Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Agree^. This was a game where we really could've used Drogba.

ReputationRep:
    About Willian in the final third: he just looks low in confidence to me. Just needs to keep getting these starts and get a couple of goals and his confidence will rocket back up. Quality player tbh.

ReputationRep:
    A man, who's club would be absolutely nowhere, a man who robbed every penny he has from the mouth of the Russian worker. A man who in any legitimate legal system would be serving time:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

But

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    A man, who's club would be absolutely nowhere, a man who robbed every penny he has from the mouth of the Russian worker. A man who in any legitimate legal system would be serving time:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
    And the man I wish I was tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ermhello)
    And the man I wish I was tbh.
    In a just world, Roman would be stood up against a wall and executed for the fact he institutionally robbed Russia. Think about that, every single penny historically non-entity Chelsea got was the result of mass-fraud in Russia. Just say it to yourself. Then compare yourself to The Arsenal of the Highbury Marble Halls. Not even going to say what your fans' reputation is.

ReputationRep:
    In a just world, Roman would be stood up against a wall and executed for the fact he institutionally robbed Russia. Think about that, every single penny historically non-entity Chelsea got was the result of mass-fraud in Russia. Just say it to yourself. Then compare yourself to The Arsenal of the Highbury Marble Halls. Not even going to say what your fans' reputation is.
    All that aside, I was talking about being a ****ing billionaire and literally doing what you want when you want.

Maybe he is a prick but I cannot deny he is a complete boss.

ReputationRep:
    Roman is a legend. Plenty of fortunes have been made through unscrupulous means, that's just life. I own an IBM Thinkpad but I don't let the fact they were bankrolled by the Nazi's stop me enjoying it

ReputationRep:
    Minor, the US do the same with Iraqi oil anyway. :lol:

In a just world we'd have no government or an government based on the values of equality where little to no politics actually affect the decision making of a country, just the unanimous decision of what is actually best of a country and politicians won't make decisions in the public light that really have private ulterior motives. But beggars can't be choosers. Merry Christmas Roman Abramovich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)

In a just world we'd have no government or an government based on the values of equality where little to no politics actually affect the decision making of a country, just the unanimous decision of what is actually best of a country and politicians won't make decisions in the public light that really have private ulterior motives. But beggars can't be choosers. Merry Christmas Roman Abramovich.
    You cannot be serious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ermhello)
    All that aside, I was talking about being a ****ing billionaire and literally doing what you want when you want.

Maybe he is a prick but I cannot deny he is a complete boss.
    What do you do? In school? At university? Working? Making you ways legitly within a legit system?

If you're that desperate to be like Roman why continue wasting your time? Why not start trading some white powders from Peru? Why not go into dealing arms to kony and his friends? Why not start dealing some blood diamonds? Big bucks to be made in all of those and would make you complete boss whilst using little effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    What do you do? In school? At university? Working? Making you ways legitly within a legit system?

If you're that desperate to be like Roman why continue wasting your time? Why not start trading some white powders from Peru? Why not go into dealing arms to kony and his friends? Why not start dealing some blood diamonds? Big bucks to be made in all of those and would make you complete boss whilst using little effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh if it wasn't illegal and there wasn't the 98% chance of being executed in the most horrific manner possible by the cartel I probably would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Roman is a legend. Plenty of fortunes have been made through unscrupulous means, that's just life. I own an IBM Thinkpad but I don't let the fact they were bankrolled by the Nazi's stop me enjoying it
    Guess that makes it alright then. Why stop at worshipping Roman? Maybe we should have a shrine Charles Taylor instead of having at in prison because well unscrupulous us norm. Why is Rebecca brooks and other staffs of notw even on trial? The Saudi are doing right actually with their oppression on women. Whilst we should praise the Uzbeks with their ubiquitous practise of forced and child labour because well............... C'est la vie.

Many unscrupulous activity going on out there but the likes of Roman who steal from ordinary folks exacerbating their standard if living- sending them to an early death so that he can have a house in Belgrade square and a massive thatch in st trope is the lowest a person can get. I'm glad you're happy and proud to have such person bankrolling your club cos well it's everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)

European Americans plundering natural reserves is nothing new. They have been doing this for centuries and that is why the native Americans fought on our side against the European Americans. Roman's wealth is usually only highlighted by football fans because it has reduced their own team's chances of silverware. They will happily purchase football shirts made by sweatshops, which is taking advantage of the poor abroad. Look at the faux moral outrage with Wonga over sponsoring Newcastle Utd claiming it's exploiting the poor. While I do acknowledge financial hardship, I won't feel sympathy for people who resort to loans who have been consuming non-essential items. However, sweatshops often reduce the life expectancy of workers and increase the likelihood of catching infectious diseases. And it doesn't stop there, otherwise Fairtrade would have never have been invented. You may be surprised by the amount of consumables are made by unfair methods and confectionery, such as chocolate, fall into this category.

Standard Chartered were also in the spotlight a while back over money laundering with Iran but I guess the common football fan doesn't know exactly what money laundering or Iran are so you're not going to see them harp on about the merits of such an institution sponsoring a team in the Premier League. The same with Barclays, the sponsor of our own league ffs, being exposed to have invested in indiscriminate weapons. But then not many people probably know the full effects of them even though Agent Orange wasn't exactly ancient history.

Speaking of politics, yes let's invade Iraq because Saddam is a super bad guy. A few years later, al-Assad goes/is going on a murderous killing spree and we do nothing, which is basically what we did with Yugoslavia, Rwanda and Darfur. Humans are largely greedy for their own gain and are barely altruistic. Notice that support for military intervention in Syria wasn't as great as for Iraq and compare both times to the state of the economy. It won't explain the reason for everyone but I don't think it's a coincidence. I'd rather be Roman Abramovich than Harry Truman though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Guess that makes it alright then. Why stop at worshipping Roman? Maybe we should have a shrine Charles Taylor instead of having at in prison because well unscrupulous us norm. Why is Rebecca brooks and other staffs of notw even on trial? The Saudi are doing right actually with their oppression on women. Whilst we should praise the Uzbeks with their ubiquitous practise of forced and child labour because well............... C'est la vie.

Many unscrupulous activity going on out there but the likes of Roman who steal from ordinary folks exacerbating their standard if living- sending them to an early death so that he can have a house in Belgrade square and a massive thatch in st trope is the lowest a person can get. I'm glad you're happy and proud to have such person bankrolling your club cos well it's everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The world runs like that and unless you can do something about it, stop complaining and accept it because getting angry about it isn't gonna lead to anything productive. The world is unfair, hence why some people are dirt broke and some are millionaires and billionaires. Same reason why the average American and European is overweight while the average East African is probably underweight and malnourished. The gap in quality of lifestyle is because someone is exploiting the opportunity to have excess resources, without thinking of the consequences of others.

If I could complain, I would. But it's pointless. Many things we have in the world have come about through exploitation. Footballs, children's toys, technology and so on. While it's unfair how people have been used like objects or robots, I'm grateful that I have what I have.

Anyway, I assume you're an Arsenal fan who's slightly bitter about the result, which isn't the end of the world. It was arguably fair. We probably should have been a bit more clinical with our final ball on the counter, while we were being a bit aggressive to you guys (could've conceded a penalty had there been a replay review- not necessarily easy to spot first time). You didn't threaten much until the last 10 minutes, and while we looked more threatening when we were attacking, it probably wasn't enough to say we deserved to win although I thought we shaded it marginally over the course of the game.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to have forgotten to mention the money he has put back into both Russia and The Ukraine in an attempt to stabilise and improve the countries financial, political and social situation.

There is no denying that he he has committed crimes - he has openly admitted to bribery in the billions when purchasing the oil company he owned - but blaming him entirely is stupid. He took advantage of a corrupt system in an extremely corrupt country to get ahead in the world, to be able to now invest in ventures which help the entire world.

And he moved Chelsea from a club on the cusp of success - and potential implosion - to world recognition. Football is a business, and he is the best at business.

You are viewing him through the opposite of rose tinted spectacles; whatever colour they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich;45663154[B)
    ]A man, who's club would be absolutely nowhere[/B], a man who robbed every penny he has from the mouth of the Russian worker. A man who in any legitimate legal system would be serving time:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

But

You talk of how plastic our fans are and what not, but you're quite clearly a plastic football fan. If you knew anything about football (which I'm beginning to doubt), you'd know that the season before Abramovic came, we had already qualified for Champions League football. Not only that, but the year United won the treble, we finished in 3rd place, 3 points behind you guys and 4 points off United. We won the FA Cup in 1997 and 2000, and finished runners-up to you guys in 2002 (who were at the time on fire). We were also in CL quarter final in 2000, where we lost to Barcelona in extra time.

Roman obviously helped us, but it's not like we were mid-table material (like City) before we were bought by Roman. Besides, United would've probably won 3-4 more titles if City and Chelsea were not around, and I'm sure you as an Arsenal fan would've been sick of United winning the league so often. You might not like us being where we are, but the league is much more competitive than it was in the early Premiership years.

Despite your rant, I do feel (slightly) bad for Arsenal. You haven't won much for almost 10 years but you do get awfully close (07-08 Premier League, 07 and 2011 Carling Cup, 09-10 PL until you lost 3-2 to Wigan)

ReputationRep:
    TL: DR - Zurich is mad that Arsenal have lost top spot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    TL: DR - Zurich is mad that Arsenal have lost top spot.
    Yeah you can tell when he's mad because he loves to come in this thread and bleat "YOU GUYS HAVE NO HISTORY ARSENAL ARE SOOOO CLASSY OMG"

ReputationRep:
    Jose winding up the Arsenal fans :rofl:

Arsenal might also have had a penalty after Willian's tackle on Theo Walcott before half-time, but Mourinho thought the Gunners over-reacted to the incidents.

He said: "They like to cry - that's tradition. I prefer to say that English people - and I give one example, Frank Lampard - would never provoke a situation like that."
    Gunners fans jeered Chelsea from the pitch and chanted that the Blues were 'boring' at the end of the goalless draw, which extended Mourinho's unbeaten record against Arsenal to ten games.

Responding to the 'boring' chants, Mourinho said: "I'd agree. I played against them 10 times and I never lost.

"'Funny, funny Jose'. Ten times, they don't win once. What do you want to call me?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    The world runs like that and unless you can do something about it, stop complaining and accept it because getting angry about it isn't gonna lead to anything productive. The world is unfair, hence why some people are dirt broke and some are millionaires and billionaires. Same reason why the average American and European is overweight while the average East African is probably underweight and malnourished. The gap in quality of lifestyle is because someone is exploiting the opportunity to have excess resources, without thinking of the consequences of others.

If I could complain, I would. But it's pointless. Many things we have in the world have come about through exploitation. Footballs, children's toys, technology and so on. While it's unfair how people have been used like objects or robots, I'm grateful that I have what I have.

Anyway, I assume you're an Arsenal fan who's slightly bitter about the result, which isn't the end of the world. It was arguably fair. We probably should have been a bit more clinical with our final ball on the counter, while we were being a bit aggressive to you guys (could've conceded a penalty had there been a replay review- not necessarily easy to spot first time). You didn't threaten much until the last 10 minutes, and while we looked more threatening when we were attacking, it probably wasn't enough to say we deserved to win although I thought we shaded it marginally over the course of the game.
    Oh I do do something about it. I'm an humanitarian- that's what gets me out if bed each day. Call it sanctimonious, pretentious, stupid, it is what it is. But I'm one colossal small little voice and against the dominance, power and financial clout of roman and his friends, not really much I can do about it now is there? But I'll keep at it.

So yeah, I'll keep complaining and refuse to acquiesce to the belief that it's the way the world is supposed to work eventhough when all's said and done, I'll lose and roman and his ilk will laugh first, loudest and last.

This isn't a fight against Chelsea so no, I'm not some bitter arsenal fan. Football has no say in my moral stance, heck I'm gradually disliking football and won't be surprised if I stop following the game within the next decade or so given football is vice and rewards probably everything I detest itself.

This is my fight against the proverbial 'bad' guy and Roman is the I'm fighting. You won't find me saying anything bad about Chelsea apart from through your association with Roman. What I refuse/ I'm baffled by is the support and voluntary acquisition to how we should accept exploitation as a way of life. And if you're against it, it's labeled with anarchy, nihilism, Marxism etc so that there's a level if stigma to victimise those that want to fight it.

/sanctity

About the game itself, I'm indifferent about the result. We had arteta as our general in midfield after all. Quite happy with where arsenal are in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.