Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Nice

We conceded really sloppy goals and we should've finished them off. Torres should have scored twice. Ba should have scored too (although he was fouled by John O Shea who should've been off)

We've been keeping on the tails of Arsenal and aren't going away. Hopefully, we get the win at Stoke and then we have Palace at home while Arsenal play City in the same fixture week. Hopefully, by the time we play Arsenal the gap is only a point

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Hazard can keep this up. Whilst he wont be as good as Ronaldo lets hope he reaches Gareth Bale level.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, "We were in complete defensive control the whole time...". Okay Jose, sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Lol, "We were in complete defensive control the whole time...". Okay Jose, sure.
    I'm not quite sure who he's trying to convince there. Mourinho seems to have been trying to deflect from poor performances a hell of a lot this year, aside from the loss at Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    well that was nerve racking, we must start defending better but at least we a still close to Arsenal. On another point thanks to Everton and Spurs the mighty United sit in 9th tonight. I am loving this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    Nice

We conceded really sloppy goals and we should've finished them off. Torres should have scored twice. Ba should have scored too (although he was fouled by John O Shea who should've been off)

We've been keeping on the tails of Arsenal and aren't going away. Hopefully, we get the win at Stoke and then we have Palace at home while Arsenal play City in the same fixture week. Hopefully, by the time we play Arsenal the gap is only a point
    There's also a chance of Everton getting something at Arsenal. That would really make Jagielka's claims that we loaned Lukaku out so he could take points off our main rivals true

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is Jose smoking? "Complete defensive control", Lol totally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    Wtf is Jose smoking? "Complete defensive control", Lol totally.
    Genuinely think he enjoys saying random **** in press conferences. Even a blind man wouldn't call that "complete defensive control"

ReputationRep:
    Heard edin bossed it tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Genuinely think he enjoys saying random **** in press conferences. Even a blind man wouldn't call that "complete defensive control"
    What happen to the Jose with the hockey scoreline comment :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Hopefully Hazard can keep this up. Whilst he wont be as good as Ronaldo lets hope he reaches Gareth Bale level.
    Don't think he's that far off from Bale tbh. He has enough time to turn into one of the best.

ReputationRep:
    More like Ribery than the likes of Bale or Ronaldo tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's a good comparison tbf

ReputationRep:
    Hazard was something else that cross to Lampard for the first goal was unbelievable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Expected. This team can't keep a clean sheet for ****.
    Last year we lost against QPR and drew against bottom half teams. Same this season.
    ****ing hell, you're just here to spread negativity on this thread.
    Wait until the whole match before you make an opinion, otherwise it just looks embarrassing when you have egg on your face.

ReputationRep:
    Will Oscar be back (and starting) at the weekend or do I need to transfer him out of my fantasy football team?

ReputationRep:
    We Need Lukaku back home for next year. I hope something idiotic doesn't happen again.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and with eden, while mata's a great player and been our best player the past 2 seasons, I always thought that eden had more potential than he did, thought if he bedded in for a season, he'd be on fire this season, he's doing it quietly,

Oh, and that's united pretty much out of the title race, if it wasn't confirmed already. They can still make 3rd, but it's gonna be next to impossible for that to be at the expense of us or arsenal points wise. I've done it in FM before though with 15 point gaps so maybe that'll give em hope. :lol:

I don't get the reactions after the basel game either, may be arrogance on my part, but we remember what happened last time we lost to them, we went on a good run, same thing going here. 3 games won in a row, that puts you out of the top 4 pressure race with ease with the dynamics of this league

Also **** me luis suarez gets a hard on when he faces norwich, playing like he wants to play for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    I think he can be as good as ronaldo, while Fergie developed him to be that complete beast, Mourinho was the guy who managed to get that consistency out of ronaldo, just look at his goalscoring record pre 2010 and right now.

If hazard gets that consistency for a whole season, god damn. Bale level is almost turning into ronaldo level recently, I feel that theres gonna be a shift in paradigm and the new players will be challenging messi and ronaldo soon. Suarez obviously the first challenger if he stops getting banned for a quarter of the season.

ReputationRep:
    I actually understand what Jose is saying about how we played well. First off, 2 of Sunderland's goals were from corners. The ball bobbled in the box quite a bit and luckily fell to a Sunderland player. This happens in 1 in 3/4 games in general. For it to happen twice in the same game, you must be really unlucky to be on the receiving end of it.

Even their first goal was a free kick which rebounded to Altidore who was in the right place at the right time. Not saying that we were completely blameless, but from set-pieces, you can't always blame the defenders. If defenders were always clearing up set pieces, then people would say that the strikers are terrible. You just can't win on either side.

From general open play, Sunderland were not really threatening us. Torres should have put the game to bed for us. He was in on goal twice. O Shea should have been sent off for being the last man when Demba Ba was through on goal.

While conceding 3 is not great, it's good to see that we're not having problems creating chances and scoring goals. Hopefully we can put a few past Stoke and then we have an almost nailed-on 3 pointer against Palace (hope I don't regret this mind). Pressure's on Arsenal

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.