Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Well we always knew we'd have to beat Tottenham, Aston Villa and Swansea.

I suppose Everton is the game where it will be decided, thankfully that's at home, and hopefully United will still be hungover from winning the title.

ReputationRep:
    Defoe seemed to bite the arm of Javier Mascherano after he was fouled by the midfielder, with both players booked by referee Steve Bennett.

An FA spokesman said: "We are unable to take any action because the referee has already dealt with the incident.

"Fifa regulations prevent us from taking retrospective action."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/6076094.stm

Could a similar thing happen here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)

If it does, there'll be absolute uproar.

ReputationRep:
    Defoe seemed to bite the arm of Javier Mascherano after he was fouled by the midfielder, with both players booked by referee Steve Bennett.

An FA spokesman said: "We are unable to take any action because the referee has already dealt with the incident.

No coz the ref didnt deal with the situation. He probably didnt see the bite otherwise he could've at least given Suarez a yellow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is how I feel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ox7-npBvQ

ReputationRep:

The ref didn't deal with the situation so no it won't?

Even if the ref did deal with it, whether it be through a booking or a red card, I have the feeling he'd be in for a lengthy ban as well and rightfully so.

ReputationRep:
    You have got to be joking me! :facepalm:Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366565657.295378.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  113.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The ref bottled it today. Prolonged the game so Suarez could get the equaliser and don't even get me started on that guy. Disgraceful player hope he gets a lengthy ban

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    You have got to be joking me! :facepalm:Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366565657.295378.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  113.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As I've said a bunch of ****ing morons.

Apparently a Liverpool fan on 5live said that "it might have been a simulated bite!" :rolleyes: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    No coz the ref didnt deal with the situation. He probably didnt see the bite otherwise he could've at least given Suarez a yellow

(Original post by ForensicShoe)
    The ref didn't deal with the situation so no it won't?

Even if the ref did deal with it, whether it be through a booking or a red card, I have the feeling he'd be in for a lengthy ban as well and rightfully so.
    Oh right, I actually thought Suarez was booked.

Must've misheard

ReputationRep:

Apparently a Liverpool fan on 5live said that "it might have been a simulated bite!" :rolleyes: :rofl:
    :toofunny:
    Absolutely retarted!!

ReputationRep:

Lmfao. Are all Liverpool fans that insane and stupid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    :toofunny:
    Absolutely retarted!!

(Original post by cleveradam)
    Lmfao. Are all Liverpool fans that insane and stupid?
    Most likely the result of years of inbreeding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Ref came over after/during it though because Ivanovic went over.

Not saying that counts as 'seeing it'. But you know.. this is the FA.. they have shown time and time again all the ref has to have done is looked in that general direction and they can do absolutely nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Surely the FA will have to do something about this? I mean come on! All of the newspapers will have the picture of him biting on full size on front page, what more evidence will they need?

ReputationRep:
    You do realise most of the liverpool fans bar the like you say obvious inbreeding type(I have seen some in my days at liverpool trust me there are some scousers like this) are taking the piss. Too bad that he'll probably be sold anyway...

At least if he's still there next season he won't be getting a handshake before the start of the match good thing the media hate him at least. Can make the headlines look even worse and get him exiled out of the country.

ReputationRep:
    Lol imagine if Roy Keane was still around and Suarez bit him... can't image what would happen :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    You do realise most of the liverpool fans bar the like you say obvious inbreeding type(I have seen some in my days at liverpool) are taking the piss. Too bad that he'll probably be sold anyway...

At least if he's still there next season he won't be getting a handshake before the start of the match
    From what I've read on the forums those fans aren't taking the piss. It appears that they're pretty determined and are willing to go into full-blown arguments, lasting pages, in order to get their, clearly delusional, point(s) across.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've read on the forums those fans aren't taking the piss. It appears that they're pretty determined and are willing to go into full-blown arguments, lasting pages, in order to get their, clearly delusional, point(s) across.
    There are a couple of inbred imbecile scousers. Maybe there are just more on those forums
    Or they're trolling.

ReputationRep:
    Going on the forums of a teams website is not a good gauge to most fans. No doubt most of them on there will be biased and extremely foolish. Any person with a brain and sense of morality would know what Suarez did was not excusable. Ultimately no player is bigger then a club and right now hes painting Liverpool in a really bad way.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.