Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    I laughed so hard hahahahaha.

The Arsenal contingent on this forum have provided some brilliant gifs/memes lately.
    There was nothing funny about that gif.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Meaningless competition.
    Yup. Can take solace in that fact and looking at the team sheet, we've rested a couple of key players for Arsenal.

I look at that team sheet though and saw Mikel, Lampard as the DM's in the match, no Terry as well, I didn't watch the match, but I can see an idea of how we played, struggled to create clear chances, Sunderland probably let us have the ball in the second half and probably looked somewhat laboured.

Anyway, hear Luiz got nutmegged for the Borini goal, Terry and cahill or terry and ivan for the CB's against arsenal. It's not even an embarrasing defeat tbh, but an annoying defeat nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trrr)
    He took a pay cut.
    Technically he didn't. He would've gone unpaid otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Did you guys never banter? Whenever Liverpool lose I get random FB posts, watsapp group blows up, just loads of abuse really, it's how it has always been, well for me at least.

If you can't laugh when a top team loses to a team bottom of the league when can you

I've been posting for so long and know most of the regulars that i feel inclined to come in and laugh.
    Not really, no. In my early teenage years, perhaps - but I still never really got it. I admit a number of my friends and I played for two teams in the same Sunday league (at the top of the same Sunday league), and that was always a greater source of amusement than the teams we supported. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Willian was fantastic. Rarely lost the ball and has tremendous work rate. If he could develop some cutting edge in the final third then he'd be a very useful player. Looked upset towards the end as well compared to the rest

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna leave this comment here.

Most the people Wumming's team aren't even in the competition. So they can **** off too.

We have problems, but Mourinho is rectifying it. League cup for the most part is meaningless, despite the annoying way in which we got knocked out. We're doing well enough, we need more goals in the team and more control of the ball. Which is why we're trying to get Guarin.

I don't have time for nonsensical comments, I genuinely understand Cleveradams concerns and I've shared the same concerns, but his hyperbolic pessimisms gets annoying and I'm sure all the Chelsea posters in this thread think exactly. Why support a team if all you're going to do is deride them all game unless we win 4-0.

With Kidomo, you don't bring any good posts to this thread, or the arsenal thread or anything to do with football, you're not a good WUM, so I'm trying to do this nicely, but I've got 2 words for you, first word is 4 letters long, second word is 3 letters wrong, you get the gist.

To the rest, I can take banter. Bring it on, but if the way you're doing it is pathetic I'll make a post dedicated to you as well.

ReputationRep:
    well i'm going to say well done Sunderland, they fought hard for that and made us pay for our normal problem this season of not finishing chances. We may as well drop all three strikers and play Hazard up top. He can score and it may give Mata a way back into the team. It's not as if it's a stupid idea right now, our strikers have 5 goals in the league between them, compare that to Suarez or Ageuro who are scoring for fun. It may be a risk but it's worth taking if the other option is practically playing with ten men every other match. Come January get rid of Torres and Ba, i know Torres works hard for the team but he has been a useless donkey in front of goal since joining and Ba has been a major let down. Try and get a striker like Dzeko (scored twice tonight, yes against a championship team but goals are goals), or Cardozo in and do something radical in the modern game. Play 4-4-2 with a new striker and Eto'o, Eto'o at least puts keepers and defenders under pressure so i would keep him for the rest of the season, and playing with two up front gives defenders more to worry about. Come the end of the season try and get Rooney or Benzema depending on who is in the Champions League and then we would have Lulkaku back as well Courtois to put in the team. Cech seems to have lost it a bit recently, look at the goals we have conceded, i think with keepers we need to put Courtois in next year and try and keep Scawzer as back up and try and get good money for Cech. Then we need to sort out a stable midfield and drill the defense and we would have a solid team, a keeper who can keep clean sheets, and strikers that know what goals are. Make these changes for goodness sake, we can't keep going as we are. Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    well i'm going to say well done Sunderland, they fought hard for that and made us pay for our normal problem this season of not finishing chances. We may as well drop all three strikers and play Hazard up top. He can score and it may give Mata a way back into the team. It's not as if it's a stupid idea right now, our strikers have 5 goals in the league between them, compare that to Suarez or Ageuro who are scoring for fun. It may be a risk but it's worth taking if the other option is practically playing with ten men every other match. Come January get rid of Torres and Ba, i know Torres works hard for the team but he has been a useless donkey in front of goal since joining and Ba has been a major let down. Try and get a striker like Dzeko (scored twice tonight, yes against a championship team but goals are goals), or Cardozo in and do something radical in the modern game. Play 4-4-2 with a new striker and Eto'o, Eto'o at least puts keepers and defenders under pressure so i would keep him for the rest of the season, and playing with two up front gives defenders more to worry about. Come the end of the season try and get Rooney or Benzema depending on who is in the Champions League and then we would have Lulkaku back as well Courtois to put in the team. Cech seems to have lost it a bit recently, look at the goals we have conceded, i think with keepers we need to put Courtois in next year and try and keep Scawzer as back up and try and get good money for Cech. Then we need to sort out a stable midfield and drill the defense and we would have a solid team, a keeper who can keep clean sheets, and strikers that know what goals are. Make these changes for goodness sake, we can't keep going as we are. Rant over.
    Good points.

I don't think we need to go and start in a 4-4-2, but we should adapt to these formations during the match. I don't think we have the personnel for a 4-4-2, A 4-2-2-2 may be a good formation, but we need a CM for that to work, as City have shown, their formation works because their DM/CM's are able to control a 2 man midfield, we do not have players capable of that.

A 4-3-3 would work well with our current personnel, but would require Oscar or De bruyne playing in the midfield 3 rather than the front 3, which would probably suit them tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    I don't have time for nonsensical comments, I genuinely understand Cleveradams concerns and I've shared the same concerns, but his hyperbolic pessimisms gets annoying and I'm sure all the Chelsea posters in this thread think exactly. Why support a team if all you're going to do is deride them all game unless we win 4-0.
    Exactly. A supporter is someone who supports, cleveradam is someone who has never shown anything of the sort. Somewhat similar to the way Arsenal & Spurs fans talk about Chelsea...Some could say, exactly the same He's as much a Chelsea supporter as I am a Mau Mau fighter pilot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    well i'm going to say well done Sunderland, they fought hard for that and made us pay for our normal problem this season of not finishing chances. We may as well drop all three strikers and play Hazard up top. He can score and it may give Mata a way back into the team. It's not as if it's a stupid idea right now, our strikers have 5 goals in the league between them, compare that to Suarez or Ageuro who are scoring for fun. It may be a risk but it's worth taking if the other option is practically playing with ten men every other match.
    This is something I was thinking about recently, may have made a post about it even. I think it would be interesting, considering we aren't getting anything useful out of our strikers we may as well bring in a player that can contribute something even if he isn't going to bang in 20 goals a season.

I think Hazard, Schurrle or Willian would all be interesting to see playing up top, in a sort of false 9 role. May as well give it a go considering nothing else is working.

ReputationRep:
    Ivanovic, Cole, Lampard, Essien, Ba, Torres, KDB, Cahill. I think we need to move these guys on in order to better this team. Really and truly. It's sad though, as a lot of those have been through a lot with us, but we're looking to stay up in that bracket of European superpowers, we need to rebuild. This January, I'd bring in Guarin and Martinez. Summertime should be a real good overhaul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Exactly. A supporter is someone who supports, cleveradam is someone who has never shown anything of the sort. Somewhat similar to the way Arsenal & Spurs fans talk about Chelsea...Some could say, exactly the same He's as much a Chelsea supporter as I am a Mau Mau fighter pilot.
    Supporting a football team is not the same as supporting, say, a child. For the latter you are ultimately culpable upon the outcome, meaning you are reliant upon supporting the child in a positive manner to improve the outcome. For a football team, where the supporter is an outsider to the actual event of the match, there is nothing that they can do to affect the outcome. Therefore, they have a right to moan.

I know I do. I've supported Chelsea for as long as I can remember, but, at the moment, I receive almost no enjoyment from watching them and spend the majority of matches bemoaning the inabilities of the squad.

Pessimism is just as much a part of the sport as unadulterated support.

ReputationRep:
    How the **** did Luiz get nutmegged there

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna leave this comment here.

Most the people Wumming's team aren't even in the competition. So they can **** off too.

We have problems, but Mourinho is rectifying it. League cup for the most part is meaningless, despite the annoying way in which we got knocked out. We're doing well enough, we need more goals in the team and more control of the ball. Which is why we're trying to get Guarin.

With Kidomo, you don't bring any good posts to this thread, or the arsenal thread or anything to do with football, you're not a good WUM, so I'm trying to do this nicely, but I've got 2 words for you, first word is 4 letters long, second word is 3 letters wrong, you get the gist.

To the rest, I can take banter. Bring it on, but if the way you're doing it is pathetic I'll make a post dedicated to you as well.
    :congrats: Great post. At least flying ballsack was in some way amusing, this is just pathetic.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Quite an embarrassing defeat. I fully expect Mourinho to turn it around, and I expect us to get a result at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/setoo9/status/41...245184/photo/1

What the **** :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Just look at the response

Ewan ‏@BigManMcKenna 41m

@setoo9 **** off

David ‏@TekkaBooSon 38m

@setoo9 WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Ally Mackay ‏@Allymac1992 31m

@setoo9 you actually taking the piss?

Messi Minutes ‏@MessiMinutes 25m

@setoo9 Brilliant tweet Samuel. Just... brilliant.

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently some Plastic FC fans wanting Mourinho sacked, as he 'Isn't special anymore'.

Others have probably already swapped their chelsea shirts for city ones.

LOL.

TOON TOON, black and white army!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    :congrats: Great post. At least flying ballsack was in some way amusing, this is just pathetic.
    The quality of wummage is not as good as it used to be. RobbieC and Ronaldo VII were the days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott.M)
    Apparently some Plastic FC fans wanting Mourinho sacked, as he 'Isn't special anymore'.

Others have probably already swapped their chelsea shirts for city ones.

LOL.

TOON TOON, black and white army!
    Whilst I don't doubt you, they're in a small minority. The vast majority of Chelsea fans are still outright supporting Mourinho, as evidenced on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    You are clearly hurt, so I'm going to leave you alone.
    Who do you think will win on Monday?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.