Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/s...03334458892288

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous. FA are an embarrassment to football.
    great decision, was never a foul imo. he had his eyes on the ball from what i can remember - accidents happen in football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyinBallsack)
    great decision, was never a foul imo. he had his eyes on the ball from what i can remember - accidents happen in football
    Just give it up pal, you're not even good at this.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/s...03334458892288

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous. FA are an embarrassment to football.
    I agree. I think there were several factors that got him off lightly. Luiz admitted yesterday that Aguero meant him no harm, and was just caught up in a moment of anger. Also if you look at the footage it appeared that Luiz elbowed him first, and I think Aguero kicked him in retaliation.

It was still malicious though, and even given all these reasons he should be getting a one match ban at the very least.

ReputationRep:
    -repping me out of fury then +repping each other for moral support loool, yeh u mad..

aguero is a baws for that, dont care what anyone says

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I agree. I think there were several factors that got him off lightly. Luiz admitted yesterday that Aguero meant him no harm, and was just caught up in a moment of anger. Also if you look at the footage it appeared that Luiz elbowed him first, and I think Aguero kicked him in retaliation.

It was still malicious though, and even given all these reasons he should be getting a one match ban at the very least.
    Yeah I agree, although Luiz' elbow wasn't really anything particularly shocking from what I've seen IMO, he just kind of sticks it backwards into Aguero's chest as he hassled Luiz for the ball, evidently was enough to provoke him though so maybe it was more vicious than it looked as this seemed pretty out of character for Aguero.

But this may work in our favour, Luiz wasn't injured and Aguero will be able to play against Spurs which is definitely something we want.

https://twitter.com/honigstein/statu...17691712479232
    Schürrle update. Chelsea have now submitted a second, improved offer (€22m + bonus) in case De Bruyne opts out. Ball in Leverkusen's court.
    So apparently we've offered Leverkusen another deal for Schürrle, one without KDB which I personally would much prefer. Don't really know much about Schürrle, we seem pretty keen on him though so he must be decent enough. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    -repping me out of fury then +repping each other for moral support loool, yeh u mad..

aguero is a baws for that, dont care what anyone says
    I'm not that mad. At least I've never:

a) Used the word 'boss' in a non-ironic context.
    b) Spelt it 'baws'.

Thus, I'm reasonably content.

ReputationRep:
    I think we've potentially dodged a bullet in losing to city as we'd have had to play another game in a tight schedule. We've shown that we can outplay all teams if we are motivated enough.

We should be good for next season and challenge for the title(75-85 points I feel), need a DLP/BBM who can dictate tempo and has a lot of strength to him, ramires being shoved off the ball by toure was painful to watch. It reminded me of drogba vs armand traore. Another winger would be nice I'd like to see schurle here personally and marin out the other way and us go for nemanja matic again as he'll clearly fit the role we're looking for in CM. I'm not going to say mikel out because he had a bad game as in some games he's very useful. If romeu comes in next season and shines under the new manager however I'd like to see mikel out with essien staying.

Lampard obviously isn't going to be here next season but that was kinda obvious by mid december when cole was offered a contract and lampard wasn't. Still think we have a class left back in bertrand too but I don't think we need lampard anymore personally he's a hard person to fit. Think he'd have been much better this season if he was playing next to romeu who can dictate play very well from deep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I think we've potentially dodged a bullet in losing to city as we'd have had to play another game in a tight schedule.
    keep telling urself that, whatever makes u happy lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukea22)
    Thank you I appreciate this so much. How you feeling today about yesterdays result?
    clear penalty denied but at least Ba's goal was awesome

ReputationRep:
    Stronger and stronger reports coming in that we're going to get Schurrle. Don't know much about him, stats say 14 goals and 7 assists in 49 apps (9 as sub). Not bad for a winger but he does take an awful lot of shots to get those goals (he took 154 shots meaning he scores about 1 in every 11 attempts). Not necessarily a good way to evaluate finishing but it certainly at least suggests that he is quite wasteful (Hazard for instance manages to score 1 goal per 7 attempts, Mata, Oscar and Lampard all 1 in 6 etc)

Wouldn't mind having him as a squad player, certainly should be an upgrade on Marin/Benayoun.

Much much more important is clearly our central midfield, been a problem for a long time now. The only plus point I see to Lampard leaving is that SURELY it means we're going to make serious investment in CM. Imo if we bring in Jose we immediately gain the ability to be more ballsy in our attempts to sign players you don't expect us to be able to sign, because so many players want to play under him. Vidal would be ****ing amazing but obviously exceptionally unlikely, unless they want to cash in and use Pogba more.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. A new CM is clearly needed. I would hate to see Mikel and ramires in midfield next season personally and it's pathetic that is our best pairing. Next season we should get schurle and hopefully play de bruyne or use a CM. It's kind of annoying that we're potentially going to use two promising belgian signings as a way of getting big money signings. We did that with david luiz and we lost a player who clearly would solve our CM problem.

Oh and who's with me that terry should be starting? I really think that the luiz ivan partnership isn't as good as people say it is. Luiz is great but has brain farts and ivan can't organise a back 4 as he's nowhere near vocal enough. Terry should play with luiz with luiz covering his lack of pace.

One thing I also noticed about luiz(maybe it's partially to do with his role as a cover/stopper) that more likely than not he'll step out of the defensive line to try and get a player via a challenge. It's great when it comes off(napoli second leg) but it's a bit hollywood style and any team with decent passing ability and link up play can exploit an offside trap this way(club world cup final) however when our team clearly has momentum his style can work very well, in the second half his willingness to get the ball forward gets the play going faster better than anyone else on the team. Cahill seems to be better at covering than luiz is as well due to the fact that he's much less rash. While he's not as good a tackler when stepping up he's better at making terry/cole like interceptions at the post or before a team fires a shot(arsenal match, tottenham match last season) I don't think I've seen luiz do many/any of these this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah. A new CM is clearly needed. I would hate to see Mikel and ramires in midfield next season personally and it's pathetic that is our best pairing. Next season we should get schurle and hopefully play de bruyne or use a CM. It's kind of annoying that we're potentially going to use two promising belgian signings as a way of getting big money signings. We did that with david luiz and we lost a player who clearly would solve our CM problem.

Oh and who's with me that terry should be starting? I really think that the luiz ivan partnership isn't as good as people say it is. Luiz is great but has brain farts and ivan can't organise a back 4 as he's nowhere near vocal enough. Terry should play with luiz with luiz covering his lack of pace.

One thing I also noticed about luiz(maybe it's partially to do with his role as a cover/stopper) that more likely than not he'll step out of the defensive line to try and get a player via a challenge. It's great when it comes off(napoli second leg) but it's a bit hollywood style and any team with decent passing ability and link up play can exploit an offside trap this way(club world cup final) however when our team clearly has momentum his style can work very well, in the second half his willingness to get the ball forward gets the play going faster better than anyone else on the team. Cahill seems to be better at covering than luiz is as well due to the fact that he's much less rash. While he's not as good a tackler when stepping up he's better at making terry/cole like interceptions at the post or before a team fires a shot(arsenal match, tottenham match last season) I don't think I've seen luiz do many/any of these this season.
    Have to agree with this commnication is a big thing for a cb partnership and I feel Ivanovic lacks that attribute. But do feel he has other good defensive qualities. Don't think Cahill is good enough to start for you guys personally and Terry and Luiz would be the preferred partnership.

Chelsea are crying out for a deep lying playmaker to play next to mikel. But who is really available in that position who would be top class?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If Terry was even vaguely at his best I would agree, but frankly he's been pretty ****. Ivan and Luiz work very well together imo and only looked weak the other day because of our embarrassing midfield.

ReputationRep:
    terry's been ****. But should we look at it in context.

Whenever he starts, he's playing in a substandard team in the europa league, having the likes of benayoun, marin in front of him, which means he's naturally under more pressure than he would normally be under, hence way more liable to defensive mistakes. Fair enough, it's best to judge him if he's playing a game with a full strength squad and not a half arsed rotation squad where the players don't know each other much or just aren't chelsea quality.

It wasn't just because of the midfield with the back 4. While ramires and mikel clearly didn't help their cause I'd blame the first goal on luiz as much as ramires who should have got back quicker to stop aguero from getting into such a clear position as there was a gaping hole, ivan had tevez so luiz didn't need to go there when he could have just got to aguero. The people who let toure run 50 yards, oscar and mata at fault here. But the key pass was to aguero who had so much space in the penalty area which was luiz's fault. At least if he was going for aguero he should have told him.

If you watch the first goal you can see that luiz didn't even have aguero in his vision. With the second goal that's clearly ivanovic's fault for losing his man and while mata and oscar should have tried harder to close barry down ivanovic shouldn't have let aguero beat him so easily with a change of pace.
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Have to agree with this commnication is a big thing for a cb partnership and I feel Ivanovic lacks that attribute. But do feel he has other good defensive qualities. Don't think Cahill is good enough to start for you guys personally and Terry and Luiz would be the preferred partnership.

Chelsea are crying out for a deep lying playmaker to play next to mikel. But who is really available in that position who would be top class?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's wrong with cahill? Like give me an attribute that he clearly lacks? He can get goals at the other end, while he's not a leader either he slots in well with terry who is a leader, has got pace to cover, more disciplined than luiz and can make vital interceptions. I don't think he's as good defensively as ivanovic in terms of being an impenetrable rock but he can start for us and I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it.

DLP or a BBM would be great. Nemanja matic, the guy we sold for the david luiz deal would be a perfect match for this position. Seems to have that wilshere/dembele balance, can pass from deep and clearly has a mean shot on him. He plays for benfica as well so it's not like he's playing for a pony team. He was the man who replaced javi garcia and he's way better than him.

What do you think? I clearly feel he has something our midfielders lack. The only person who tries this is ramires and he just runs as fast as possible hoping that he gets a pass in but most times these 40 yard runs end up in a crap cross/pass or him getting muscled off the ball. The thing is ramires is a smart player who sees the pass but he just doesn't have the ability to execute it. I think mikel should be doing the DLP stuff as well. All he is is an anchorman when really he should be doing way more than that, while a clearly important role makalele did twice the amount mikel did and was better at making key passes too.

There is always jack wilshere too though :lol:. 20 million pound bid maybe tell them that he's injury prone and his value has gone down from last season then tell them how he wants to go back to fulham. In all seriousness since he's off limits joao moutinho is another possibility.

ReputationRep:
    can we agree that john obi mikel is potentially the worst player in the premier league? he is football's biggest con. how has this guy won champions league, fa cup and gets started regularly for chelsea?

i bet u he will somehow win a world cup too, it honestly wouldn't surprise me. stereotypical nigerian con artist, u might aswell just put a tree in the middle of stamford bridge and have him sitting in the stands every match

ReputationRep:
    can we agree that john obi mikel is potentially the worst player in the premier league? he is football's biggest con. how has this guy won champions league, fa cup and gets started regularly for chelsea?

i bet u he will somehow win a world cup too, it honestly wouldn't surprise me. stereotypical nigerian con artist, u might aswell just put a tree in the middle of stamford bridge and have him sitting in the stands every match
    I'm sorry but that wouldn't abide to FA's pitch regulations.

Please consult this PDF that I've conveniently linked for you here;
    alternatively I shall quote this key information about the pitch, that it must be
    free from obstructions
    That you can read about in this 93 page guidelines on pitch requirements.

For your benefit I shall also insert an image of a correct looking pitch, with markings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Law1_Page10_01.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	209424

As you can see, no trees are visible.

I hope this clears up any other confusions you may have, for any other queries and thoughts you may have, please consult this webpage before re-evaluating your life, as I shall not be replying in the future. Good luck and have a nice day.

ReputationRep:
    We could always put Luiz back to DM, I thought he had some amazing games there when he was on form. Obviously he didn't perform amazingly every time he was put there but in his first game against that Mexican team in the CWC he definitely showed what he's capable off. Luiz/Romeu would be good next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    We could always put Luiz back to DM, I thought he had some amazing games there when he was on form. Obviously he didn't perform amazingly every time he was put there but in his first game against that Mexican team in the CWC he definitely showed what he's capable off. Luiz/Romeu would be good next year.
    Yeah, he did have great games there and was useful during our DM crisis I feel. If mascherano can go from DM to CB why can't luiz go the other way, he's clearly got the attributes for it and him and romeu have a much better end product and seem more dynamic than the mikel/ramires combo where one just sits and passes short while the other runs like a headless chicken all match. Romeu and luiz look much more attractive as a duo and much more technical. Mikel can also shuffle with romeu and ramires/essien can shuffle with luiz but I don't want to see a mikel ramires duo anymore it's absolutely pathetic that they are our best pairing.

The only problem here is that it's experimental when a guy like matic clearly has the attributes we need we might as well get him than plug a gap with a makeshift player. It can work out but it can also go horribly wrong, or we might not have enough squad depth and he's forced back to CB.

ReputationRep:
    Schurle has reportedly been signed

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.