Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Why would it slap Mata in the face? Its funny that we destroyed Liverpool yesterday without ramires and Using lampard next to Luiz and produced our best performance of the season. Would Ramires have made that pass yesterday in the build up to the Eto'o goal?

Mikel ain't good enough with Ramires, they're both so limited, it's like they had a beast player, then turned them into two players then gave them half of the good attributes.
    Wut

I'm trying to say Guarin isn't needed and in my opinion he'll just end up replacing someone like Luiz or Mata, which would be stupid because Chelsea have so many central players better than him.

It'd slap Mata and Luiz in the face because more players are getting signed in a central role, despite having both Mata and Luiz, then Oscar, Willian, Mikel, Lampard, Ramirez and more crappy reserves.

BUT

Mourinho does need a big cheque book to win trophys so... I expect Guarin to sign for a stupid fee over the coming weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Wut

I'm trying to say Guarin isn't needed and in my opinion he'll just end up replacing someone like Luiz or Mata, which would be stupid because Chelsea have so many central players better than him.

It'd slap Mata and Luiz in the face because more players are getting signed in a central role, despite having both Mata and Luiz, then Oscar, Willian, Mikel, Lampard, Ramirez and more crappy reserves.

BUT

Mourinho does need a big cheque book to win trophys so... I expect Guarin to sign for a stupid fee over the coming weeks.
    He's a central midfielder. Our central midfield options are Mikel,Ramires, Lampard, Essien and MVG. Essien and Mikel aren't good enough to start. Guarin will be rotated with Ramires and Lampard and MVG
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    He's out of form because he's actually facing a decent defence. :rofl: he'll go back to scoring 2 a game when he faces a top team like Norwich. Anyway, game confirmed that Sturridge is as important as Suarez against big teams.
    With Guarin and Van Ginkel, it'll improve.

Eto'o should be careful with tackles, aside from the Suarez incident he gave a free kick through which Liverpool scored.

Saying that, funnily enough people were saying that Hazard will be anonymous and Suarez will cut through this Chelsea defence with ease. I said it, if there was any defence capable of handling a striker, it would be Chelsea's.
    I said the same thing a few days ago.

ReputationRep:
    Wut

BUT

But we play a 4-2-3-1.

Mata is not a DM or a CM. That's bull****. Guarin will play in the 2. Not in the 3 AM's. If he wanted to though, we do a swap deal and money with Mata. But we've been using him a lot this past month bar the Arsenal and Liverpool games.

Ramires isn't good enough. Guarin would replace him
    Mikel isn't good enough. Good for a certain type of game. It's saying something that we played our best football of the season when neither Mikel or Ramires were playing in the first half.

Best thing benitez ever did for us was play Luiz in midfield and try to use romeu. We can use Luiz there, but then we need another CB for cover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enoxial)
    With Guarin and Van Ginkel, it'll improve.

Eto'o should be careful with tackles, aside from the Suarez incident he gave a free kick through which Liverpool scored.

I said the same thing a few days ago.
    That same defence with bosingwa as CB handled Messi a couple years ago. Seriously, why do people doubt us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    He's a central midfielder. Our central midfield options are Mikel,Ramires, Lampard, Essien and MVG. Essien and Mikel aren't good enough to start. Guarin will be rotated with Ramires and Lampard and MVG
    Please refer to the point about Jose needing his cheque book every 3 months.

If Mikel, Ramires, Luiz, Lampard, Essien and this MVG kid isn't enough then god knows. Why don't you just sign Pirlo and Alonso aswell.

Even Oscar's played deep and could against pathetic opposition.

It's the same with a CF. You have a 50 million pound Torres who's probably on 250-300k a week and Eto'o who's probably on the same. Even that loser Ba won't be on small wages yet Mourinho would happily take a Falcao or Higuain.

Anyway, Guarin isn't that good. He should be back up to the beast that is Ramires and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    Ramires isn't good enough. Guarin would replace him
    I want to die of laughter but I'm in the library. Mate, trust me he's not there to replace Ramires.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    hazard will have 0 (never appears in big games) impact on this game and giroud will mis a sitter
    Go home your drunk.

ReputationRep:
    Best thing benitez ever did for us was play Luiz in midfield and try to use romeu. We can use Luiz there, but then we need another CB for cover.
    Best thing Rafa did was winning you lot a European Cup and finishing above Arsenal and Bale despite having Marin, Benayoun, Moses, Romeu, Ba, Ake and Bertrand.

ReputationRep:
    Please refer to the point about Jose needing his cheque book every 3 months.

If Mikel, Ramires, Luiz, Lampard, Essien and this MVG kid isn't enough then god knows. Why don't you just sign Pirlo and Alonso aswell.

Even Oscar's played deep and could against pathetic opposition.

It's the same with a CF. You have a 50 million pound Torres who's probably on 250-300k a week and Eto'o who's probably on the same. Even that loser Ba won't be on small wages yet Mourinho would happily take a Falcao or Higuain.

Anyway, Guarin isn't that good. He should be back up to the beast that is Ramires and that's it.
    These things have been said many times and explained many times on this thread and the last thread.

MVG is injured until the end of the season. Lampard is 35 and can't play every game. Essien is decent, but not good enough to start. We need a player who's able to start. Ramires is ridiculously overrated. Good for when we need to counter, but if we wanted to keep the ball and play expansive play he is not your man.

We can use Luiz there, but then we'll be short of CB's, So either we buy a CB and use luiz there, or we buy a CM and use Luiz there as cover in CM and CB.

ReputationRep:
    Best thing Rafa did was winning you lot a European Cup and finishing above Arsenal and Bale despite having Marin, Benayoun, Moses, Romeu, Ba, Ake and Bertrand.
    You're a benitez supporter who only supports Napoli because benitez went there, you're ****ing pathetic.

We had the best team in the EUROPA LEAGUE by an immesurable distance. Anything less than that and it would have been disgraceful.

We had a team good enough to finish 3rd or second. Simple as. Anyway I'm not going to be baited anymore, we're not going to agree and personally arguing with you is tiring since you have a clear bias towards benitez.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    These things have been said many times and explained many times on this thread and the last thread.

MVG is injured until the end of the season. Lampard is 35 and can't play every game. Essien is decent, but not good enough to start. We need a player who's able to start. Ramires is ridiculously overrated. Good for when we need to counter, but if we wanted to keep the ball and play expansive play he is not your man.

We can use Luiz there, but then we'll be short of CB's, So either we buy a CB and use luiz there, or we buy a CM and use Luiz there as cover in CM and CB.
    It was only for 6 months (he should be back in a month or two.)

ReputationRep:
    Love these guys. Mourinho is such a troll :lol:

ReputationRep:
    You're a benitez supporter who only supports Napoli because benitez went there, you're ****ing pathetic.

We had the best team in the EUROPA LEAGUE by an immesurable distance. Anything less than that and it would have been disgraceful.

We had a team good enough to finish 3rd or second. Simple as. Anyway I'm not going to be baited anymore, we're not going to agree and personally arguing with you is tiring since you have a clear bias towards benitez.
    Don't get angry little boy. Does it hurt when I say Mourinho and Chelsea buy their success?

Rafa accumulated 12 points in a CL group consisting of Dortmund, Arsenal and Marseille You lot struggled against sides that most on this board haven't even heard of.

Chelsea and Jose have a countless number of world class players capable of playing in the center with Mikel's (the worst apparently) wage probably eclipsing all of Napoli's central midfielders.

Behrami, Inler and Dzemali. That's all we have in the middle and yet we finished with 12 points in the "group of death".

Forza Rafa.

Enjoy the cheque book you lot. Even fat Sam would win the league with Chelsea dollar.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I just wanted to bait the troll out. No need to take him seriously. He also grew a dislike for liverpool after around 2010. Wonder why.

The quality of troll are poor these days. Wheres your other boy potpon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enoxial)
    It was only for 6 months (he should be back in a month or two.)
    He'll also have to be eased back into the fold. So even when he comes back, we're talking a month rehabilitation. Even when he comes back, there'll be like 2 months of the season where he'd actually be useful, where he could potentially be out of form, or we may have to draft him in against barcelona or something like that in the CL.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't watched much inter this season, while it's clear that Guarins best position is in the middle, do you think he's best as a Box to box player, or behind the striker as a creative player, or even potentially as a regista? We don't require a trequartista in our formation, just need an attacking midfielder and two inside forwards who can function as an attacking midfielder as well so will be able to switch positions. I say this because we're likely to play Guarin where Luiz played today.

Swap deal with Mata would be very interesting though. Mata at inter would be very interesting. Since I want Inter back in the big time, Mata could sort you guys out, although losing Guarin would be a step back, but surely he is replaceable? But a guy like Mata would be amazing for you guys and be the catalyst for you guys to go back to the top of Serie A, in fact while I don't advocate selling mata, I'd only want him to go to Inter (or real Sociedad)
    Mazzari tried playing him as a regista earlier on the season but he's been playing much better playing behind the striker Palacio as the creative playmaker. He also puts in a shift which Mourinho likes.

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys feel about Southampton?

Looks like Mourinho will probably go with

Cech
    Azpi-Terry-Cahill-Cole
    Ramires-Mikel
    Schurrle - Mata -Hazard
    Torres

Luiz is suspended, while Lampard and Ivanovic are injured. Mata didn't play a part against Liverpool, so will be fresher to play, while I think 1-2 of Hazard, Willian and Oscar will get a rest as they've played a lot of football in the past 5 days
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Looks like Mourinho will probably go with

Cech
    Azpi-Terry-Cahill-Cole
    Ramires-Mikel
    Schurrle - Mata -Hazard
    Torres

Luiz is suspended, while Lampard and Ivanovic are injured. Mata didn't play a part against Liverpool, so will be fresher to play, while I think 1-2 of Hazard, Willian and Oscar will get a rest as they've played a lot of football in the past 5 days
    I'm glad Boruc is out considering he was literally a wall the last time.

ReputationRep:

I think Hazard has actually played the most football out of all three but he's so important these days he's probably gonna start and then get a rest for the FA cup game.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.