Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    And Morinho has no more class.

A man who's entire career was as much backed up by statements as success.

A man who was ran out of Real Madrid but acts as if he walked out?

A man who say's one thing and expects everyone else to believes the 2nd?
    Go home Zurich, you're drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Well if you're happy with a French relic who has let Arsenal stagnate and even decline as a football club, then....ok.

Since Mourinho's appointment in 2004, he has won 5 league titles, 9 domestic cups, and 1 European cup (alongside 5 semi-finals worth noting). All in 3 major footballing European countries.

Wenger since 2004, has won 1 domestic cup (and never won a European title ever)....

erm....uh...yeah....awkward.
    Honestly, this is an ignorant view but one I see a lot. The only reason we can buy players like Özil now is because of the brilliant work Wenger did when all our money was going on the stadium and he was being forced to sell his best players every year. Mourinho is a good manager with money, but he never would have lasted in that scenario.

You may take this as a dig at Chelsea, you may see the truth behind it, but it's a lot easier to win trophies when you're being funded by a Russian billionnaire than when you're pumping over £400m into a stadium. Arsenal are in a fantastic position now compared to 10 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    Here's a tactic against Liverpool- play for set pieces and corners.
    Start Ba and by default, Skrtel will mark him on set pieces. Let's say we aim to get 6-10 corners against Liverpool. On 1-2 of these corners, Skrtel is guaranteed to do something stupid.

Man City are much more adventurous at home than we are. They like to push their team high up the pitch quickly. They can get away with this as they can score so many goals, but they do leave themselves vulnerable. We're going to sit a little deeper against Liverpool and they won't get as much space between the lines. We're going to be harder to break down, while Liverpool will possibly be more vulnerable on the break.

I can't see us losing seeing how well we handled City's attacking threat at Stamford Bridge.

Plus, I hope Gerrard is fit because he is actually a hindrance on the abilities of Henderson and Allen and the whole team's play. He likes to take on too much responsibility when there are players that can do some of the things he likes to do better.I say it's either 1-1 or 2-1 to us. Remember this is pretty much the same Liverpool team we played last year attack-wise except Coutinho. Coutinho got crushed at Anfield when we played them last year and was taken off at half time. I'm sure we're going to do a better job of keeping Coutinho and Sterling quiet than Liverpool did.

I've got work from 3-7 so I can't watch this game
    Yeah, set piece play and corners would be my guess. Was gonna say target Skrtel, the thing is though with our height in the team with Ivanovic as well as our CBs, skrtel may be forced to mark a defender tbh. Surely the ref will give a pen for his shirt grabbing though.

Personally I'd have Ba on the bench, then to put him on to change the game, rather than start for us in the match. We can still play our football and stifle them with Torres, who will try and prevent them from playing. I don't really mind who starts as the striker, as long as it's not eto'o.

Liverpool will be more vulnerable on the break true that, but this is where losing Ramires is a big blow for us. He'd be good at driving when on the break into space, I don't see lamps or mikel doing that, or Essien for that matter, so I wonder how Mourinho will approach this game team sheet wise, my idea would be to get oscar to drop deeper into midfield at times, allow Lucas to pass the ball but we'll have men back. If gerrard is fit however, the tactic would be to just man mark gerrard with Oscar, he'll be there at the expense of Allen.

Tbh, with no sturridge, I doubt we'll lose though. He made their play faster and his presence in the box made it harder for us to mark out suarez. I see them being slightly laboured after that City match, then travelling to another away game. It's gonna be hard for them.

ReputationRep:
    Did Morinho just call Arsenal boring btw????????????????

Where has he been from his own 'shows' these last few years?

If Mou call's that entertainment then he's the only one.....

ONE.ARSENE.WENGER.
    He was talking about the match on monday RE: Arsenal fans blaming us for the boring game. You were boring, we were boring, and the conditions didn't help. Was a 0-0 snoozefest.

Got loads of Arsenal fans spitting feathers over that comment though as they just read the sensationalist headline and not the rest of the quote. Mourinho is a professional WUM.

ReputationRep:
    How much sherry have you had recently, Zurich?

ReputationRep:

This thread can now be locked. Forever.

ReputationRep:
    There has been a discussion over Christmas over Roman.

Do Chelsea fans never realise that you were nothing, not even a Uefa Cup team, without money from gangsters?
    We were in 4th place before Roman came.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Predictions for the game on Sunday?
    1-1 draw, I think. I don't think we'll lose at home but I don't really expect us to keep Liverpool out.

There has been a discussion over Christmas over Roman.

Do Chelsea fans never realise that you were nothing, not even a Uefa Cup team, without money from gangsters?
    You clearly aren't aware of some problems with that statement, namely the fact we were in the Champions League in the 1999/2000 season, reaching the quarter-finals. We qualified for the CL the year before Abramovich came, and had enjoyed more cup success than most sides in the late 1990s.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you guys answering to him seriously ffs. That's what he wants. Falling into the bait.

Admittedly I used to try to get into arguments with Arsenal fans when I was bored too. Can't blame him, holidays are boring, you're either broke or working.

ReputationRep:
    Zurich is jealous of Chelsea.

There's no other way to put it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually really worried about this game without Ramires. With him there I really didn't think there was a chance we would lose but now I'd be worried about the pairing. Lampard/Mikel is just asking for trouble tbh. Should be a 4-3-3. Expecting a boring game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    I'm actually really worried about this game without Ramires. With him there I really didn't think there was a chance we would lose but now I'd be worried about the pairing. Lampard/Mikel is just asking for trouble tbh. Should be a 4-3-3. Expecting a boring game.
    we'll beat them 2-1/3-2
    Just not really worried by 'Pool for some reason

Or at least that's my hope while I'm working 3-7 on sunday
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    When is MvG coming back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Yeah, best thing about the Saddam Hussain bit was that they were the allies of the Americans. The Bin Laden case as well, where apparently they'd been trained by the CIA then the US start to support Israel because the soviet union collapsed and we all know what the supporting of Israel has done to Palestine and the negative press palestine has received. Another funny thing would be the case of Syria, just lol that the russians were the ones who actually decided to step in to do peace talks while Obama was ready to just blow up the country with more drones like with pakistan. So much hypocrisy, hardly anything you can do about it.

If you wanted to make the world a better place and more equal, the only way you can do it immediately is by force, but in doing that, you're just becoming as bad as the people that are being oppressed. All this 'if you rally and ask the government to stop' nonsense will only get you so far, still inequality in womans pay despite the suffragettes starting the movement for over 100 years, still institutional racism despite slavery being abolished in this country 205 years ago, that's not even mentioning all the other messed up places in the world. If you were to actually make a difference and stand up, you'll be put in jail, force fed and have your skin bruised and battered with tear gas and rubber bullets. Doesn't matter that this place ain't africa, it's the same thing when corrupt people are in power.
    Pretty much. We were allies with Stalin albeit out of necessity during the Second World War. More recently we were also allies with Pinochet. You'll notice the 'good countries' get away with attention to evils quite often. You may hear of certain countries in Asia being labelled a terrorist country, such as Pakistan, but do you hear France being labelled the same? Accusations were made against for them for supporting the Hutu militia during the Rwandan genocide and it wasn't disputed by Sarkozy last I heard. Always amuses me to hear Americans complain about being the target of political violence when they've supported it themselves, e.g. Guatamela, Vietnam, Israel etc.

Speaking of Israel:

Direct action is often a last resort because concerns raised by specific people fall on deaf ears, e.g. Emily Davison with the suffragette movement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Honestly, this is an ignorant view but one I see a lot. The only reason we can buy players like Özil now is because of the brilliant work Wenger did when all our money was going on the stadium and he was being forced to sell his best players every year. Mourinho is a good manager with money, but he never would have lasted in that scenario.

You may take this as a dig at Chelsea, you may see the truth behind it, but it's a lot easier to win trophies when you're being funded by a Russian billionnaire than when you're pumping over £400m into a stadium. Arsenal are in a fantastic position now compared to 10 years ago.
    Exactly, Wenger looked long term and accepted a decade of mediocrity for a century of future success. He's not just the manager he brought Arsenal into the commercial and footballing elite. Someone said it earlier but he's almost wasted in football. He should be president of France.

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling that Suarez will have a ridiculous game tomorrow and destroy Terry/Cahill/Luiz tomorrow. Do you guys reckon you can stop him?

ReputationRep:
    Last time he had to bite one of our defenders to get himself into the game, and obviously shouldn't have lasted the 90 to get his goal... But that was with Ivanovic in the middle, completely out-muscling him at every turn :coma: Who knows about in this game, we'll see tomorrow. I'm pretty sure we'll be organised to stop him as much as possible but Suarez is in that sort of form where he can score from places where he doesn't appear to have any chance whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Pretty much. We were allies with Stalin albeit out of necessity during the Second World War. More recently we were also allies with Pinochet. You'll notice the 'good countries' get away with attention to evils quite often. You may hear of certain countries in Asia being labelled a terrorist country, such as Pakistan, but do you hear France being labelled the same? Accusations were made against for them for supporting the Hutu militia during the Rwandan genocide and it wasn't disputed by Sarkozy last I heard. Always amuses me to hear Americans complain about being the target of political violence when they've supported it themselves, e.g. Guatamela, Vietnam, Israel etc.

Speaking of Israel:

Direct action is often a last resort because concerns raised by specific people fall on deaf ears, e.g. Emily Davison with the suffragette movement.
    So Western 'demography' is selective and hypocritical'. Yet your solution is let's embrace Roman, let's give him a safe haven and means to impunity from all his action- to exacerbate to situation. Can't beat them, might as well join them mentality. You're just as bad and as hypocritical as them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I have a feeling that Suarez will have a ridiculous game tomorrow and destroy Terry/Cahill/Luiz tomorrow. Do you guys reckon you can stop him?
    Same thing was said about aguero and RVP who'd been in similar form to suarez(not as long as he's been in form though) at the time we faced them and they generally were stopped with ease. Aguero scored the goal but that was really it.
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    Exactly, Wenger looked long term and accepted a decade of mediocrity for a century of future success. He's not just the manager he brought Arsenal into the commercial and footballing elite. Someone said it earlier but he's almost wasted in football. He should be president of France.
    Agree, I admittedly thought he was a money pinching narcissist who just wanted to show he can win without breaking the bank, but I like his philosophy and wish more people adopted it. Klopp has done well, but he's too stubborn to sell Lewandowski to bayern, they were never going to win the league, CL is unlikely for them too. Just quickening their demise when Lewandowski leaves for free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    So Western 'demography' is selective and hypocritical'. Yet your solution is let's embrace Roman, let's give him a safe haven and means to impunity from all his action- to exacerbate to situation. Can't beat them, might as well join them mentality. You're just as bad and as hypocritical as them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, are you planning to do direct action and violent protests like I said? Pointing out this hypocrisy isn't going to work when 80% of the country listen to the bull**** the daily mail utters and the biased drivel put by the BBC and other news like SKY news. I remember my friend saying he watched sky, they said that Israeli people were killed in bombings by Palestinians yet forgot to report that the Israeli people had bombed more Palestinians the very same day. Yet on Russia today they reported both stories. Not to say that russia are better or anything, but just goes to show the hidden agenda in this country and their support of Israel.

If you don't do that, you're falling on deaf ears. The corrupt are in power, the only way to stop the corruption is by force. I'd rather this place stay like it is and play the game than turn it into Rwanda over politics.

If something is so bad that I'm willing to die for it to be stopped, then I'll attempt direct action(civil war, assassinations etc), otherwise I'll leave it and work through those constraints. It's a fact of life, people do bad things that affect you and others. If you can't stop it, why fight against it.

All this talking about the situation has been done for years, still nothing changed, most you can do is either get into a position of power legitimately(i.e. become rich or an MP) and change it there slowly or do it by force.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.