Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    That small team Henry was referring to only went on to win the league that same season
    Way to completely miss the point. Henry wasn't saying they were a small club.

ReputationRep:
    These results aren't going our way. If City get some momentum and we slip up the next few games we're in trouble. We've got some difficult fixtures coming up unfortunately. Need to win this Monday.

Liverpool looking likely to get top 4 at this rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    These results aren't going our way. If City get some momentum and we slip up the next few games we're in trouble. We've got some difficult fixtures coming up unfortunately. Need to win this Monday.

I think the final top four will be very much as it is currently (though obviously with the potential for numerous reorderings). Don't see either Liverpool or Arsenal dropping form to the extent that they fall out of the top four; similarly, I think that Everton and Newcastle will run out of steam a la Southampton, while United have a little too much ground to make up.

ReputationRep:

reality sets in, it was all okay when this team casually lost countless points against bottom half tabled teams now we need to win every big match against rivals to even stay in top 4.
    Everton are likely to beat Swansea so we will be 5th or 6th by tomorrow.
    A defeat at Arsenal and we're not even in top 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    reality sets in, it was all okay when this team casually lost countless points against bottom half tabled teams now we need to win every big match against rivals to even stay in top 4.
    Everton are likely to beat Swansea so we will be 5th or 6th by tomorrow.
    A defeat at Arsenal and we're not even in top 5.
    Yes, but even if worst comes to worst and we do lose to Arsenal, we'll still be within five points of top. Context is necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I think the final top four will be very much as it is currently (though obviously with the potential for numerous reorderings). Don't see either Liverpool or Arsenal dropping form to the extent that they fall out of the top four; similarly, I think that Everton and Newcastle will run out of steam a la Southampton, while United have a little too much ground to make up.
    Yeah agree here really. Not winning games like against Stoke are the ones that'll harm us. Still worried about the top 4 chances if we don't pick up some form soon/

Why do we have such difficult fixtures near each other though? If we don't win against Swansea I'll be disappointed; Southampton as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah agree here really. Not winning games like against Stoke are the ones that'll harm us. Still worried about the top 4 chances if we don't pick up some form soon/

Why do we have such difficult fixtures near each other though? If we don't win against Swansea I'll be disappointed; Southampton as well.
    I agree. I can't conjecture either way whether we will sort out our form against smaller sides, though - it's not as simple as saying 'were we to sign this player or get these players back from injury, we'd do better'. We have a more or less fit squad (Van Ginkel the main absentee?) and nobody could say we're certain to sign the necessary forward in January, though.

No idea. An unfortunate quirk of the fixture calendar? I suppose everybody has to play everybody at some stage, though, and games can be as hard as you make them in a lot of cases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I agree. I can't conjecture either way whether we will sort out our form against smaller sides, though - it's not as simple as saying 'were we to sign this player or get these players back from injury, we'd do better'. We have a more or less fit squad (Van Ginkel the main absentee?) and nobody could say we're certain to sign the necessary forward in January, though.

No idea. An unfortunate quirk of the fixture calendar? I suppose everybody has to play everybody at some stage, though, and games can be as hard as you make them in a lot of cases.
    Yeah you're right -- it won't always be the case where we suddenly improve if we buy certain players. However, looking at Liverpool and Man City we can see what happens when we invest in top class forward and not just attacking midfielders! I am still baffled at that, and also why we didn't look to get someone else in the more central area of midfield.

I suppose a positive to take from this though is that we're not too far off the top despite playing poorly -- so if we click we should do a lot better.

True. Looking at the fixtures for Liverpool and Arsenal later though I think they'd get more points from that then compared to the run that we have after!

ReputationRep:
    Our inconsistent form against smaller sides are away from home, there is no single team bar Arsenal or spurs that have been consistent away from home. One is not making top 4 for definite in spurs, while Arsenal aren't performing in the big games away from home. Compare Arsenals games vs the top 7 away, they've got 0 points from those fixtures this season and last season they only got 5 points from those fixtures away from home(18 possible).

Away from home, we already have 2 points away from home in 3 of the six games.

At home, we'll beat almost all of the teams, for all the hype of City's game at home, we only have 2 points less than them in home fixtures and we even beat them at home. I only see us dropping points to Arsenal or liverpool at the bridge and probably will get a draw, maybe add a draw to a weak side when we don't perform, that's 6 points dropped at most until the end of the season, that'll be 49 points from home games.

We've lost 3 matches and drawn 2 away from home. That's currently 13 points dropped away from home, which will mean a maximum of 44 points, of course there are games such as City away, Arsenal away where we'll drop points, say we lose those two, so we get a maximum of 38 points. Which would lead to a maximum of 86 points. About enough to win the league. Liverpool away will be a tough fixture too, but one I fancy us to win.

ReputationRep:
    Omg my friend saw Willian at Westfield London today grrrr I went Westfield yesterday

They took a photo and all :huff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
    Omg my friend saw Willian at Westfield London today grrrr I went Westfield yesterday

They took a photo and all :huff:
    Which one. I went westfield in stratford today. Do you mean White City?

Bare people were there though.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Drogba: Trolling Arsenal since '04

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

Welcome to Holloway, Let's have the Chelsea ponces then!
    You do realise that's a woman's prison though, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Which one. I went westfield in stratford today. Do you mean White City?

Bare people were there though.
    Ooo not sure, I went white city 2 days ago, I think they probably went to the Stratford one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You do realise that's a woman's prison though, don't you?
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ponce

Ponce probably is the wrong choice of word to describe us as gay, but I guess when you got guys like terry pimping it up, ponce does describe them to a T. Sczechny better watch his girl closely.

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell bammy and the rest of you. Never before have I seen Chelsea fans so utterly delusional about how good one of your players is and what he brings to the team. I have no idea where 9mmbulletz gets the misconception that Ramires "can't pass". You do realize that he has the highest pass completion rate in your midfield - 86%. The highest in the premier league is only 89% and that is from Yaya Toure. He also completes more passes than everyone in the team apart from John Terry, with an average of 48 passes per 90 minutes.

In comparison, Gaurin has a pass completion rate of 73% and only manages 34 passes per games.
    As for interception/tackles, Ramires has made 53 succesful tackles and 18 interceptions this season in 16 apps. Gaurin has made 28 tackles and 16 interceptions in the same amount of games.

As for shooting? Gaurin has made 52 shots and scored 3 goals. Ramires 25 shots and scored 1 goal. Ok yes everyone are all aware that Ramires shooting is not the best. But he doesn't get the opportunity to shoot as much because he is played alongside Lampard in the majority of league games as a holding midfielder and naturally it is Lampard who is released to go forward, not Ramires. Are you those kind of guys who seem to think that a midfielder is only valuable to the team if he scores/assists? What Ramires brings to the team is invaluable, he breaks down play, makes important tackles/interceptions, and drives the team forward. He is your little machine that works his ass off in every game. Next time Chelsea play, please just spend the the game paying close attention him and you will quickly learn why so many chelsea fans rate him

ReputationRep:
    Guarin has played in a variety of positions. From the wing to Central midfield. Not helped with the declining cambiasso playing next to him and general all round ****ness of that inter team.

Highest pass percentage of a player in midfield are Mikel and Mikel arteta.

I watch Ramires every week, every game I watch I see poor touches, poor passes. Now Ramires isn't an expansive passer anyway which explains that stat. I'd say this season he has improved. Last season in the double pivot he was very poor, this season he's done better, but it's still not good enough.

I never said he's not a good player, or isn't better than our other options there, I'm just saying that Ramires wouldn't start or even make the bench for the top midfield sides. I'd rather see all our double pivot players replaced. Ramires can tackle, I'll give you that, he's good at driving the ball forward, but he picks the wrong pass a lot, probably due to him not thinking he's able to make that final pass.

I don't really care if a player assists or not if they put in good performances for the team. Hence why I rate hazard a lot. Even though his stats don't suggest that he's as good as other players in his position. You can see what he brings to the team with his change of pace and over time that will transpire to goals and assists for him.

http://www.squawka.com/news/2013/05/...n/201305229625
    Now, he's done better this season, with that passing rate statistic and has generally been decent defensively. But at his age, he should be controlling the midfield, he's not at an age where he's going to improve his ball playing ability drastically, neither is he going to improve his mental side of the game. We can utilize ramires better if we had a better DM though. Same with lampard, lampard and Luiz e.g. did very well near the end of last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogwithwings)
    bloody hell bammy and the rest of you. Never before have I seen Chelsea fans so utterly delusional about how good one of your players is and what he brings to the team. I have no idea where 9mmbulletz gets the misconception that Ramires "can't pass". You do realize that he has the highest pass completion rate in your midfield - 86%. The highest in the premier league is only 89% and that is from Yaya Toure. He also completes more passes than everyone in the team apart from John Terry, with an average of 48 passes per 90 minutes.

In comparison, Gaurin has a pass completion rate of 73% and only manages 34 passes per games.
    As for interception/tackles, Ramires has made 53 succesful tackles and 18 interceptions this season in 16 apps. Gaurin has made 28 tackles and 16 interceptions in the same amount of games.

As for shooting? Gaurin has made 52 shots and scored 3 goals. Ramires 25 shots and scored 1 goal. Ok yes everyone are all aware that Ramires shooting is not the best. But he doesn't get the opportunity to shoot as much because he is played alongside Lampard in the majority of league games as a holding midfielder and naturally it is Lampard who is released to go forward, not Ramires. Are you those kind of guys who seem to think that a midfielder is only valuable to the team if he scores/assists? What Ramires brings to the team is invaluable, he breaks down play, makes important tackles/interceptions, and drives the team forward. He is your little machine that works his ass off in every game. Next time Chelsea play, please just spend the the game paying close attention him and you will quickly learn why so many chelsea fans rate him
    What's Ramires' forward pass number per game and forward pass completion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogwithwings)

Mate, you're picking out stats. I've watched 80% of Chelsea games and I can tell you for a midfielder, he isn't good enough to be starting regularly for a club that wants to do well at the the real top of European football.

He has good energy and pace and can tackle and break-up play, but as a team that wants to compete in Europe he has several limitations.

When I say he can't pass, I'm referring to his passing range. He can't do long range passes well (not a huge problem) but he's also not able to thread a good through ball in because he doesn't have that in his locker. Furthermore, ball control or a good first touch just doesn't seem in his nature.

He lacks general composure in terms of picking out passes and holding the ball in tight spaces. Being able to work in tight spaces as well as composure is key for a top central midfielder which is something he doesn't have. He'd be good for a team like Southampton or Newcastle where his energy and pace will be enough to get him in the team, but it's not good enough for teams like Arsenal, City etc

ReputationRep:
    Watched the Newcastle vs Crystal Palace game yesterday since I had nothing to do. Really liked the look of Cabaye tbh even if it's just against Crystal Palace -- he delivers those kinds of performances against many teams. Would like him to come here really, esp considering he missed the CL.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.