The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9460
Agree with your assessment, Although think Bam is like Toni Kroos. I just like it for some weird reason more than anyone else despite it not looking spectacular.

Anyway as a los txuri-urdin fan and how I keep on harping on about a DLP. Ruben Pardo would be the perfect fit for us. Originally found him out from football manager a couple years ago but I've watched him fairly closely, he looks the real deal. This is the type of guy that'll be revered like pirlo and Xavi in the future.

I think we need to buy him before Real do though. They'll probably go for him when alonso leaves. Him and Illaramendi will look beasty though. He's essentially who we need. His range of passing is unparalleled to anybody his age, better than pogba, I'd say his passing is on the level of Gerrards passing at the age of 21. He needs to improve defensively positioning wise though, he can also shoot from distance.
I thought Illaramendi was meant to be the long-term replacement for Alonso? They'll want to get Ruben Pardo as well?

Who would we pair him with?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9462
Original post by The Assassin
I thought Illaramendi was meant to be the long-term replacement for Alonso? They'll want to get Ruben Pardo as well?

Who would we pair him with?

Lars Bender. If not Ramires.

Illaramendi is more like Xavi, although a more aggressive type, he'll get stuck in more than pardo, but he generally controls a game using short passing and hasn't got as good a range as Pardo. He's more of a ball playing defensive midfielder, while Ruben pardo is an out and out Regista.

As much as I'd advocate matic and Guarin being bought, Ruben pardo is the one man who'd give me a wet dream if I saw his face in a Chelsea shirt. Grown a sturridge like attachment to him.
Reply 9463
Just got a feeling Mourinho will mess things up today... Hmmm.
Original post by mhsc
Hopefully Skrtel finally gets pulled up for his ridiculous shirt pulling at corners :colonhash: Surely the referees have to be going into games looking at it now, given how consistently he's been doing it instead of playing the ball.

1-1..Maybe.

Most defenders pull shirts on a regular basis, commentators/ motd have just decided to make a special issue about it. I'm sure Ivanovic does it a fair amount too.
Reply 9465
To be fair, the Premier League is very relaxed on the shirt pulling on corner. Serie A sides gets penalties against them regularly for it, it's ridiculous.
Original post by Bubzeh
To be fair, the Premier League is very relaxed on the shirt pulling on corner. Serie A sides gets penalties against them regularly for it, it's ridiculous.

I would say it's fair as it's quite clear in the laws of the game that shirt-pulling is a cautionable offence. It's not allowed in open play, and so shouldn't be allowed on set pieces. When players realise that they'll be giving away 2-3 penalties per game, then they'll stop doing it.
Reply 9467
Original post by So Instinct
Most defenders pull shirts on a regular basis, commentators/ motd have just decided to make a special issue about it. I'm sure Ivanovic does it a fair amount too.

Ivan ain't too bad, Luiz is blatant though.

I thought Serie A had rougher defenders there who mark tight and dirty. Not surprised they get called for it regularly.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Ivan ain't too bad, Luiz is blatant though.

I thought Serie A had rougher defenders there who mark tight and dirty. Not surprised they get called for it regularly.

That's what I thought when we played Inter almost 4 years ago. Should've had at least 3 penalties over the 2 legs
Reply 9469
Original post by 9MmBulletz
That's what I thought when we played Inter almost 4 years ago. Should've had at least 3 penalties over the 2 legs

Even when we faced juve last year, they were marking really tight to us and bonucci could have been sent off in the stamford bridge leg iirc.
What a ball from Cabaye there. Really want this guy here.
Reply 9471
What a ball from Cabaye there. Really want this guy here.

Yup, was thinking the same thing.

I was telling my mates that he would work as a DLP very well and they were saying he's best as an AM and he's not good enough for Chelsea :rolleyes:. He's done nothing in the AM position today but his cross field balls to debuchy have been sublime.
Reply 9472
Cabaye would be very decent alongside Ramires in the middle!
Ha, that's silly. Who'd think he'd be best as an AM?!

Unfortunately he's one of the few names we're not linked to.
Reply 9474
Ha, that's silly. Who'd think he'd be best as an AM?!

Unfortunately he's one of the few names we're not linked to.

People who don't realise the system that Cabaye plays in for Newcastle and just look at the team sheet.

I was saying that we need a CM more/just as much than a striker and got into an argument.

Shame we're not linked to him.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
People who don't realise the system that Cabaye plays in for Newcastle and just look at the team sheet.

I was saying that we need a CM more/just as much than a striker and got into an argument.

Shame we're not linked to him.

Maybe him as the senior DLP since he's what, 28 now? With Ruben Pardo as the young long-term one hehe :cool:

I forget that we bought Van Ginkel though :s-smilie:. Not sure what will happen to our central midfield next season but Mourinho probably really likes Ramires so we'll still see him start regularly.
Lucky, Boring, Arsenal.
Reply 9477
I can't believe it. Eto'o starts and Torres is on the bench :O
Interestingly Luiz is playing as DM :biggrin:
Full team Chelsea XI: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; D Luiz, Lampard; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Eto’o. #CFC
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9478
I can't believe what is happening to Mata. He's a big game player and the likes of Oscar and Willian get ahead of him..

Where's Ramires? Injured? Tired? Suspended?
Ramire suspended.

Latest