Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho: 'Schurrle came off because he had a calf injury. He told me he couldn't continue.' #CFC

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, hazard has been pretty good, think he needs to be more selfish though and take a shot or two, we can't rely on our strikers to finish so we might as well get them to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Learn to read things in context.

Read the first thing I said, then read the second thing under that line, then put 2 and 2 together and see what I meant. If not, then stop posting.
    You are implying we can only gloat if beat the tough teams, suggesting Everton are a tough team. I am implying that it doesn't matter if we lose, we still reserve the right to gloat, because we are top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeejay)
    You are implying we can only gloat if beat the tough teams, suggesting Everton are a tough team. I am implying that it doesn't matter if we lose, we still reserve the right to gloat, because we are top.
    No, I said that wait until you've gone through all those other fixtures firstly In answer to him talking about the november crumble, I said that when they've faced all the bigger teams.

I said wait till tomorrow before you start gloating, because if you win you'll be pretty clear at the top and still be first after the tough fixtures, but if you suffer an embarrassing defeat tomorrow, you wouldn't be gloating about still being top. But in general I'm saying wait until you've gone through most of the tough games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    No, I said that wait until you've gone through all those other fixtures firstly In answer to him talking about the november crumble, I said that when they've faced all the bigger teams.

I said wait till tomorrow before you start gloating, because if you win you'll be pretty clear at the top and still be first after the tough fixtures, but if you suffer an embarrassing defeat tomorrow, you wouldn't be gloating about still being top. But in general I'm saying wait until you've gone through most of the tough games.
    your comprehension skills are dire

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25282858
    Mourinho's post match interview

Interesting how he comments on the goal being scored "not by a striker", perhaps he sees it as an issue that needs addressing in January?

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho's post match interview felt uncomfortable tbh. Seems a bit weird for some reason. Has Madrid zapped some life out of him or something?

--

Not sure what to think now. It's evident there are problems with the team. I just find it laughable though -- how can our squad be worth so much yet we're ridiculously unbalanced everywhere? Strikers non-existent, overloaded in AMs but even then we don't make chances with them, the central midfield is poor, defensive midfield is horrible, and now we might need an extra CB or LB next year? Really? We're just going to spend another 150m...?

****ing hell. And there's more talk about transition. What kind of transition are we in? Don't even know anymore. We've been hearing this since the Ancelotti era -- and there were some people who thought last season was the end of our 'transition' (which I believe too).

Do we need to overhaul a larger part of the team? This is just embarrassing really.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=The Assassin;45453779]Mourinho's post match interview felt uncomfortable tbh. Seems a bit weird for some reason. Has Madrid zapped some life out of him or something?

--

We've needed a striker for 3 years now. Don't think we're getting one any time soon.
    Why did we sell Alex?
    Cech has turned to absolute crap, he's playing with the frame of mind of Torres - 'if I can't save it let me just stick out a hand' or '**** it i can't clear a corner so let me run out of my goal and let them slot one in'
    Same old game from Chelsea, can't adapt away from home.
    Watch the team make a mess of the Crystal Palace game and make it an extremely hard win by conceding a couple.
    Cech really needs to fix up - Jose needs to drop him for 1-2 games to show him that he's not invulnerable.
    Will we be getting a god damn striker any time soon? Most likely no.
    Will we be calling back Lukaku any time soon? Most definitely not.
    All we need is a Striker who can do the job, no point looking for a gem worth 50 million.

ReputationRep:
    Missed the beginning of the 2nd half so just watched the game on MOTD now. Couldn't Cech have at least made full stretched dive just to try and save that 2nd goal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Missed the beginning of the 2nd half so just watched the game on MOTD now. Couldn't Cech have at least made full stretched dive just to try and save that 2nd goal?
    Yeah for the the first he just comes out flapping and the second he just watches the ball. Been a bit off-form right now tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Fun fact: No Chelsea striker has scored away in the PL in 2013.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Chelsea and strikers don't exist. Feels horrible when you see Liverpool/Arsenal/City/United having strikers who always score.

ReputationRep:
    Let's get Anelka from West Brom

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what to think now. It's evident there are problems with the team. I just find it laughable though -- how can our squad be worth so much yet we're ridiculously unbalanced everywhere? Strikers non-existent, overloaded in AMs but even then we don't make chances with them, the central midfield is poor, defensive midfield is horrible, and now we might need an extra CB or LB next year? Really? We're just going to spend another 150m...?

****ing hell. And there's more talk about transition. What kind of transition are we in? Don't even know anymore. We've been hearing this since the Ancelotti era -- and there were some people who thought last season was the end of our 'transition' (which I believe too).

Do we need to overhaul a larger part of the team? This is just embarrassing really.
    I don't think so. An inform striker and improvements in central midfield would give us a massive boost IMO, even if it may be just papering over the cracks. CB and LB will need revamping, but both can wait until at least the summer tbf. I thought we've looked good and creative going forwards in the last couple of games, but as I said earlier there's no one putting away those chances/half chances. Honestly think we'd be smashing the league right now if we'd bought Cavani/Falcao over the summer - we certainly would have been up 2/3 goals by half time today if we actually had a prolific goalscorer up front.

(Original post by cleveradam)
    We've needed a striker for 3 years now. Don't think we're getting one any time soon.
    Why did we sell Alex?
    Cech has turned to absolute crap, he's playing with the frame of mind of Torres - 'if I can't save it let me just stick out a hand' or '**** it i can't clear a corner so let me run out of my goal and let them slot one in'
    Same old game from Chelsea, can't adapt away from home.
    Watch the team make a mess of the Crystal Palace game and make it an extremely hard win by conceding a couple.
    Cech really needs to fix up - Jose needs to drop him for 1-2 games to show him that he's not invulnerable.
    Will we be getting a god damn striker any time soon? Most likely no.
    Will we be calling back Lukaku any time soon? Most definitely not.
    All we need is a Striker who can do the job, no point looking for a gem worth 50 million.
    Cech is just off form, a few bad performances doesn't make him "absolute crap". Do agree it might be worth giving Schwarzer a shot in the first team though.

If we're just going to buy a striker who can do the job we might as well just use Lukaku; at least that way we could possibly develop him into a top striker. It pains me to say it as I don't particularly enjoy the club just throwing money at its problems but I think if we're going to buy a striker we should splash the cash and get someone special, not just buy Martinez or someone for the sake of it (unless of course Mourinho is convinced by him). Ba was basically a signing like this and look how he's turned out.

ReputationRep:
    Where is Fernando Torres:lol:?

ReputationRep:
    not a good result, need to work on defending. However at least we are third after losing a game. Not like a certain Manchester side.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    You do realise that's Osvaldo vs City, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    You do realise that's Osvaldo vs City, right?
    Haaa! He thinks it's Hazard! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Haaa! He thinks it's Hazard! :awesome:
    It's even called 'osvaldo.gif' ffs :rofl:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.