Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'd be very surprised if you beat City on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't write us off so quickly. We have two very special players in Juan Mata and Eden Hazard, either of which can win you a game against any opposition in the world on their day. It will depend on which stars from which team turn up on the day imo. I wouldn't be surprised by just about any score line as either team can play very badly one day and extraordinary the next.

ReputationRep:
    Think it'll go to extra time. 1-1 draw most likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Good, uni being hard as **** though.
    Rafa isn't the most likeable guy or amazing manager but I guess if he adds trophies and gets us 3rd/2nd place I can't fault him. He can still **** off at the end of the season though.

Might put a bet on a draw vs city saturday if my train to scouserland gets there before the match.
    BTTS is pretty safe in my opinion for the FA Cup. If he does get us 3rd then fair play to him, but our run-in is looking horrendous and he's mismanaged easy games earlier in the season so if we miss out it's down to him.

ReputationRep:
    The game should have a cup-final feel to it though. At Wembley and whoever wins this game, will be heavy favourites for the final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    You are all going to look very ****ing stupid if Benitez gets you 3rd and 2 trophies.
    Suppose you could say the same about other clubs who have done the same. The strangest thing was appointing Avram Grant and we got to the CL final that season.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Norwich, only 10 more minutes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Come on Norwich, only 10 more minutes...
    Jinxed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Jinxed it
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    We need Drogba for tomorrow, guaranteed goal.

ReputationRep:
    Holy Christ were Norwich shafted...

ReputationRep:
    Match Thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2319017

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Suppose you could say the same about other clubs who have done the same. The strangest thing was appointing Avram Grant and we got to the CL final that season.
    As Bruce Buck said, our chopping and changing has actually worked pretty much every time. Guus & Robbie being the most successful clearly, Avram managing to get us to 3 finals (if you count taking it to the last day in the league) and still cocking every single one of them up.

And it's a very rare thing for me to agree with Buck/Gourlay & co.!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tc92)
    As Bruce Buck said, our chopping and changing has actually worked pretty much every time. Guus & Robbie being the most successful clearly, Avram managing to get us to 3 finals (if you count taking it to the last day in the league) and still cocking every single one of them up.

And it's a very rare thing for me to agree with Buck/Gourlay & co.!
    Lets be honest it's not that hard to manage chelsea. It's hard to stay as manager but with unlimited resources, world class players we're going to obviously do well no matter the circumstances. It's why rafa benitez potentially is gonna win us a double and we won the champions league with a guy managing a relegation club before he joined us or we got to a CL final with a guy as clueless as avram grant.

I'm kind of disappointed, if we had stability and let managers do their thing with freedom we'd be a much better team. On par with united personally. We only need to chop and change if they're having a shocking season i.e. not making top 4.

I'd like to see steve clark manage us in the future.

ReputationRep:
    come on the blues!

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be such a tough game to win. Our head to head against City in the last few games ain't great.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is isn't it. We've been a bit wobbly on form lately too. I just hope we give it our all, I genuinely don't mind losing to a good team as long as we play our socks off.

Will be interested to see the starting lineup too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    It's going to be such a tough game to win. Our head to head against City in the last few games ain't great.
    Same could have been said for man united.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah as long as we play well and don't get humiliated, I wont be too upset by the result. City have a lot of match winners in their team.

ReputationRep:
    RVP needs a face mask.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.