Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogwithwings)
    I am, I'm just wondering why u mentioned how we're doing in response to me saying eto'o has been ruined
    It's because every time you come on this thread, it's to troll when chelsea have lost a game. Pathetic really, lack of any insight and pretty much clatter the thread with nonsensical posts in order to wind people up.
    You title contenders are pretty far from the people who are first.
    I didn't see you saying this when we beat city too. **** off back to your bridge.
    Now wrt eto'o. If you actually watched or followed him in russia, he had been largely poor or average for anzhi. So to say that he's been ruined by us when he was doing poor in a **** league by his standards is a ridiculous statement to make.

ReputationRep:
    Well we're still 2nd, so not too bad. But we can't afford to drop points next weekend.

I might be at the Schalke game, so will be interesting to see how we will respond.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Arsenal have taken 25/27 points in their last 9 games. Surely that's taking the initiative?

Can't recall City being that good results wise this early on. This time last year United had a 1 point lead over Chelsea and 2 points over City.
    I assume he's referring to 2 years ago when City barely dropped a point in the league until December, sweeping aside all before them including a 5-1 win at White Hart Lane and 6-1 at OT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I assume he's referring to 2 years ago when City barely dropped a point in the league until December, sweeping aside all before them including a 5-1 win at White Hart Lane and 6-1 at OT.
    Makes more sense, guess he mixed them up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Well we're still 2nd, so not too bad. But we can't afford to drop points next weekend.

I might be at the Schalke game, so will be interesting to see how we will respond.
    Do you know where you'll be sitting? I'm usually in the West Lower for home games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biffy_Blues)
    Do you know where you'll be sitting? I'm usually in the West Lower for home games.
    It'll probably be the Shed End, however I usually go in the West Stand as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    It'll probably be the Shed End, however I usually go in the West Stand as well.
    My dad always used to stand in the Shed when he used to watch them in the 70's, never been there myself though

I see MOTD's weekly bash anything David Luiz does section has begun again.

ReputationRep:
    Oi Biffy. Only I get to point that out. Know your place sonny boy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...de-11-mistakes
    Ouch, tbh he did get the team selection wrong. I don't think mata and oscar can work together atm tbh which is why they don't play together, while hazard works best when mata is in the hole, so I'm wondering if he plays oscar with schurrle and willian will we do better.

The subs were poor tbh, I don't get why he didn't just do his 3atb when we need a goal tactic, I feel that we're able to play the ball quicker. We struggle to get in behind defences and having the fullbacks up as wingbacks with wingers infront would have allowed us to stretch the defence and also get more players forward, plus it would be harder to mark our teams players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Okay guys you know what's next, right? It's November. This is the time, in recent seasons, where we drop down like an avalanche and our hopes for challenging for the title evaporate.

Given the circumstances recently including Newcastle's lack of confidence and inept manager, we should show up, do what we've been doing and get the 3 points. But nonetheless, tradition may get in the way.

We shall see if that true Mourinho mentality is really instilled within us and the belief SFL has spoken about has returned. We have to fight, face crappy weather and eek out the 3 points that took us to the titles under Jose in his first reign, ala Blackburn. So, this game is a good proving ground for what we are made of now!

^Bulletz, I share your sentiments bro.
    It looks like we have failed/lost the first test. A few more to go. Get it together Chelsea.

Not good enough for a title winning side, more like a top 4 challenging side we have been in recent years.

Heads need to roll Jose, don't be afraid to drop the big names that are not performing for you. Betrand and Azpi played well in midweek, Brana and Ash did not today. Time to give the former 2 a go in midweek?

Cahill is streets ahead of Luiz in form, pick the guy who is performing, their second best is not acceptable. That is the mantra you had that won us titles, bring it back.

Frank is not evergreen, accept it. Use him when we need him most, you have other options to save the ounces of greatness he has left in him.

Hazards form is in and out, time for that to cost him his place for a few games. Lets see what Willan can do. And please, cut Mata the same degree of slack that is given to Hazard, he will reward us more for it.

Just as I was starting to believe we could overcome this it turns out we couldn't (yet).

Frustrating because we can do so much better. Let us hope we get the kick up the butt needed from this and come back in style.

Better hope we beat west brom a draw would be awful.

ReputationRep:
    tbf to Newcastle they really deserved that result. We played horrendously and they defended really well and took their chances when they came. Just need to take it on the chin and bring on the next game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    tbf to Newcastle they really deserved that result. We played horrendously and they defended really well and took their chances when they came. Just need to take it on the chin and bring on the next game.
    That's exactly the problem. The fact that things were so bad even with all the manpower that we have, Newcastle actually ended up playing better than us. I'd rather we lose (if we have to) playing well and with players actually acting like they want to win and fighting for it. In that case you can hold your hands up and say at least we did our best it just wasn't our day.

Yeah bring on next game and hopefully Jose will have looked theAssassin's last post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    It looks like we have failed/lost the first test. A few more to go. Get it together Chelsea.

Not good enough for a title winning side, more like a top 4 challenging side we have been in recent years.

Heads need to roll Jose, don't be afraid to drop the big names that are not performing for you. Betrand and Azpi played well in midweek, Brana and Ash did not today. Time to give the former 2 a go in midweek?

Cahill is streets ahead of Luiz in form, pick the guy who is performing, their second best is not acceptable. That is the mantra you had that won us titles, bring it back.

Frank is not evergreen, accept it. Use him when we need him most, you have other options to save the ounces of greatness he has left in him.

Hazards form is in and out, time for that to cost him his place for a few games. Lets see what Willan can do. And please, cut Mata the same degree of slack that is given to Hazard, he will reward us more for it.

Just as I was starting to believe we could overcome this it turns out we couldn't (yet).

Frustrating because we can do so much better. Let us hope we get the kick up the butt needed from this and come back in style.

Better hope we beat west brom a draw would be awful.
    Except Arsenal, who has shown they are good enough to win the title as of yet?Not many, plus Liverpool should have scored at least once yesterday but Suarez seemed off for some reason. Arsenal weren't that impressive, and in general play I thought a draw was probably fair.
    We're second (3rd at worst by the end of the week) while Arsenal have got to go to United next week.. Liverpool play at Everton next week, while in 3 weeks time Spurs go to City. Teams around us are going to be dropping points

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed one thing

-Hazard plays much better if Mata is beside him

I think Mourinho does want to play Mata, but the problem is that Mourinho doesn't trust any of his his central midfield options enough so that we can go all out attack in a game and play Mata each and every time. I'm guessing we're looking at a defensive/central midfielder in January, who can pass the ball forward confidently and quickly with bags of stamina. We don't have that in one player and if Mourinho can find that type of player in January, we may well see Mata play more so that Mata doesn't have to track back,

Mourinho's concern is that our central midfield doesn't protect the back 4 well enough like Makelele used to do, or Ballack after Makelele left so he's asking other midfield players to do this dirty work to compensate, which will consequently mean our attacking players are a little less sharp going forward IMO

ReputationRep:
    Really need someone to play central mid that isn't Lamps...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    I've noticed one thing

-Hazard plays much better if Mata is beside him

I think Mourinho does want to play Mata, but the problem is that Mourinho doesn't trust any of his his central midfield options enough so that we can go all out attack in a game and play Mata each and every time. I'm guessing we're looking at a defensive/central midfielder in January, who can pass the ball forward confidently and quickly with bags of stamina. We don't have that in one player and if Mourinho can find that type of player in January, we may well see Mata play more so that Mata doesn't have to track back,

Mourinho's concern is that our central midfield doesn't protect the back 4 well enough like Makelele used to do, or Ballack after Makelele left so he's asking other midfield players to do this dirty work to compensate, which will consequently mean our attacking players are a little less sharp going forward IMO
    Not a bad shout, if so though, I would throw Essien in just to see if he can bring back the beast that he was. He used him quite a bit at Real Madrid and has looked good when hes come on. Essien/Ramires partnership, if he sits back with Ramires as per, being the engine in that pairing going up and down, I think we compensate for lack of defending our wingers would have to do.

I'm really likiing Willian more and more every time I see him play. Wouldn't mind Eto'o; Schurrle, Mata, Willian playing as the 4 up front against Schalke. Maybe even get KdB in the hole/wing.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see us sign a CDM in January, but one who has experience and who Van Ginkel can learn and develop from.

Pirlo might be available who I'd love to see us sign if he's not too costly although he's coming to the end of his life cycle.
    De Rossi of Roma would also be a good signing and someone I'd trust to give more stability in CDM both defensively and going forward. Much much more than Mikel anyway.

I think though our most realistic transfer target would be Lars Bender. He's German and Arsenal are interested, but I reckon Shirley could have a word in his ear to convince him to come here.

I also think it would be a massive statement of intent if we signed Lewandowski either in Jan or the summer. Perhaps give them cash plus Ba?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    It's because every time you come on this thread, it's to troll when chelsea have lost a game. Pathetic really, lack of any insight and pretty much clatter the thread with nonsensical posts in order to wind people up.
    You title contenders are pretty far from the people who are first.
    I didn't see you saying this when we beat city too. **** off back to your bridge.
    Now wrt eto'o. If you actually watched or followed him in russia, he had been largely poor or average for anzhi. So to say that he's been ruined by us when he was doing poor in a **** league by his standards is a ridiculous statement to make.
    He's probably a 606 orphan. I mean, people still use chavski as a wind up? And it has always been football fans from areas that enjoy throwing stones from glass houses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    Except Arsenal, who has shown they are good enough to win the title as of yet?Not many, plus Liverpool should have scored at least once yesterday but Suarez seemed off for some reason. Arsenal weren't that impressive, and in general play I thought a draw was probably fair.
    We're second (3rd at worst by the end of the week) while Arsenal have got to go to United next week.. Liverpool play at Everton next week, while in 3 weeks time Spurs go to City. Teams around us are going to be dropping points

We're dropping points to teams we shouldn't be -- the midtables but in this case the lower table! Combined with the fact that this period is always one where we struggle it's annoying and needs to be eliminated. I don't recall us doing this during Mourinho's first time here. The other teams will drop points fair enough (and have done so to the likes of Villa, Cardiff, etc.) but it seems to be a repeated thing with us here, which really could hinder us if we want to challenge for the title. Always this lacklustre attitude.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully a win against Schalke would minimise any issues and give the squad a morale boost after yesterdays game.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.