The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 419
Jose is so sick with young players.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cretinous management.

Original post by cleveradam
Jose is an idiot. Gave Lukaku no starts in a competitive match and this is the result. Hopefully he takes him back in January or Everton could have a chance at top 4.
We sold Sturridge look what he's doing.
If we sell Lukaku I will go mad. Why doesn't Jose Mourinho give him a run of games I do not know.

Don't worry; in January I'm sure we'll put in a thirty-five million pound bid for Sturridge...
If it's of any consolation to you guys, Lukaku does seem to disappear in the second half and run out of energy, which is understandable, and should get better over time starting more games at a top-half club.
Reply 6982
Sturridge. I love Chelsea but i have come to conclusion we can't develop talent like other clubs, we gave torres so many chances but we couldnt even give Sturridge a game
Original post by sucess
Sturridge. I love Chelsea but i have come to conclusion we can't develop talent like other clubs, we gave torres so many chances but we couldnt even give Sturridge a game

this.
Original post by sucess

It's not even developing talent wrt Sturridge. All we had to do was play the mother****er
None of our strikers have scored this season. This is a travesty. Hoping Eto'o gets one tomorrow...
Original post by 9MmBulletz
It's not even developing talent wrt Sturridge. All we had to do was play the mother****er

To be fair I don't think he was a good footballer mentally whilst he was at Chelsea. Sure he was capable of scoring but he did seem greedy with the ball and didn't really do much defensively. He's really changed that now and you could put it down to pressure or coaching but yeah, thanks.
The only way to change this luck with Strikers is to try play 4-4-2 and we might get Strikers scoring. 0 goals from Etoo/Torres in the league and Demba Ba is a ghost, he hasn't even got a chance.
Reply 6988
Its funny how some of you think you know more than a manager that has one 2 champions leagues and a title in 4 different countries.
Original post by trrr
Its funny how some of you think you know more than a manager that has one 2 champions leagues and a title in 4 different countries.

even the best of people can still make mistakes :smile:
Reply 6990
Original post by trrr

he is also human therefore makes mistake
Original post by trrr
]

At that level of management, luck plays a crucial role.

Mourinho for example
At Porto against United, United had a goal disallowed in the first leg in Porto and conceded a last minute free kick which knocked them out.
With Inter, they should've been down to 10 men at half time against us when Samuel hacked down Kalou. We shouldn't have lost against them at the San Siro. At the home leg , Walter Samuel (who shouldn't be playing) wrestles Drogba corner after corner with the referee giving nothing.
Against Barcelona in 2010, Inter score one offside goal and should've conceded a penalty (at the San Siro) when Sneijder brings down Messi in the box. At the Nou Camp, a goal is chalked off Barcelona for a non-deliberate handball,

If you look at Real Madrid when Pellegrini was in charge, Real Madrid finished the season with 96 points. Mourinho got 92,100 and 87 points which is hardly an improvement (although 96 points is hard to improve on).

I'm not saying Mourinho is over-rated or what not. What I am saying is that he can make mistakes and can be dependent on luck from time to time

:biggrin:
It kind of annoys me how you lot are just wasting Demba Ba. If he went to Arsenal he'd be getting game time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
It kind of annoys me how you lot are just wasting Demba Ba. If he went to Arsenal he'd be getting game time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He still would've been second choice to Giroud who's in fine form. It's not like Bendtner has had any/much game time?

Anyway Ba knew what he was signing up for - lot of money for sitting on the bench.
Original post by Zerforax
He still would've been second choice to Giroud who's in fine form. It's not like Bendtner has had any/much game time?

Anyway Ba knew what he was signing up for - lot of money for sitting on the bench.

Chelsea are a funny club how can you have 6 people on loan at Vitesse. I think Chelsea is the worst place for young players to go to.
Original post by Zerforax

bendtner was never going to get much time..

But if Ba was there, Id be shocked if he hadnt had a few starts, and been subbed on in a number of games..

Giroud does look tired, and has taken a few knocks in games..
Cole being favoured again despite looking like **** these few games. I think we'd need a little bit more width against norwich as well.
Ba has been given a start today, interesting to see how he will do.
1 goal in 3 away games this season and 0 wins. About time we end that run. Juan Mata to be our saviour.

Latest