Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Schurrle's been our best player so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Schurrle's been our best player so far.
    I didn't think he was that good in the 1st half but wow this second half he's been on fire

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Schurrle: I'm going to Chelsea
    Manager: Surely you can't be serious?
    Schurrle: I am serious, and don't ever call me Schurrle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Schurrle: I'm going to Chelsea
    Manager: Surely you can't be serious?
    Schurrle: I am serious, and don't ever call me Schurrle
    :ahee:

:yy:
    Flopped the last bit though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Need a 4-0 victory today for £40.

Come on Chelsea!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Cole has been sloppy this game and I haven't really seen a good performance from him this season.

Time to go for Leighton Baines in january then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Need a 4-0 victory today for £40.

Come on Chelsea!!!!
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
    Congrats
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    I didn't think he was that good in the 1st half but wow this second half he's been on fire

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By best player, I meant everyone else was substandard, haha.

Definitely had a good game though. Wasn't a huge fan of him, but he's growing on me. Looks like he responds particularly well to Mourinho's man management.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I hope Cech is ok :erm:

Edit: And Torres please don't loose your form from Injuries again

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Torres' injury isn't too serious. Eto'o looked decent when he came on though, he's looking better with every game. Ramires and Schurrle were excellent, although I do feel their RB flattered Schurrle somewhat.

Who do you guys want to see against Norwich? AM wise Oscar looks like he could do with a rest, Hazard might still be injured but even if he isn't I don't think he should start tbh, would quite like to see KDB but that seems like somewhat unlikely so Schurrle/Mata/Willian would be pretty good IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Ramires was quite good tonight as well. Again though I feel as time goes on we'll rely on him that much (when he isn't even top class), then if he gets injured as well we'll be in a bit of trouble. Hope we go for one in Jan at least...

Hazard shouldn't start even if he's fit. Guy has been quite underwhelming thus far second only to Cole.

So, Willian/Mata/Schurrle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Ramires was quite good tonight as well. Again though I feel as time goes on we'll rely on him that much (when he isn't even top class), then if he gets injured as well we'll be in a bit of trouble. Hope we go for one in Jan at least...

Hazard shouldn't start even if he's fit. Guy has been quite underwhelming thus far second only to Cole.

So, Willian/Mata/Schurrle
    Completely agree.

With van Ginkel out for most of the season I think we have to go for a CM in January unless we start playing Luiz (or perhaps even Oscar/KDB) there. If Ramires gets injured we're kind of screwed given how bad the Lampard/Mikel partnership can be, hopefully Essien can step up if such a situation arises, he looked pretty good against Swindon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Completely agree.

With van Ginkel out for most of the season I think we have to go for a CM in January unless we start playing Luiz (or perhaps even Oscar/KDB) there. If Ramires gets injured we're kind of screwed given how badly the Lampard/Mikel partnership can be, hopefully Essien can step up if such a situation arises, he looked pretty good against Swindon.
    What would you think about a bid for Cabaye? I think he's got great composure on the ball, vision and goal scoring ability and we'll give us another option to Ramires. He's 27 which isn't young but at the same time we can't keep buying young promising players -- we've gotta get some developed ones and Cabaye will be entering his prime. He's not world class but I think he's a very good player -- would do better here than at Newcastle too. And, he wouldn't be cup-tied during the CL.

As long as we go for another DM in the summer I would be fine with that tbh.

ReputationRep:
    What would you think about a bid for Cabaye? I think he's got great composure on the ball, vision and goal scoring ability and we'll give us another option to Ramires. He's 27 which isn't young but at the same time we can't keep buying young promising players -- we've gotta get some developed ones and Cabaye will be entering his prime. He's not world class but I think he's a very good player -- would do better here than at Newcastle too. And, he wouldn't be cup-tied during the CL.

Haven't seen too much of him but from what I have that seems like a decent shout. Would probably be available for the right bid too.

ReputationRep:

Fully agree here. Cabaye is a very good player. Surprised United didn't go for him and went for Fellaini,
    He'll cost around 15-18 million and if we get him, he should start most games.

There's not much other CM that we can get apart from him for a decent price, unless we pick off Barkley from Everton

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...evin-de-bruyne

I'd be lying if I said that I was absolutely not worried about this. A little yes but I know it's just the media writing a piece which looks worse than it is.

I love how when one of our players is left out of a squad, they have instantly been outcast. Mata to Barca and now De Bruyne to Bremen. Lol bet Schurrle back to Leverkusen is next if he's left out of 2 match day squads.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Torres out for 3 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enoxial)
    Torres out for 3 weeks!
    Not too bad. He was going to miss this weekend's game anyway and it's the international break () soon after . Just hope he doesn't lose this form he currently has

ReputationRep:
    Hope Eto can finally step up to the plate

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.