Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Kinda want reina at yours so you can have 11 youth squad players in the team next season and keep that 'barca DNA' :lol: but yeah ter stegen would be great for you guys.
    No thank you don't want Reina hes not been great for a while has he? Good guy though personality wise. Ter Stegen maybe even a cheeky 25 million bid for Casillas? :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Cech isn't going to last several more years. He has a contract until 2016 and I expect him to retire then.
    He's had too many injuries, mainly the head one obviously, and his elbows are pretty rough too. I remember a lot of reports circulating a few months back about Courtois mentioning something about being told he'll be the main keeper within a year or two because of Cech's injuries. Before that report there were others that said Cech won't play as long as most keepers due to his injuries taking effect on him.

Realistically I see Courtois being loaned out a year or two longer, then he'll be number one. Cech will be back-up for a year or sold, but I see him retiring in a couple of years. Hopefully he'll go on to become a Goalkeeping coach for us, he's highly intelligent and looks after the youngsters so I'd love that.

Also in reference to KDB. There's no way he'll sit on the bench, he's too talented. There's a reason Dortmund are being linked with him repetitively when they already have one of the best mid-fields in the world. An attacking 3 of Reus/Gotze/KDB would be immense. I wouldn't mind if we sold him to them seen as I watch them most of the time anyway, but it'd be a huge loss to us. If anyone's seen a game for Bremen this year you'd realise how talented this guy is. He doesn't mess around outside the box like Mata and Oscar do sometimes, he literally just charges at the defence with speed sometimes, and he's quite big for a winger too. He adds a lot of pace to the attack and would be great for breaking down stubborn defences. Not to mention his crossing/passing in general is amazing. Just launches loads of 40 yard passes most matches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    he literally just charges at the defence with speed sometimes, and he's quite big for a winger too. He adds a lot of pace to the attack and would be great for breaking down stubborn defences. Not to mention his crossing/passing in general is amazing. Just launches loads of 40 yard passes most matches.
    Agree with the cech thing. Like you said if the rumours about cech's physical condition is true then really we should go for courtois, however if he can clearly go on I don't see the point of getting rid. He's still shown he's a quality player the past 2 seasons in the CL last season, the FA cup match vs united as well e.g.

Oh and after hearing this. I think De bruyne really should start for us. What you're saying is that he's a powerful direct winger with technique to boot. How's his dribbling does he trip up on his feet when he gets past his man and provides inconsistent crosses like moses does or is he consistent? we really need some power in the team. Think that means oscar will compete for playing time though but I'd rather have that than have marin and benayoun as backups...

(Original post by Malevolent)
    No thank you don't want Reina hes not been great for a while has he? Good guy though personality wise. Ter Stegen maybe even a cheeky 25 million bid for Casillas? :moon:
    Would be interesting if casillas were to go to barca. He'd never do that though mourinho will be gone. Personally I think that mourinho has treated casillas fairly. Look at how fergie has treated some of his key players(david beckham e.g.) and tell me that he's not a great man manager. He saw a player was disrupting the team, didn't care how much quality he is and got rid of him and they're performing great on the pitch now like they should have all season and should have won the title had they been like this earlier on in the season.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the cech thing. Like you said if the rumours about cech's physical condition is true then really we should go for courtois, however if he can clearly go on I don't see the point of getting rid. He's still shown he's a quality player the past 2 seasons in the CL last season, the FA cup match vs united as well e.g.

Oh and after hearing this. I think De bruyne really should start for us. What you're saying is that he's a powerful direct winger with technique to boot. How's his dribbling does he trip up on his feet when he gets past his man and provides inconsistent crosses like moses does or is he consistent? we really need some power in the team. Think that means oscar will compete for playing time though but I'd rather have that than have marin and benayoun as backups...

Would be interesting if casillas were to go to barca. He'd never do that though mourinho will be gone. Personally I think that mourinho has treated casillas fairly. Look at how fergie has treated some of his key players(david beckham e.g.) and tell me that he's not a great man manager. He saw a player was disrupting the team, didn't care how much quality he is and got rid of him and they're performing great on the pitch now like they should have all season and should have won the title had they been like this earlier on in the season.
    When Luis Figo moved from Barcelona to Real Madrid (after 5 seasons at Barca), the fans threw a pig's head at him.

Casillas has spent his entire career at Real Madrid - some 20+ years and has been the captain at the club.

Frankly he'd get death threats and everything else under the sun if he moved to Barca.

ReputationRep:
    Well put it this way, at 21 within a couple of weeks at being at Bremen he was put in charge of taking all set pieces within 50 yards. He takes nearly all the free kicks and corners.

If you ever get time to watch a match, he's the one that starts nearly all the attacks. He'll come deep if he's playing central, collect the ball and charge forward before playing a through ball. If he's on the wings he'll take people on and cross. His crosses are usually accurate. I'm sure he put us in trouble a few times with his crosses whilst he was at Genk.

He can use both feet too which is why he can be played on either wing or centrally. And his technique is great. He doesn't hit it with his laces, he nearly always hits the ball with the inside of his boot, pretty powerfully too. More skilful than Fifa gives him credit for, I've seen him pull off elastico's and Rabona's in matches successfully.

This is his best goal (in my opinion) he's got for Bremen this season. I think he's just under 6 foot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Well put it this way, at 21 within a couple of weeks at being at Bremen he was put in charge of taking all set pieces within 50 yards. He takes nearly all the free kicks and corners.

If you ever get time to watch a match, he's the one that starts nearly all the attacks. He'll come deep if he's playing central, collect the ball and charge forward before playing a through ball. If he's on the wings he'll take people on and cross. His crosses are usually accurate. I'm sure he put us in trouble a few times with his crosses whilst he was at Genk.

He can use both feet too which is why he can be played on either wing or centrally. And his technique is great. He doesn't hit it with his laces, he nearly always hits the ball with the inside of his boot, pretty powerfully too. More skilful than Fifa gives him credit for, I've seen him pull off elastico's and Rabona's in matches successfully.

This is his best goal (in my opinion) he's got for Bremen this season. I think he's just under 6 foot.

Woah.

ReputationRep:
    Top 4 race keeps getting tighter. Didnt expect City to lose at Spurs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kinda happy spurs won this. Now we can get second place if we beat liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    I love this league :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Nice one Man City, way to completely collapse :rolleyes:. Not hopeful for our top 4 chances now we have the hardest run in - was counting on Man City to win this one.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell just happened?

ReputationRep:
    Now it looks like 2nd place is open... hmm...

ReputationRep:
    The Masked One is starting, so hoping he gets a goal. Been in good form lately.

ReputationRep:
    I would've wanted Terry to start but meh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Nice one Man City, way to completely collapse :rolleyes:. Not hopeful for our top 4 chances now we have the hardest run in - was counting on Man City to win this one.
    Not worried about it tbh. We've been in good form lately. 4 wins in 5 games too. I think if we beat liverpool we'll be in top 4. Not scared about top 4 personally considering the way we have been playing. I think bar united away we can win all our games too.

ReputationRep:
    Zorro to score a hat-trick.

ReputationRep:
    Not worried about it tbh. We've been in good form lately. 4 wins in 5 games too. I think if we beat liverpool we'll be in top 4. Not scared about top 4 personally considering the way we have been playing. I think bar united away we can win all our games too.
    Too bad we pretty much start most games slow - Everton, Tottenham, Swansea and Man Utd is no walk in the park considering the way we play against teams higher up the table. Lets hope we beat Liverpool first.

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling El Nino will shine today.

ReputationRep:
    Down the Liverpool scum, would love to see Torres ram a hat-trick down the *****. COYB.

ReputationRep:
    The Masked One using his newly acquired mental powers to injure Agger there. Crafty devil.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.