Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Who would hire him?

Nobody attributed Chelsea's Champions League win to RDM, which was down to the pre-existing defensive quality of the team and inspired performances from Drogba, and his record at WBA etc is not impressive.

He'd probably manage a job at somewhere like Norwich
    A job is a job I didn't say he should be getting a job at a top club. Palace, Sunderland etc they were all potential jobs, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    If Di Matteo went to Sunderland or Palace he would have been found out. Average coach who was just at the right place at the right time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    No one dived, Ramires was pushed in the back and lost balance, thus going down. It was a good decision to give the penalty, a lot of refs bottle it when it's late in the game.
    I'm a neutral and I'd not seen this until now but this looks like a fairly blatant dive to me, you can see him turn his whole body into the defender when he's expecting contact, why else would he do that if he wasn't looking for the penalty? If he wanted to stay on his feet he would have kept running straight, plus the fact the goal is to the right of him, not the left...

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...hasing-falcao?

Look how hard Sky are trying to link us to Falcao :rofl:

Four Chelsea players playing for Belgium? Nah, must be here to see Falcao :rolleyes:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo F)
    I'm a neutral and I'd not seen this until now but this looks like a fairly blatant dive to me, you can see him turn his whole body into the defender when he's expecting contact, why else would he do that if he wasn't looking for the penalty? If he wanted to stay on his feet he would have kept running straight, plus the fact the goal is to the right of him, not the left...
    The defender run into him, Ramires couldn't have possibly stayed on his feet. Why should Ramires make the effort to try and stay on his feet when the clumsy defender comes colliding into his back? Stupid on the defenders part. Ramires is the last player who tries to go down easily for a penalty.

ReputationRep:
    Ramires is the last player who tries to go down easily for a penalty.
    Ha. Ramires is a diving cheat at the best of times.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loat)
    Ha. Ramires is a diving cheat at the best of times.
    You must be watching a different Ramires.

ReputationRep:
    The defender run into him, Ramires couldn't have possibly stayed on his feet. Why should Ramires make the effort to try and stay on his feet when the clumsy defender comes colliding into his back? Stupid on the defenders part. Ramires is the last player who tries to go down easily for a penalty.
    He runs into the defender, not the other way around.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Don't get it. What you tryna say?

ReputationRep:
    About time you started playing your best defender. Goes by the name of Omeruo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Don't get it. What you tryna say?
    That since 1= number, 2= number therefore 1=2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Look don't talk about the player, talk about this example. Every player is going to get frustrated in games and try and win their team the match in any way possible, but looking at this example you have to accept that he went down to win the penalty.

The defender didnt run into him, he was running in a straight line and Ramires suddenly pulls his whole body back into the defender for no reason other than to get the contact, there is no other reason why he'd do that, it puts him in a worse position in terms of getting a shot on goal away...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    That since 1= number, 2= number therefore 1=2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :wtf:Ay bmt, I'm a bit slow in the head. I have no idea what you're saying. Or are you trolling?

ReputationRep:

Now if only he was disciplined enough to be in the DM role.

ReputationRep:
    Willian scored for Brazil yesterday. At least he's getting some recognition for his performances. He should be starting ahead of Hazard imo. I think he knows when to pass the ball better than Hazard does an Hazard just isn't performing well at the moment. I think he needs to play alongside Mata to get the best out of him.

I know Oscar has been playing well so far, but if Mourinho actually gave Mata the chance we all know he'd be playing as well as, if not better than Oscar through the middle. Yes we shouldn't question Mourinho, but honestly an AMF trio of Willian-Mata-Hazard would have created us more chances and possibly moer goals than Schurrle-Oscar-Hazard,

Schurrle and Oscar are hard-working players, but we have 21 points from 11 games, so it's not like our new "hard-working" style is more effective as Benitez' own way of doing things. I'm sure if Mata and Willian play more, we would definitely create more chances. It might make our defense more vulnerable but our defense has been so-so, so we may as well play more expansively from the start and take risks.

Saying that, like I said before Mourinho doesn't trust our pivot/ central midfield players so he's relying on others to do the dirty defensive work. A deep-lying playmaker plus a combative "attack destroyer" like a Makelele/Mascherano (for Liverpool) would stop us having to make our attackers tracking back

That's my two cents on the whole Mata matter

ReputationRep:
    ^Been linked with so many ****ing midfielders it's doing my head in. If we don't end up signing someone this January...

ReputationRep:
    Is this the thread where we talk about that small London club whose whole stability lies in the back pocket of a thieving Russian? I like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSlayer128)
    Is this the thread where we talk about that small London club whose whole stability lies in the back pocket of a thieving Russian? I like.
    You're an arsenal fan, aren't you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSlayer128)
    Nice try, Zurich!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.