Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    It's even called 'osvaldo.gif' ffs :rofl:
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    I don't think so. An inform striker and improvements in central midfield would give us a massive boost IMO, even if it may be just papering over the cracks. CB and LB will need revamping, but both can wait until at least the summer tbf. I thought we've looked good and creative going forwards in the last couple of games, but as I said earlier there's no one putting away those chances/half chances. Honestly think we'd be smashing the league right now if we'd bought Cavani/Falcao over the summer - we certainly would have been up 2/3 goals by half time today if we actually had a prolific goalscorer up front.

Cech is just off form, a few bad performances doesn't make him "absolute crap". Do agree it might be worth giving Schwarzer a shot in the first team though.

If we're just going to buy a striker who can do the job we might as well just use Lukaku; at least that way we could possibly develop him into a top striker. It pains me to say it as I don't particularly enjoy the club just throwing money at its problems but I think if we're going to buy a striker we should splash the cash and get someone special, not just buy Martinez or someone for the sake of it (unless of course Mourinho is convinced by him). Ba was basically a signing like this and look how he's turned out.
    Yes agreed. Desperately. We would easily kill games off if we had the likes of Falcao to finish off those chances meaning we wouldn't concede as much. However Mourinho's comments suggest that he's looking at an option in January. This is not really a good idea if we're looking to get someone good because 1) We'll be charged soooo much 2) Who could we get who's actually really good (rather than just better)?

Need a DLP of some sort and a destroyer/one who can disrupt attacks in the centre of midfield.

Not sure about our defence though? In the last 3 games combined we conceded 7 shots in total on target all of which resulted in a goal. And 6 goals came from relegation fodder teams!

So we're good enough to stop goals on target, but when they do happen, they're always a goal? ****. What do we need to improve on then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Yes agreed. Desperately. We would easily kill games off if we had the likes of Falcao to finish off those chances meaning we wouldn't concede as much. However Mourinho's comments suggest that he's looking at an option in January. This is not really a good idea if we're looking to get someone good because 1) We'll be charged soooo much 2) Who could we get who's actually really good (rather than just better)?

Need a DLP of some sort and a destroyer/one who can disrupt attacks in the centre of midfield.

Not sure about our defence though? In the last 3 games combined we conceded 7 shots in total on target all of which resulted in a goal. And 6 goals came from relegation fodder teams!

So we're good enough to stop goals on target, but when they do happen, they're always a goal? ****. What do we need to improve on then?
    Blame the keeper or luck. Latter seems more plausible

We're definitely buying a central midfielder in January. Mata has been playing well so he should keep his place. I knew Schurrle had a decent long shot so it's good to have that selection dilemma

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure we're getting a midfielder in january. Just read this.

"We don't score enough goals for the football we play."When asked what the differences were between his previous Chelsea team and the current squad, he said: "A few! A few very important differences.
    "But I have to try and get the best out of the squad I have. I see a big evolution in some players - pressing high, recovering balls, playing fast, mobility in the three players behind the striker. In my opinion, we are playing some very good football... and we concede some goals that we shouldn't."
    He's right here tbh. We should have won against stoke the way we played, it was very undeserved their win. We let them get back into the game and then they stopped even trying to win the game, they just got some ridiculous goals to poor refereeing and bad individual errors.

I can't really blame mourinho for that defeat, can do that for the games against basel, or for the game against newcastle. But we were just jammed for this match.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just glad I had a night out last night giving me an excuse to get smashed and forget about that **** performance.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone off to the game Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea vs Everton I'm calling it. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Turns out to be Derby vs Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    I always laugh when people say 'chelsea will get an easy draw, but united and arsenal will get a tough one!!!!'

Every year..

Then..

Arsenal - spurs
    United - Swansea

And

Chelsea - Derby..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    I always laugh when people say 'chelsea will get an easy draw, but united and arsenal will get a tough one!!!!'

Every year..

Then..

Arsenal - spurs
    United - Swansea

And

Chelsea - Derby..
    Derby are probs the hardest non PL team to draw at the moment to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    Derby are in good form indeed but if we play well, they won't do ****.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal drop points, as predicted. 5 points difference is slightly better than 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well at least the title contenders dropped points this weekend!

Chelsea forever unpredictable :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Drawn Derby. They're doing quite well with McClaren there but I will be disappointed if we don't win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
    Chelsea forever unpredictable :moon:
    Now imagine supporting LFC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    Now imagine supporting LFC.
    Yeah it must suck I imagine :console: but with Suarez on terrific form, I wouldn't worry...

with Chelsea, we don't have that golden guy to get us goal a game/2 games :/ and our strikers haven't scored in away games this calendar year :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Kos completely bossed Lukaku. Didn't expect that tbh. Although... their defence did contain Suarez/Lewandowski quite well.

ReputationRep:
    "Dan Levene [email protected]
    Chelsea story coming here later this evening that will be making headlines tomorrow. Don't say I didn't warn you…"

**** :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Chelsea story coming here later this evening that will be making headlines tomorrow. Don't say I didn't warn you…"

errr............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)

De bruyne probably going to get loaned out or something.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.