Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Yeah. Not last year though! Cissoko did really against us although he's regressed massively somehow.
    Oh yeah forgot about that. And Cisse also tore us a new one with that pearler of a goal not that long ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Oh yeah forgot about that. And Cisse also tore us a new one with that pearler of a goal not that long ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That goal defied the laws of physics.

ReputationRep:
    How people don't **** ride Luiz is blasphemic. Name me a better ball playing cb in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    How people don't **** ride Luiz is blasphemic. Name me a better ball playing cb in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Consistency with performances then he might make it worldclass. Very unreliable at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    good result, love the strength in depth we have now.

ReputationRep:
    We should defo use Essien more although he needs to improve his shooting. As does Eto'o. We had like 4 shots that went out for throw-ins :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    We should defo use Essien more although he needs to improve his shooting. As does Eto'o. We had like 4 shots that went out for throw-ins :lol:
    Reminds me of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Reminds me of

Heskey's one vs united 2 seasons ago was the best

Saying that, you're better off hitting it for a throw in from a shot than narrowly missing and the opposition getting a goal kick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Luiz isn't even that great a ball player, dante is easily better in that regard, he gets a higher pass completion rate(up to 10% more last season) and just as many forward passes. Luiz is a great player but inconsistent and error prone. When consistent he's the 2nd best player in our team but he's never consistent. He gets too much stick but from watching him every week

Doesn't help he's a stopper who tries to go into tackles which often leaves the back 4 exposed when we need to do offside traps(although his role is vital)

When luiz is made to defend however and is concentrating he's better than terry, but that doesn't happen anywhere near as often enough for me to say that he is. Terry's quite a good ball player as well saying that. If he was faster and more silky he would get more credit in that regard.

ReputationRep:
    Mesut Ozil risked the wrath of Arsenal fans and manager Arsene Wenger as he gave his Gunners shirt to Jose Mourinho, reportedly labelling the Chelsea boss ‘the best coach in the world’.

Mourinho got the better of Wenger once again at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday as the Blues won the Capital One Cup fourth round clash 2-0 to extend the Frenchman’s winless run against his old rival to nine matches.

And the sight of his club-record signing Ozil embracing Mourinho before handing over his jersey at the end of the game will have done little to improve the Gunners manager’s mood.

Mourinho and Ozil worked together at Real Madrid and the German playmaker was seemingly unrepentant afterwards, with 101greatgoals claiming he later explained: ‘I gave my jersey to Mourinho because he’s the best coach in the world and I love him like a father.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/30/mesut-...orld-4166523/?

ReputationRep:
    Mesut Ozil risked the wrath of Arsenal fans and manager Arsene Wenger as he gave his Gunners shirt to Jose Mourinho, reportedly labelling the Chelsea boss ‘the best coach in the world’.

Mourinho got the better of Wenger once again at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday as the Blues won the Capital One Cup fourth round clash 2-0 to extend the Frenchman’s winless run against his old rival to nine matches.

And the sight of his club-record signing Ozil embracing Mourinho before handing over his jersey at the end of the game will have done little to improve the Gunners manager’s mood.

Mourinho and Ozil worked together at Real Madrid and the German playmaker was seemingly unrepentant afterwards, with 101greatgoals claiming he later explained: ‘I gave my jersey to Mourinho because he’s the best coach in the world and I love him like a father.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/30/mesut-...orld-4166523/?
    101greatgoals claiming...:lol:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen much of that site, but they're not allowed to make up quotes like that. It's alright man :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen much of that site, but they're not allowed to make up quotes like that. It's alright man :hugs:
    Your avatar reminds me of a dude who used to frequent this thread from time to time, ages ago. His username was MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SIK :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Your avatar reminds me of a dude who used to frequent this thread from time to time, ages ago. His username was MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SIK :rofl:
    :lol: :lol:

Essien :adore: Will put my Essien shirt on the next time he starts!

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't stop these websites though, does it? Not if they'll get hits because of it. And given that he didn't do any interviews after the match and that they are the only people quoting it, I think I know that smell

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why you're continuing; another case where you're trying to avoid working so will do anything to pass the time ? It sort of does, though. They have to be careful with what they say/claim as a fact, as well as attributing the quotes, because it could open them up to legal action. Generally they'd say 'a source close to' or something, then they wouldn't have to reveal their source, so can publish what they like without fear of action. Maybe it wasn't that site that had the reporters who spoke to him, but looking at how Ozil reacted after the game I wouldn't be surprised if he felt that way.

Your best player said what he feels about Mourinho. Accept it -- or don't if you feel? Maybe write to the newspapers expressing your sadness and anger... :dontknow:

Anyways...

That's jokes :lol: Well, I'm sure we all agree!

I don't think he'll get over his injuries but to get back into half the player he was would be great! Looked quite good for RM as a midfielder so it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    lol at assassins response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    lol at assassins response.
    was gonna quote you in the Arsenal thread but i'll say it here. I hope Arsenal drop down the league table like a plane out of the sky. Self-righteous and nostalgic like Liverpool fans (who are even worse in that sense)

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why you're continuing; another case where you're trying to avoid working so will do anything to pass the time ? It sort of does, though. They have to be careful with what they say/claim as a fact, as well as attributing the quotes, because it could open them up to legal action. Generally they'd say 'a source close to' or something, then they wouldn't have to reveal their source, so can publish what they like without fear of action. Maybe it wasn't that site that had the reporters who spoke to him, but looking at how Ozil reacted after the game I wouldn't be surprised if he felt that way.

Your best player said what he feels about Mourinho. Accept it -- or don't if you feel? Maybe write to the newspapers expressing your sadness and anger... :dontknow:

Anyways...
    I think you're overestimating how much I care about what he said, all I did was point how out unreliable the source was, more 'reliable' papers like the Independent and Daily Mail (O.K., I use the term reliable loosely but the competition here is low) didn't even print it. Who knows where the quotes actually originated from, but like I said I don't really care for how he views Mourinho as it wouldn't be a surprise for Özil to think highly of him, even if their relationship was supposedly fractious at times.

I'm gonna leave it there, anyway. I was actually on my break at the time, now however... And if I drag this out any longer, I love playing devils advocate on this thread and I'm pretty sure you all hate me for it

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys you know what's next, right? It's November. This is the time, in recent seasons, where we drop down like an avalanche and our hopes for challenging for the title evaporate.

Given the circumstances recently including Newcastle's lack of confidence and inept manager, we should show up, do what we've been doing and get the 3 points. But nonetheless, tradition may get in the way.

We shall see if that true Mourinho mentality is really instilled within us and the belief SFL has spoken about has returned. We have to fight, face crappy weather and eek out the 3 points that took us to the titles under Jose in his first reign, ala Blackburn. So, this game is a good proving ground for what we are made of now!

^Bulletz, I share your sentiments bro.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.