Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    If we win our next 2 games (Sunderland and Stoke), in the gameweek after, City are at home to Arsenal and we play Crystal Palace at home. By then we should be 1-2 points behind Arsenal hopefully and by the time we get to the Emirates, we'll have a chance to overtake them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    If we win our next 2 games (Sunderland and Stoke), in the gameweek after, City are at home to Arsenal and we play Crystal Palace at home. By then we should be 1-2 points behind Arsenal hopefully and by the time we get to the Emirates, we'll have a chance to overtake them
    What if Arsenal win all their games up to the Chelsea game? Lot of ifs and buts mate. Football is very unpredictable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    What if Arsenal win all their games up to the Chelsea game? Lot of ifs and buts mate. Football is very unpredictable.
    Yeah football is unpredictable and hell we might even lose to Stoke or some other lower team. That doesn't mean we can't make logical predictions though, and given City's home form it makes sense to assume Arsenal will drop points there.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to watch City bang 4-5 past Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Can't wait to watch City bang 4-5 past Arsenal
    Ok :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trrr)
    Rubbish, you need to watch another sport if you really think that.
    Deluded.

ReputationRep:
    Of course there are, but considering Arsenal have to play two genuine contenders (Chelsea and City), while we have just you guys and Liverpool at a stretch, things will look interesting by Christmas day

ReputationRep:
    vs Sunderland
    vs Stoke
    vs Palace
    vs rsenal
    vs Swansea
    vs Liverpool

Decent set of fixtures. Should be expecting 16-18 points from this. Liverpool might be a problem because we can never win against them and there's a habit of ex-players scoring against us, not to mention this time it's someone like Sturridge although if he's out we should be able to win. Stoke always an annoyance too I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Not scared of liverpool without sturridge tbh. Their problems from last season were still apparent, just that sturridge sorted out the problem by his goals. They were literally doing nothing against us until he came on last time, the game before we were in pretty poor form at the time and our strikers were doing terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    vs Sunderland
    vs Stoke
    vs Palace
    vs rsenal
    vs Swansea
    vs Liverpool

Decent set of fixtures. Should be expecting 16-18 points from this. Liverpool might be a problem because we can never win against them and there's a habit of ex-players scoring against us, not to mention this time it's someone like Sturridge although if he's out we should be able to win. Stoke always an annoyance too I guess.
    I've projected Arsenal to get around 21/30 points in next 10 games and for us to get 23/30 points in the next 10 games. Though 1-2 injuries in the Arsenal squad could lower that further.

ReputationRep:
    I get more nervous playing teams we 'should' win against nowadays tbh. Just as people were saying a few pages back, we seem to get complacent/lower our level against teams we should beat, and it seems that our midfield still has some trouble breaking down the 10-men defences that lower positioned teams throw at us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    I get that, but why didn't moyes get any of this pressure when he got thrashed by City at home too?
    Because the media are Man Yoo fans? Where have you been all these years? Even Phil McNumpty has a love in with Moyes and made available a comments section after Utd beat Real Sociedad having won by a single goal that wasn't even scored by them. I'd be championing Everton's progress and you get a free WUM with that anyway: Moyes is now with a team lower down the league so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see Everton finish 4th tbh. It's just question whether they can sustain the momentum to get it, like Arsenal winning the league.

ReputationRep:
    I love Chelsea FC!
    Going to see the Sunderland v Chelsea game tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNA7XRvFDjU

Guessing Dave was starting to annoy him...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    We've struggled at the Stadium of Light over the past few years, and they're always causing upsets. It'll be interesting to see how Mourinho rotates the team. Hopefully Ba starts along with Mikel, both are quality players. Every game up to Christmas will be vital.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Because the media are Man Yoo fans? Where have you been all these years? Even Phil McNumpty has a love in with Moyes and made available a comments section after Utd beat Real Sociedad having won by a single goal that wasn't even scored by them. I'd be championing Everton's progress and you get a free WUM with that anyway: Moyes is now with a team lower down the league so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see Everton finish 4th tbh. It's just question whether they can sustain the momentum to get it, like Arsenal winning the league.
    Hopefully not, may mean lukaku stays there next season.
    But it's a weird race tbh. Top 3 already starting to be set though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    We've struggled at the Stadium of Light over the past few years, and they're always causing upsets. It'll be interesting to see how Mourinho rotates the team. Hopefully Ba starts along with Mikel, both are quality players. Every game up to Christmas will be vital.
    No we haven't. We've beaten them there everytime since they got their most recent promotion 6 years ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Hopefully not, may mean lukaku stays there next season.
    But it's a weird race tbh. Top 3 already starting to be set though.
    City have a tough next 2 months, In December they have West Brom and Southampton away as well as Arsenal and Liverpool at home. In January, they are away to Swansea, Newcastle and Tottenham.

Ours is no blessing either, with a trip to the Emirates as well as a home game against Liverpool (who should be Sturridge-less). By the end of the year, we'll have a better idea of what we;re capable of as everyone has played each other once.

Hopefully, We can get 14/18 in December at least. That will give us 41 points by Christmas. We get a much needed central midfielder or 2 in Christmas and get better form. Not worried about our game at the Etihad, as City will be wary of our counter-attacking threat and we're not as deadbeat as Spurs. Not saying we'll win but I'm sure Mourinho has something planned for the City game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    City have a tough next 2 months, In December they have West Brom and Southampton away as well as Arsenal and Liverpool at home. In January, they are away to Swansea, Newcastle and Tottenham.

Ours is no blessing either, with a trip to the Emirates as well as a home game against Liverpool (who should be Sturridge-less). By the end of the year, we'll have a better idea of what we;re capable of as everyone has played each other once.

Hopefully, We can get 14/18 in December at least. That will give us 41 points by Christmas. We get a much needed central midfielder or 2 in Christmas and get better form. Not worried about our game at the Etihad, as City will be wary of our counter-attacking threat and we're not as deadbeat as Spurs. Not saying we'll win but I'm sure Mourinho has something planned for the City game
    City will dispatch of both Arsenal and Liverpool easily I feel -- although the former will stand a better chance. I think, even though we never win there, we could potentially get a draw this time. Won't be annoyed at all if we lost though, as long as we don't get decimated like United or Spurs (as well as the other two fourth place contenders who'll suffer the same fate).

I'm not sure if we're going to go for a midfielder tbh -- at least not two. A DM maybe (although we'll have to sell Mikel in the summer), but I think he favours Ramires too much to get a central one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    x
    Not sure of City dispatching both Arsenal and Liverpool. City have struggled with Arsenal recently. Drew at the Etihad last year against Arsenal in a fairly even game. Won at the Emirates although Arsenal were playing with 10 men for 80 minutes or so. Same with Liverpool at the Etihad too- City didn't look to convincing in either fixture last year.

Arsenal are a team that go toe to toe with anyone. Most of the times they play City, it's a fairly even game possession wise, while Arsenal always create a fair few chances. I think Arsenal are a team whose style suits playing City. Both teams like to attack so they will inevitably leave space for each other.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.