. More likely 3 but if it's 4 then that's a bit too far.

Wonder if we'll buy Sturridge back. We'll probably have to pay 30m but I wouldn't mind it. Lukaku/Sturridge/Torres is really good tbh. But typical of Chelsea to do something like this...

Also, believe it or not, Vidal has a 100m release clause I think. As crazy as we are with transfers I don't think we'll be paying that much! Kondogbia would've been relatively cheap but he went to Monaco .

*Sigh*. Not been great for us with regards to transfers huh.
    100 million? LOL

We should definitely get Hamsik who looks like a perfect replacement forr Lampard. Got a very good shot on him and was the top assist man last year in Italy. Would cost 35-40 million I guess. We should sell one of our AM/ Wingers and bring him in so the outlay on Hamsik is only around 20-25 million.

Other midfielders we could look at are Strootman,Pogba (unlikely to leave though) to name a few. Heck, if Barkley has a good season I see no reason why not to poach him for Merseyside.

Van Ginkel can be our defensive midfielder, and with Lukaku hopefully having a good season, we slot him back in and possibly get Sturridge back and offload one of Torres or Ba, while Eto'o's contract runs out.

ReputationRep:
    100 million? LOL

We should definitely get Hamsik who looks like a perfect replacement forr Lampard. Got a very good shot on him and was the top assist man last year in Italy. Would cost 35-40 million I guess. We should sell one of our AM/ Wingers and bring him in so the outlay on Hamsik is only around 20-25 million.

Other midfielders we could look at are Strootman,Pogba (unlikely to leave though) to name a few. Heck, if Barkley has a good season I see no reason why not to poach him for Merseyside.

Van Ginkel can be our defensive midfielder, and with Lukaku hopefully having a good season, we slot him back in and possibly get Sturridge back and offload one of Torres or Ba, while Eto'o's contract runs out.
    Manchester United are going to snap up Barkley in a heartbeat by January/June.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.