Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go to that match if it kills me and if Drogba scores I'm going to give him a standing ovation.

ReputationRep:
    Drogba will score 3-4 goals in the 2 legs. Cech can't keep a clean sheet for his life and the defense has been horrific.
    When was the last clean sheet?

Happy Drogba is back though, a hat-trick from Drogba but Chelsea winning 4-3 would be a dream result.

ReputationRep:
    What is it with ex-Chelsea this week? Clarke, AVB & Franco all gone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
    You getting tickets to the home leg? If so, do you know roughly when the ticket sales begin?
    Won't be until mid-January at the earliest.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone gets a chance to the away leg ... beg, steal or borrow to get yourself there. Istanbul is one of the most amazing cities in the world and you'll never see an atmosphere anywhere in Europe quite like at Galatasaray. It was a mind-blowing experience when we played there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Won't be until mid-January at the earliest.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:

Someone posted it on FB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

Someone posted it on FB
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    :cry:
    Football vids can make me tear up more then most other kinds of videos, all that passion. (no homo)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not watching that video before my brother thinks I've got PMS.

ReputationRep:
    That's a great great vid. Thanks for the link :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Lovely vid. That kid Feroze makes sick CFC videos, subscribe to him if you haven't.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

Someone posted it on FB
    Made me cry too :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea set sights on Internazionale midfielder Fredy Guarín for £15m

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...uarin-transfer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Chelsea set sights on Internazionale midfielder Fredy Guarín for £15m

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...uarin-transfer
    Inconsistent, but would easily sort out our midfield problem if he were to come. If we get in Kurt Zouma, that'll be great too, we'll have a good young CB that can come in for the future, Omeruo and Kalas can also challenge for a spot if need be, although I doubt they'll make it at Chelsea if we're aiming for Zouma.

:dice: :dice: :dice: and if we get Guarin he's available for CL as well. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    As much as I love Drogba and what he did for us in his 8 years, we should do what United did when Becks came back to Old Trafford. Cheer him when he comes on or his name is announced, but any touch of the ball should be met with a boo. We should really rough him up as much as possible in Istanbul, so he knows what to expect at the Bridge. I love Drogba to bits and will cheer him after the tie, but no way is he getting in between us and the quarter finals

ReputationRep:
    No thanks to Guarin.

ReputationRep:
    Zouma is extremely overrated. He isn't any special at all. I'm sooooo baffled about all the hype about him- everyone swears he's going to be a beast of a cb/DM heck des champs says a certainly a future French captain. But I haven't seen it in and I must've seen at least a dozen of games he's played in for France u20s and st etienne.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    As much as I love Drogba and what he did for us in his 8 years, we should do what United did when Becks came back to Old Trafford. Cheer him when he comes on or his name is announced, but any touch of the ball should be met with a boo. We should really rough him up as much as possible in Istanbul, so he knows what to expect at the Bridge. I love Drogba to bits and will cheer him after the tie, but no way is he getting in between us and the quarter finals
    I can't help but feel that Drogba is a player who has performed in front of every hostile crowd going - is this really likely to affect him that much? And do we really perceive Galatasaray as that much of a threat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbf with Zouma, I've only heard things that managers have said and FM. He'd still be an interesting guy to have, heck Savic is beasting it at Fiorentina, so there's definitely scope for improvement for Zouma if he isn't ready yet.

Guarin is exactly who we need. If we can get consistency out of him he'd be a world class player. He's not helped by the ****ty inter players that play next to him.
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I can't help but feel that Drogba is a player who has performed in front of every hostile crowd going - is this really likely to affect him that much? And do we really perceive Galatasaray as that much of a threat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're an interesting team. See the match against real last year. They're full of deadweights who can turn it on and roll back the years in a matter of seconds. Take Madrid being 1-0 up against galatasaray in the second leg and 4-0 on aggregate in the quarter finals, drogba and sneijder then turn it on and in the space of 20mins are now 3-1 up and back in the tie.

Galatasaray shouldn't be underestimated when you have players like sneijder and drogba, not to mention Yilmaz did well in the CL last season. Mancini's european record leaves a lot to be desired though, so we should win comfortably if we raise our game, but they're probably inbetween the strength of Everton/liverpool.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.