The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh Willian :teeth:
Lucky to score the winner and get 3 points. If Norwich hadn't been so greedy and gone for the winner themselves, it would have been a draw.
Need to improve on scoring 2-3 goals a match and killing off games quickly.
Again, it highlights a problem with our central midfield.
Original post by cleveradam
Lucky to score the winner and get 3 points. If Norwich hadn't been so greedy and gone for the winner themselves, it would have been a draw.
Need to improve on scoring 2-3 goals a match and killing off games quickly.

Game should've been over at half time tbf.

Not really bothered now cos we won and it's my birthday :cake::bootyshake::dance::dancing2::flip:
Happy birthday mate! :smile:
Reply 7025
Honestly didn't expect us to come back from that equaliser, fantastic that we did. We really do need to improve at CM though, massive shame MVG got injured as I think it's time we started to fade Lampard out tbf, or at least not play him every game.

Hazard looked much better given his recent lackluster performances, and Willian looked more like a player worthy of a £30m pricetag, hopefully they can both keep that up.
I think it's time to give Aké a chance. Looked great against Everton last season. Quite energetic as well.
We have chalobah, ake and mceachran. Surely one of them are better than Mikel?
Reply 7028
Original post by 9MmBulletz
We have chalobah, ake and mceachran. Surely one of them are better than Mikel?

Chalobah and McEachran are on loan this season but we have Ake, who did really well against Everton!
Reply 7029
Loved the constant Willian chant for the last 10 minutes too :giggle:
Yeah, thought it was all over when Norwich got the equaliser as they were playing very well. Very pleased indeed with the end result. If WBA can hang on this will be a near perfect weekend going into the international break! :biggrin:
Reply 7031
Original post by Nichrome
Yeah, thought it was all over when Norwich got the equaliser as they were playing very well. Very pleased indeed with the end result. If WBA can hang on this will be a near perfect weekend going into the international break! :biggrin:

Spurs losing too :biggrin: West Brom should've been 3-0 up. They might have lost the chance to win or even draw at this point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skkc16
Spurs losing too :biggrin: West Brom should've been 3-0 up. They might have lost the chance to win or even draw at this point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't know what game you were watching? They could have been 2 up at one point but we've had plenty of chances and penalty appeals turned down. draw will be a fair result tbh.
Reply 7033
Original post by Pete_Lawton
Don't know what game you were watching? They could have been 2 up at one point but we've had plenty of chances and penalty appeals turned down. draw will be a fair result tbh.

Beginning of the second half Anelka had two really good chances to score and he wasted them. That's the game I was watching.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The worrying thing is that we don't look like scoring goals. Last season we were able to roll over most teams with many goals. Should take it game by game.

Chelsea vs ManC 27th October
Chelsea vs Arsenal 29th October - League Cup
We should prioritize the win at home against City and I hope Jose doesn't only go for the draw.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7035
Original post by Nichrome

How has this weekend been near perfect for you? How?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
How has this weekend been near perfect for you? How?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because in our desire to get closer to the top / first, we had to win, spuds had to lose and Arsenal had to lose. There's nothing we could've done to get first this time but we had to get as close as possible, and it was almost the case except that West Brom drew instead. Not to mention it's always good to see Spuds losing 3-0.

Not worried at all about the dippers.
Reply 7037
Original post by The Assassin
Because in our desire to get closer to the top / first, we had to win, spuds had to lose and Arsenal had to lose. There's nothing we could've done to get first this time but we had to get as close as possible, and it was almost the case except that West Brom drew instead. Not to mention it's always good to see Spuds losing 3-0.

Not worried at all about the dippers.

Who cares about been top in October?

As if spuds matters. Citeh's result is what should concern you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
Who cares about been top in October?

As if spuds matters. Citeh's result is what should concern you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, forgot about City. Well, at least they're below us.

They do matter.
Reply 7039
Original post by cleveradam
The worrying thing is that we don't look like scoring goals. Last season we were able to roll over most teams with many goals. Should take it game by game.

Chelsea vs ManC 27th October
Chelsea vs Arsenal 29th October - League Cup
We should prioritize the win at home against City and I hope Jose doesn't only go for the draw.

I'm sure he will. I remember he already said our youngsters will get a good chance to shine for that league cup game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest