Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Should play azpi LB and bertrand RB as a new tactic.

Taking a page out of Mancini's book :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fam Negredo is a beast. Just saw his freekick. City are murderers.
    (Original post by 419)
    Taking a page out of Mancini's book :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then play Schurrle up top and play anti-football. Means we can narrow down as much as possible and just hoof up to schurrle when teams attack us and he runs onto balls. :sogood: the beautiful game played.

ReputationRep:
    Romeu started his first game for Valencia in the league in a while. Did quite well I thought.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why but even before the game Southampton never worried me. We are better than them and should beat them. We played well from the 35th minute I say. Oscar and Torres had those first half headers.

Second half could''ve easily been 4-1/5-1. It took us too long to kill the game off as we were cutting them to shreds. I was getting worried that they might have scored although they were hardly any threat. The only time they caused us problems was when we made our own problem. They had no shots on targer after their goal so that's a good 95 minutes.

We were largely untroubled defensively, so all in all good performance.

I'm backing City for the league as they have the best team, but if we keep on picking up points at home and remain solid away, things could get interesting. We need to beat Liverpool (easier with Sturridge out) and Arsenal (classic counter-attacking game) and we should be not far off the top by Christmas. United are 9 points off top at the minute and I can't see them picking up 9 more points than Arsenal, considering they have to go to the Emirates and Stamford Bridge at the back end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    I don't know why but even before the game Southampton never worried me. We are better than them and should beat them. We played well from the 35th minute I say. Oscar and Torres had those first half headers.

Second half could''ve easily been 4-1/5-1. It took us too long to kill the game off as we were cutting them to shreds. I was getting worried that they might have scored although they were hardly any threat. The only time they caused us problems was when we made our own problem. They had no shots on targer after their goal so that's a good 95 minutes.

We were largely untroubled defensively, so all in all good performance.

I'm backing City for the league as they have the best team, but if we keep on picking up points at home and remain solid away, things could get interesting. We need to beat Liverpool (easier with Sturridge out) and Arsenal (classic counter-attacking game) and we should be not far off the top by Christmas. United are 9 points off top at the minute and I can't see them picking up 9 more points than Arsenal, considering they have to go to the Emirates and Stamford Bridge at the back end of the season.
    Agree with what you say.

Still think we'll win the league though. Lamps and ramires did well in that 4-4-2. Jose is the best manager at finding a solution to win a game by far. You can tell that he thinks a lot about things before and during a match.

I think with the way our team is full on top heavy but not the best central midfield in the world, we are best suited to be a reactive team that preys on other teams weaknesses anyway. I think that City are a mixture of the two, while Arsenal are a fully proactive team. I think this is why our fans are pessimistic, as they want to see us impose a game from the start, but we don't have the players for that yet. I think Mourinho was alluding to this earlier on in the season before we beat fulham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)

:rofl: hahahahaa
    I won't be surprised if they lose against Southampton....a real possibility. I really hope they don't sack Mourinho :lol: he is doing a fantastic job at Chelsea!
    He really is doing a good job isn't he? Change of tactics to beat Southampton 3-1. Not bad for such an "idiot"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard the stuff about AVB? Doesn't look like he can take criticism too well tbh. Can't handle the pressure. Shows it bothers him and the media will continue writing negative things about him they don't care.

Glad we don't have to worry anymore though; never was a massive fan of him and his decisions (not all, but a lot) . In fact possibly the only sacking from RA that I can agree with (maybe Tinkerman as well considering who got afterwards!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Anyone heard the stuff about AVB? Doesn't look like he can take criticism too well tbh. Can't handle the pressure. Shows it bothers him and the media will continue writing negative things about him they don't care.

Glad we don't have to worry anymore though; never was a massive fan of him and his decisions. In fact possibly the only sacking from RA that I can agree with (maybe Tinkerman as well considering who got afterwards!)
    At least AVB gave Sturridge n Romeu a chance. If he stayed till the season's end, we would've been out of CL and FA cup but I reckon we would've got 4th place as we would've got 5-8 more league points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    At least AVB gave Sturridge n Romeu a chance. If he stayed till the season's end, we would've been out of CL and FA cup but I reckon we would've got 4th place as we would've got 5-8 more league points
    Yeah the main thing I was happy with was him playing Sturridge more. Then he never got much of a chance :|

ReputationRep:

Glad we don't have to worry anymore though; never was a massive fan of him and his decisions. In fact possibly the only sacking from RA that I can agree with (maybe Tinkerman as well considering who got afterwards!)
    Tbh, AVB is right.

Wenger did the exact same thing last season after losing to bayern and they then went on a run afterwards. I'm happy AVB did this, if you read the article they posted about him, it was ridiculous. He's the youngest manager in premier league history, the youngest manager ever to win a treble and won it in better fashion than how Mourinho did at porto yet they basically devalued his acheivements.

I really liked AVB, wasn't a fan of his decisions at times but he had the right idea in how to bring us forward. If he didn't annoy the players like mourinho did at madrid, he'd have had success now at Chelsea. But really what happened to him at Chelsea can happen to any manager.
    But no-one wins the title with a string of streaky 1-0 victories.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Wednesday.html
    I find this bit the most funny, considering the way united and us won our titles under mourinho/ferguson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    He really is doing a good job isn't he? Change of tactics to beat Southampton 3-1. Not bad for such an "idiot"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's a troll, like with dogswithwings, who flocks onto our thread when we lose(although he said he's going to troll arsenal when they next lose due to their reactions :lol:). Boring tbh. I don't get what people gain from adding vitriolic garbage to the site. Especially since it's not even that good at annoying posters, bar the waste of time in filtering out bad posts on the thread.

ReputationRep:
    good win, nice to see Mata starting and getting an assist. Hope we can win against Sunderland on Wednesday and get some momentum going.

ReputationRep:
    He's a troll, like with dogswithwings, who flocks onto our thread when we lose(although he said he's going to troll arsenal when they next lose due to their reactions :lol:). Boring tbh. I don't get what people gain from adding vitriolic garbage to the site. Especially since it's not even that good at annoying posters, bar the waste of time in filtering out bad posts on the thread.
    Yeah I usually ignore but I just thought I'd rub our win in his face coz if the result was reversed he would have been all over this thread. Yeah I find trolls pretty pointless as well but apparently we gotta take the nonsense coz it's football :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Glad we don't have to worry anymore though; never was a massive fan of him and his decisions (not all, but a lot) . In fact possibly the only sacking from RA that I can agree with (maybe Tinkerman as well considering who got afterwards!)
    The media have become progressively worse over the years. Ashton and Samuel (although Samuel actually makes some decent articles from time to time) posted some ridiculous arguments about him. Almost as if they were ganging up on him and singling him out. You don't see them go through extra lengths to criticize Jol, Alladyce or Hughton . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    The media have become progressively worse over the years. Ashton and Samuel (although Samuel actually makes some decent articles from time to time) posted some ridiculous arguments about him. Almost as if they were ganging up on him and singling him out. You don't see them go through extra lengths to criticize Jol, Alladyce or Hughton . . .
    This, they've been doing it to AVB since he criticized the media in the Chelsea job. People just been lapping it up.

ReputationRep:
    I think Mourinho deserves a lot of credit for the win today, although I'm not wanting to take anything away from the players as they all played well and adapted to formation changes well too. I really think our main problem is our mentality, which was noticeable last season too. We often underestimate sides and, despite still working hard, are almost lazy going forward; we arrive expecting to win and everyone seems to be awaiting a magical moment in front of goal from someone else (think Mata would help with this as he provides these "moments" better than anyone else we have). All our best performances this season have been against tough opposition (Arsenal/Southampton/Spurs/City/Schalke), whilst our worst have been against weaker teams (Basel/West Brom etc.). We just need to install the right mentality, we've got 5 very winnable games before the trip to Arsenal and I think if we can go on a run during this period we'll really get some momentum. Think we can win at Arsenal too; have done well against Arsenal recently and Mourinho's record against Arsene is excellent. Wouldn't be overly surprised to see us settle for a draw though, given our performances at OT and WHL Mourinho seems okay with drawing away against the top teams.

Think Mata made a strong case about featuring more permanently in the side today, although we have 9 games this month so our depth will be essential, reckon we'll see a lot more rotation too.

ReputationRep:
    Also

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Also

:coma:
    Yeah that pass deserved a goal in itself. I'm pretty happy with our second and third goals. Great play in the buildup to those goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)

This, they've been doing it to AVB since he criticized the media in the Chelsea job. People just been lapping it up.
    Yeah fair enough. Idk I guess it's because he's totally inexperienced compared to those guys, and they're trying to get to him because he spent 100m. I think AVB has shot himself in the foot a little bit though, as now the press will be pointing to him cracking under pressure.

ReputationRep:
    I get that, but why didn't moyes get any of this pressure when he got thrashed by City at home too?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.