Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    *******s, absolute *******s. He might have got stick for Nepotism but does anyone believe WHU fans would boo their own player getting stretchered off? Ive never ever heard of such a thing.

His dad got the sack along with 'Arry and he decided that this justified spitting in the face of the club and the fans.
    I haven't heard what has happened in this particular match but WHU fans have routinely abused him. In one match there was a 'poster' that took pride in the loss of his mum but you'd be pressed to find it as the TV companies will not display it.

Didn't Lampard wear the WHU shirt once since leaving them for us?

I'm sure they have abused their own players before. Someone ages ago like Mido or someone.

ReputationRep:
    Well after a good result with a team we were not sure about i think the lesson is clear. Don't call the manager crazy and start questioning who he played until after the game. Oh and finally won a league game in November, good job guys

ReputationRep:
    Oscar had 7/8 tackles today, both highest successful and attempted tackles in the game...not bad for an AM...

ReputationRep:
    I think that game showed how beneficial a new DM would be (or even just playing Luiz there), Lampard is so much better playing in a 433, but that formation isn't ideal with the amount of quality AMs we have. And when Lampard is partnered with Ramires in midfield in a 4231, Ramires doesn't provide enough defensive cover for Lampard to have the freedom to play in the box-to-box role he is best at. Mikel does, but him and Lampard are both slow and so don't work well together.

New DM(/Luiz) and Lampard or Mikel and Ramires (or visa versa), would get the best out of both Ramires and Lampard IMO, as they'd have more defensive cover so would let them play a more free box-to-box role which they're both good at.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't catch the game. Was it a 4-3-3 then or a 4-3-2-1? Where was Oscar playing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Couldn't catch the game. Was it a 4-3-3 then or a 4-3-2-1? Where was Oscar playing?
    Was a 433 but both Hazard, and particularly Oscar, played more centrally, in front of Lampard/Ramires. Worked very well, suited the players.

Roughly like this:

Ivanovic---Terry---Cahill---Azpi--
    -------------------Mikel-------------------
    ----------Ramires---Lampard-----
    --------Oscar--------------Hazard--------
    ---------------------Eto'o------------

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Was a 433 but both Hazard, and particularly Oscar, played more centrally, in front of Lampard/Ramires. Worked very well, suited the players.

Roughly like this:

Cheers bro! Sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell City are amazing. If they improve their away form they'll be unstoppable. Wonder how we'll do when we'll play them there.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha spurs are drunk yolooooo :rofl: title contenders my ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)

Roughly like this:

I think that having two holders rather than a front '3' behind Eto'o suited Lampard far better and made us more secure.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell City are amazing. If they improve their away form they'll be unstoppable. Wonder how we'll do when we'll play them there.
    Tbh, we could've beaten Tottenham by 2 or 3 at the lane. Their defence is leaky and there is no purpose to their play. Double up on Townsend and stick someone on Eriksen and they're toothless.

Neither played yesterday and it showed their glaring weaknesses
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You said 4-1-3-2 doesn't work but it worked for City.
    They had good pace though.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho during Interview: 'I sent my wife a picture of my haircut before I got home so I knew she would let me in. She liked it!'

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I don't like Jose as a skinhead. Doesn't go with his incredibly classy dress sense and demeanour.

Here's hoping Torres starts tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    I'm afraid I don't like Jose as a skinhead. Doesn't go with his incredibly classy dress sense and demeanour.

Here's hoping Torres starts tomorrow.
    I think Torres and Mata will get a chance and maybe even KDB coz the others have only had 2 days to recover

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    I think Torres and Mata will get a chance and maybe even KDB coz the others have only had 2 days to recover

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aye, not a very long recovery period at all so I can see a lot of rotation.

Would love Kevin to get a full 90 minutes, or even start and play a good hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Torres has travelled so hopefully he'll make an appearance even if it's not for long, not sure he's completely fit yet after his injury. Luiz is out with a knee injury and hasn't travelled.

Really hope we see KDB too, although I suspect Mourinho might be looking to secure a win so we top the group.

ReputationRep:
    Also I forgot to say from the other day...

I ****ing love Michael Essien. Guy's a legend.

ReputationRep:
    We'll probably play Willian, Mata, Schurrle/ De Bruyne. Dunno why De Bruyne isn't getting games. He's one of Belgium's best players and he plays better than Hazard in the Belgian shirt when I've seen him play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    We'll probably play Willian, Mata, Schurrle/ De Bruyne. Dunno why De Bruyne isn't getting games. He's one of Belgium's best players and he plays better than Hazard in the Belgian shirt when I've seen him play
    Sounds like Mourinho knows KDB was exceptional in the group stages too.

Just has his favourites, I guess. KDB is almost definitely leaving.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.