Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Tbh we need a striker and need to flog off all the other strikers we currently have. Demba Ba doesn't mind being a backup, that's what we got him for and 3 strikers should be the optimum amount of strikers we have.

Lukaku can play 60-30 each game with the new striker we get.
    Here's my theory.
    United don't qualify for Champions League. Barcelona need a proper striker, so they go after Rooney, who United are forced to sell between 20-25 million as his contract will expire by the next summer.
    Suarez is carrying Liverpool heavily, and so he wants to leave after 3.5 years of service so he joins Real Madrid for a fee of around £55 million.
    Because Real Madrid have their man, Benzema is no longer first choice and as his Real Madrid contract expires the summer after. He then returns under Mourinho management and is bought by Chelsea for around 20-25 million.

Better yet, we go for Rooney, but at least Benzema's younger and I think he'd work with our team well (although Rooney would too).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    Here's my theory.
    United don't qualify for Champions League. Barcelona need a proper striker, so they go after Rooney, who United are forced to sell between 20-25 million as his contract will expire by the next summer.
    Suarez is carrying Liverpool heavily, and so he wants to leave after 3.5 years of service so he joins Real Madrid for a fee of around £55 million.
    Because Real Madrid have their man, Benzema is no longer first choice and as his Real Madrid contract expires the summer after. He then returns under Mourinho management and is bought by Chelsea for around 20-25 million.

Better yet, we go for Rooney, but at least Benzema's younger and I think he'd work with our team well (although Rooney would too).
    Yeah, I thought of a similar theory.

Mine was that only one of United or Liverpool will qualify for CL, if United don't, that means that we can get our pick of Rooney, we know that mourinho is a fan of him and he's in his last year.

If liverpool don't qualify for CL like you say he's madrid bound, which then means that we can get benzema as Suarez will most likely start with morata/ronaldo/jese as their backup in the striker position.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say signing Benzema would be a priority, Rooney has been carrying United through this season and if we can pick him up after United fail to get top 4, Chelsea will be unstoppable.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-000-week.html

ReputationRep:
    One can tell it's a slow news day when this constitutes 'news', even for the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    But srsly, poundland?

ReputationRep:
    Juve out of the CL. Didn't see that coming. Wish we were the ones to do that though. Takes out a good team from the competition so obviously increases our chances of winning it. Credit to mancini though, seeing as they were whipped twice by real.

ReputationRep:
    Rubentus have been knocked out lmao. This could potentially mean any of the three things:

a) Drogba knocks Arsenal out of the CL
    b) Drogba knocks us out of the CL
    c) We have a greater chance of getting Pogba know that he's out of the CL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    One can tell it's a slow news day when this constitutes 'news', even for the Daily Mail.
    I remember when one of the newspapers was 'outraged' that Michael Ballack only lived in rented accommodation and said buying a house was not worth it. It made decent economic sense at the time but the particular newspaper (I forget who it was) felt Ballack should be obliged to splash the cash because of how much he earned while with us. Not too long afterwards we had the sub-prime mortgage crisis in the USA, and the British economy taking its turn for a nose dive akin to a Kappa curve.

Meanwhile, if you splash the cash too much, you will also get ripped for it. "Oh my goodness, this footballer has bought himself a Ferrari!!1!1" At least I would suggest he could have done better and get the Audi R8 instead or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Rubentus have been knocked out lmao. This could potentially mean any of the three things:

a) Drogba knocks Arsenal out of the CL
    b) Drogba knocks us out of the CL
    c) We have a greater chance of getting Pogba know that he's out of the CL
    c is unlikely now. He's cup tied in jan and they're much more likely to get in the competition next season than we are.
    Most likely a will happen.

ReputationRep:
    No KDB again.. bah

ReputationRep:
    Schwarzer instead of Cech, interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, it's:

Schwarzer
    Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
    Lampard- Mikel
    Willian-Oscar- Hazard
    Ba

ReputationRep:
    We have the best defensive record in the CL this season so far. Not a bad stat.

ReputationRep:
    Mikel pretty poor so far. DM is the the easiest job in the world against a team like this, don't know what he's doing.

ReputationRep:
    Mikel is doing so badly.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, poor from him so far. Shouldn't be giving the ball as much as we are.

ReputationRep:
    We really can't kill games off early. It's a shame

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mikel is playing atrocious as usual. He never pulls a big performance against a half-decent team.

ReputationRep:
    We're not doing great despite this being a bad side

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.