Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Arsenal will roll over this fragile defense with ease if this is how each game is going to be.
    No surprise Stamford Bridge is silent as hell.
    I suppose you have forgotten about when we dominated Arsenal at the Emirates in October?

Stop being so fickle.

ReputationRep:
    How is it still 2-1 jesus

ReputationRep:
    **** OFF Ramires

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, on track for being top on christmas day.
    Hopefully we can beat arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Not convinced at all.

ReputationRep:
    2 points behind Arsenal- job done.

ReputationRep:
    3 points today, 2 off the top.

Could be worse. We're playing poorly, yes, but we're still fighting, whereas for the past 3 seasons we would have withered away and fallen about 10 points behind by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Not convinced at all.
    Tbh Arsenal is a completely different game. Arsenal are going to be on the front foot, so our chances will come on the break. It's how we pretty much always play against them. It'll be interesting but I think Arsenal's style of play falls into our hands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    3 points today, 2 off the top.

Could be worse. We're playing poorly, yes, but we're still fighting, whereas for the past 3 seasons we would have withered away and fallen about 10 points behind by now.
    Team is due a good performance, hopefully it's at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    Tbh Arsenal is a completely different game. Arsenal are going to be on the front foot, so our chances will come on the break. It's how we pretty much always play against them. It'll be interesting but I think Arsenal's style of play falls into our hands
    This is why - as an Arsenal fan - I hate playing Chelsea, and especially a Mourinho led Chelsea. You're just going to counter the hell out of us.

ReputationRep:
    Wan't convincing at time but glad we got the 3 points. John Terry got Man of the match probably for that goal line save but I thought Willian was the best Chelsea player on the pitch today.

ReputationRep:
    Got the result in the end.

Tbf I'm not overly worried at this stage, we're playing **** but are still only 2 points off Arsenal who are in the form of their lives. This team is capable of playing a lot better than it currently is so when we eventually find our form we'll be fine. Think we can win next week too, Kos is almost certainly injured, Wilshere is banned and we always up our game against big clubs, particularly Arsenal. Plus Mourinho's record against Wenger speaks for itself. More worried about City.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure we can handle arsenal, we have a good record against them but I just don't know why we're not playing at our highest potential....
    Hazard....couple of tricks.... pass..why can't he run at defenders!

It's too early to call it but City are favourites for the title at this stage...I'd settle for a draw at the etihad

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I think we at least have a chance against Arsenal. Our weakness seems to be that we can't dominate lesser sides, but we still seem to be decent when it comes to counter-attacking better sides.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was so bored by our performance I actually fell asleep for at least 40 minutes of the game... Did see all the goals though, and some Ramires misses as usual :pierre: 3 points is all that matters though. The amount of game I did see featured a Michael Essien that rolled back the years somewhat and beasted things :dice:

Wish De Bruyne would get a chance in central midfield already, really think he'd impress there. Still not convinced he's set to leave in January, maybe on loan, but I can't imagine us selling him. If we are going to sell him do it AFTER a loan spell where he's played and impressed the **** out of everyone, so we actually get a decent amount of cash for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Got the result in the end.

Tbf I'm not overly worried at this stage, we're playing **** but are still only 2 points off Arsenal who are in the form of their lives. This team is capable of playing a lot better than it currently is so when we eventually find our form we'll be fine. Think we can win next week too, Kos is almost certainly injured, Wilshere is banned and we always up our game against big clubs, particularly Arsenal. Plus Mourinho's record against Wenger speaks for itself. More worried about City.
    Also Ozil will be sulking after getting a good telling off from Mertesecker
    Okay he'll probably be over it but hopefully it creates some tension

ReputationRep:
    We were awful defensively today. I really we should always play a DM in the hole between the CBs or we should resurrect the Ivan-Luiz partnership that was statistically our best CB partnership last season.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Also Ozil will be sulking after getting a good telling off from Mertesecker
    Okay he'll probably be over it but hopefully it creates some tension
    What an awful almost evil thing to say, not even football wise but as a human being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    What an awful almost evil thing to say, not even football wise but as a human being.
    Wat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    In what way is it awful/evil? Seriously confused

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.