Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    I didn't even know Spurs were playing Liverpool. Argh...
    They're not.....

ReputationRep:
    Swansea this weekend is a MUST win. Idc if we have to sacrifice the Europa League for it. If Spurs then beat us, I fear it'll be over.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea FC 2013/2014 premier league champions. Just throwing that out there.

In other news...

-We're still attempting to get the Mutu money
    -Ivanovic rejects Suarez's apology and the latter could receive a 7 game ban
    -The sources aren't that reliable, but we're still eagerly trying to go for Falcao and the club are willing to offer Courtois as part of the deal (don't want). We're still interested in Cavani too although he'll likely go to PSG.
    Yeah think we'll win the league next year personally. We're still lacking in a department(DM/CM) but with the DLP we should be fine. Get a top striker too as I think that it's seriously needed. We can put in some serious performances when needed to as well so I'm annoyed we've had such a **** season.

(Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    :lolwut:
    Tbh we have a very good chance of winning it next year personally. We would never have won it this year. Closest would have been 2nd place and that's because I knew city wouldn't be as motivated as they were last year.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea FC 2013/2014 premier league champions. Just throwing that out there.

In other news...

-We're still attempting to get the Mutu money
    -Ivanovic rejects Suarez's apology and the latter could receive a 7 game ban
    -The sources aren't that reliable, but we're still eagerly trying to go for Falcao and the club are willing to offer Courtois as part of the deal (don't want). We're still interested in Cavani too although he'll likely go to PSG.
    Have you got a link for this or tell me the tidbit of how it's progressed. I've always been intirgued to see if you will get the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Have you got a link for this or tell me the tidbit of how it's progressed. I've always been intirgued to see if you will get the money.
    We won't, Mutu is trying to drag it out until he retires when he retires we can't really do bugger all.
    Such a shame Mutu did that, he could have been an amazing striker with the right attitude. Had such high hopes. As did I for Kezman but oh well.

Why don't strikers succeed here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah think we'll win the league next year personally. We're still lacking in a department(DM/CM) but with the DLP we should be fine. Get a top striker too as I think that it's seriously needed. We can put in some serious performances when needed to as well so I'm annoyed we've had such a **** season.
    Don't worry jam, the (hopeful ) entrance of these guys will be key.

Hehe...

--

I actually didn't think this season could go as bad as last season, but I guess I was wrong.

(Original post by 419)

Here you go

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/ar...from-juventus/

ReputationRep:
    See in there Chelsea are trying to claim some of Mutu's properties in Miami, "worth several million points in total."

Maybe that's our plan for winning the league next season...

P.s. good shout on Lukaku. Gotta have him back next year and not make the stupid mistake we did this year of having only 1 real striker to start the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tc92)
    See in there Chelsea are trying to claim some of Mutu's properties in Miami, "worth several million points in total."

Maybe that's our plan for winning the league next season...

P.s. good shout on Lukaku. Gotta have him back next year and not make the stupid mistake we did this year of having only 1 real striker to start the season.
    Well we had 2 strikers. One was never played and he spent 45 mins showing why our board are full of ****ing idiots.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez receives a 10 game ban
    Apparently david Cameron got involved :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    Suarez receives a 10 game ban
    Apparently david Cameron got involved :lolwut:
    He just basically tried to put in opinion in it should have stayed out of it the git haha :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    He just basically tried to put in opinion in it should have stayed out of it the git haha :laugh:
    :rofl: I know right.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: I know right.
    Made himself look like a right tit and just tried to hop on the bandwagon. Silly silly Cameron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Made himself look like a right tit and just tried to hop on the bandwagon. Silly silly Cameron
    Although the FA are a bit inconsistent with these bans. 8 match ban for using racist language but 10 for biting? :erm:
    Think FA wanted to look tough but onwards as upwards for the blues!

ReputationRep:
    Although the FA are a bit inconsistent with these bans. 8 match ban for using racist language but 10 for biting? :erm:
    I don't mind its just its such a odd ban compared to other bans they handed out. Need to be consistent and they haven't been. Look like a bunch of tits :laugh:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    10 matches is generous, he should be banned from playing in the PL altogether. It's not the first time he's done it and there's always the risk he'll do it again to another innocent defender. The funny thing is, Liverpool fans are comparing it to Mcmanaman's tackle. They're completely different, Mcmanaman apologised and said it was an accident. Suarez made attempt on Ivanovic's arm, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up some sort of disease after that.

ReputationRep:
    And 9 months for Mark Bosnich testing positive for cocaine, a recreational drug. I don't know if cocaine has properties that put it parellel to performance enhancing drugs though. A bit inconsistent is an understatement. Stade Francais' scrum half, Jerome Fillol, got banned for 14 weeks for spitting. Sometimes spitting and biting can be worse than some other forms of physical harm, depending on the context, because of the issue of disease. I'm aware that footballers spit on the pitch but they shouldn't do it. Bad as 14 year olds who think it's cool to smoke who have to spit every minute for some stupid reason. Ivanovic might catch rabies off Suarez for all I know.

ReputationRep:
    Regarding the racism vs bite ban length, I'm sure if the bite had come before the racism it would have been shorter and then the ban for racism longer. Imo its about him being a repeat offender, a chronic cheat, discarding the rules and his own sanity at the drop of a hat when things don't go his way. This sort of ban has to be in place to send him a very clear message he needs to sort his act out because otherwise he will continue to cheat, and others will copy him. If he does something this stupid again I'm sure Liverpool will wash their hands of him, wait a little while for him to hit form and restore his reputation a little and then sell him while his value is high. They still have the club image required to sign big players if they can get big money for him, once this all blows over.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I wouldn't mind having Klopp at Chelsea tbh, quality manager :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Hey I wouldn't mind having Klopp at Chelsea tbh, quality manager :yy:
    Klopp is too smart and classy to come to Chelsea.

Klopp has the utmost support and trust from the top level at Dortmund - why would he leave that behind for the toxic environment of Chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Klopp is too smart and classy to come to Chelsea.

Klopp has the utmost support and trust from the top level at Dortmund - why would he leave that behind for the toxic environment of Chelsea?
    Do you see the level of hypocrisy in calling Chelsea a toxic environment as a Liverpool fan? Sure he'd benefit from being in the nurturing environment that is Anfield...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-2308571-19452771000005DC-958_306x256.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	211209

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.