Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Someday Luiz is going to kick the ball to the moon

ReputationRep:
    And now for the annual MOTD let's scrutinise everything David Luiz does segment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    David Luiz man :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In a nutshell

ReputationRep:
    Really nice goals from Eto'o and Oscar. If we can get a win against City I'll be more convinced that we can win the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Yes Hazard!!! Eto'o should've scored it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    **** that hazards in my FFT team, if I put hazard as captain(he's been doing the ting) then I'd have got 75 points, but I decided to put in lukaku. My mates couch has an imprint of my fist on it.

ReputationRep:
    News about Piazon guys

Good news: He has scored 5 goals in 7 apps.
    Bad news: He's play as a LW rather than an ST...

ReputationRep:
    Also, we're linked with Pogba!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    News about Piazon guys

Good news: He has scored 5 goals in 7 apps.
    Bad news: He's play as a LW rather than an ST...
    We're lacking in LW's and attacking mids I guess, could do with another one, so our on loan/3rd choice AM's can make top 4. :lol:

(Original post by The Assassin)
    Also, we're linked with Pogba!
    Doubt we'd get pogba, we need to get rid of a player, Lamps will get a new contract, essien it'll need to be seen if he gets games, and pogba's tied for CL, so we'll need to get him next season. No doubt he'll be needed, but we need to get rid of 1/two players, Mikel and essien would be my guess. When do you think lamps will retire btw. Personally don't want him to turn into giggs, I'd rather him leave still a top player who doesn't cost us games and is not a detriment to our performances. I think he'll play till he's 39/40 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    We're lacking in LW's and attacking mids I guess, could do with another one, so our on loan/3rd choice AM's can make top 4. :lol:
    Hehe . But seriously it's quite a dilemma. Thorgan Hazard has been doing brilliant as well . Why do not hear any good news about our on loan central/defensive midfielders?!

Doubt we'd get pogba, we need to get rid of a player, Lamps will get a new contract, essien it'll need to be seen if he gets games, and pogba's tied for CL, so we'll need to get him next season. No doubt he'll be needed, but we need to get rid of 1/two players, Mikel and essien would be my guess. When do you think lamps will retire btw. Personally don't want him to turn into giggs, I'd rather him leave still a top player who doesn't cost us games and is not a detriment to our performances. I think he'll play till he's 39/40 though.
    Essien is a squad player really and he can be useful at times -- don't think we should offload him. Mikel ok -- although maybe with Van Ginkel playing the deeper role he can play further forward as a midfielder which he's done well for Nigeria I think .

lol agreed. Although I can imagine some really funny reactions when we start subbing him on similar to United fans doing so with Giggs :lol:. Not sure about Lamps getting a new contract. He's look so past it this season and he doesn't have any energy at all in any games. Combined with Ramires it's a poor pivot to have. Maybe start trying the 4-3-3 and change it all really. Sell Mikel too and then get Pogba (plus another def mid maybe like Bender).

Shame McEachran has been injured so much because he looked good a few years back.

ReputationRep:
    Luiz's mistake was terrible, but tbf he's going to get more stick for it than it deserves; had it been any other CB it would barely get a second mention but because it's Luiz it'll be talked about for a month, at least we managed to come back from it.

Aside from that though I thought we did pretty well despite the commentators on the stream I was watching completely slating us (don't want to sound the victim but I swear the majority of the media ****ing hate us), Mourinho definitely sorted us out with a half time talk as our first half performance wasn't great which is something that needs addressing. Good to see Eto'o get his first goal for Chelsea, and IMO Oscar should be starting ahead of Mata based on their current form.

Hopefully Schurrle is fit by next weekend for the City game, think a Hazard-Oscar-Schurrle lineup is our best bet, City haven't been getting results away from home until the West Ham game so fingers crossed we can grab at least a point, not very confident though.

ReputationRep:
    The guy who Mourinho set next to's twitter:

https://twitter.com/Sean_Buxtonzz/st...87453544718336

...and his follow up status:

He's taking the piss with the leg room
    https://twitter.com/Sean_Buxtonzz/st...88892174209024

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You seem to have a soft spot for David Luiz.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon Luiz will be dropped in the games against Arsenal and City.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Luiz's mistake was terrible, but tbf he's going to get more stick for it than it deserves; had it been any other CB it would barely get a second mention but because it's Luiz it'll be talked about for a month, at least we managed to come back from it.

Aside from that though I thought we did pretty well despite the commentators on the stream I was watching completely slating us (don't want to sound the victim but I swear the majority of the media ****ing hate us), Mourinho definitely sorted us out with a half time talk as our first half performance wasn't great which is something that needs addressing. Good to see Eto'o get his first goal for Chelsea, and IMO Oscar should be starting ahead of Mata based on their current form.

Hopefully Schurrle is fit by next weekend for the City game, think a Hazard-Oscar-Schurrle lineup is our best bet, City haven't been getting results away from home until the West Ham game so fingers crossed we can grab at least a point, not very confident though.

City will be tough of course, but we have lots of pace on the break and I honestly think we're one of the most dangerous teams on the break in Europe. City like to keep the ball relatively high up the pitch. They'll probably out-muscle us in the central midfield areas, but we have wide players like Schurrle, Willian and Hazard who are all very quick while City's main midfield threat with pace is Navas, who doesn't always play. So we're going to have to soak up lots of pressure due to how weak our central midfield is (Ramires can't pass if his life depended on it) but I'm confident we can get them on the counter.

We have to win our next 2 games though. Schalke will be difficult as they've got very good offensive players like Boateng, Draxler, Farfan and Huntelaar but they're struggling in the German league and their defending does leave a lot to be desired from time to time (got thrashed 4-0 at home to Bayern).

Plus, if we beat City, our next game against the other big teams isn't till mid-December. Arsenal have yet to play any challenging teams except Tottenham and they have Liverpool and United to play in November, plus City and us in December.

We're not doing too bad now, second and only 2 points behind Arsenal despite having to go to Old Trafford, White Hart Lane and Goodison which are the games we've dropped points in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)

Haven't seen the highlights, was watching the arsenal match, forgive me for the blasphemy

Yeah they seem to hate luiz. Still his defensive errors piss me off as it seems like terry makes hardly any when he gets a run of games, I really think if we play him we need a player in midfield who's capable of slotting into CB as a half back so he has creative freedom to roam forward or to leave passes back :rolleyes:, a lucas leiva type who can play the ball as well, or as guardiola thinks phillip lahm :rolleyes:

What about using willian? I know he hasn't had many games but he's been quality whenever he's come on, I'd personally put him in for schalke to get more game time and if schurrle ain't fit we put willian in, he's got the pace, the passing ability and can certainly dribble past his man(as he showed against us lol) Saying that I'm growing a liking to schurrle too, I think he's been consistently 7/10 since coming here so far this season.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure these 4 players are injured:

> Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
    > Kevin-Prince Boateng
    > Kyriakos Papadopoulos
    > Jermaine Jones

Also, interesting to see Hazard has a great game when Cole isn't there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    City will be tough of course, but we have lots of pace on the break and I honestly think we're one of the most dangerous teams on the break in Europe. City like to keep the ball relatively high up the pitch. They'll probably out-muscle us in the central midfield areas, but we have wide players like Schurrle, Willian and Hazard who are all very quick while City's main midfield threat with pace is Navas, who doesn't always play. So we're going to have to soak up lots of pressure due to how weak our central midfield is (Ramires can't pass if his life depended on it) but I'm confident we can get them on the counter.

We have to win our next 2 games though. Schalke will be difficult as they've got very good offensive players like Boateng, Draxler, Farfan and Huntelaar but they're struggling in the German league and their defending does leave a lot to be desired from time to time (got thrashed 4-0 at home to Bayern).

Plus, if we beat City, our next game against the other big teams isn't till mid-December. Arsenal have yet to play any challenging teams except Tottenham and they have Liverpool and United to play in November, plus City and us in December.

We're not doing too bad now, second and only 2 points behind Arsenal despite having to go to Old Trafford, White Hart Lane and Goodison which are the games we've dropped points in
    I'd say we're doing pretty well tbh with the context of our run, I thought we'd have an okayish start, but united are the only team for the title with a harder first 8 games than us and we're 6 points ahead of them. We're not far from arsenal who had an easier run than us and only had one big game at home.

We'll have to play on the counter, I think we have to press though and stifle their play, against united the way they looked when united allowed them to have the ball was scary, with the mobility we have in the middle and playing at home we'll have to express ourselves a bit more. It's a shame that if we had a CM like gundogan we'd probably win the game

I think schalke have sorted out their lapses, we're at home to them so I think we'll win though, I think we'll win, it's a must win game if we wanna top the group, I doubt we'll win away but that'll just solidify first place, although there are some mean teams in the second group, juve, napoli potentially, milan(although we'd beat them) and leverkusen/shaktar but it's better than getting real madrid or barca that's for sure

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I'd say we're doing pretty well tbh with the context of our run, I thought we'd have an okayish start, but united are the only team for the title with a harder first 8 games than us and we're 6 points ahead of them. We're not far from arsenal who had an easier run than us and only had one big game at home.

We'll have to play on the counter, I think we have to press though and stifle their play, against united the way they looked when united allowed them to have the ball was scary, with the mobility we have in the middle and playing at home we'll have to express ourselves a bit more. It's a shame that if we had a CM like gundogan we'd probably win the game

I think schalke have sorted out their lapses, we're at home to them so I think we'll win though, I think we'll win, it's a must win game if we wanna top the group, I doubt we'll win away but that'll just solidify first place, although there are some mean teams in the second group, juve, napoli potentially, milan(although we'd beat them) and leverkusen/shaktar but it's better than getting real madrid or barca that's for sure
    Yeah I agree with what you're saying although I think we're better than United when it comes to how we can counter-attack plus the interchange of play between our AMs. We can definitely hit City on the counter and I can imagine that Mourinho may have looked at the Bayern game as well as the Villa game as ways to overcome City.

Btw we're playing in Germany on Tuesday. We need a draw at least although a win is ideal.

With regards to progressing, I'd say we are better equipped to beat Juventus this time although they're always difficult opponents. Last year, we should have killed them off while it was 2-1 (Mata missed a great chance plus we should've had a penalty) and in Turin we didn't play with a striker (Sturridge was injured, and he may have been with us now had he been fit and played well) and their first two goals were deflected in, plus we were a little wasteful on the break. Saying that, I think that match showed that Di Matteo was out of his depth a little. Not a bad manager, but all he did was play safe (which was all we could do when we won the CL in 2012) and we needed someone willing to experiment a bit more to get the best out of us

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.