The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1281
Original post by 419
It's been a good 2 days of quality football on show. Don't disappoint Rafa and let Hazard do his thing :yy:

No doubt he'll be on the bench, benayoun will be starting, we'll have a lampard and mikel partnership to 'increase' the tempo of our football, play ramires right wing and moses left wing...

Original post by Isometrix
Haha trust us to keep the show rolling. Don't get your hopes up mate.

We'll get one goal and play out the rest of the game. Standard.

Are we man united?
Reply 1282
Original post by jam277

**** bale, Arjen robben ftw I'd take him over bale personally. Cheaper and puts in similar performances, his record with us was outstanding as well. Think Robben should be the first signing we should make in the summer if we want depth in the wings, just look at bayern while benayoun and marin need replacing. Might as well replace him with quality.

Then we can go and buy the DM we need, the striker to replace that **** prick we have up top and we'll be good for the title. It's really not rocket science. If we don't buy the DM then trust our promising youth like chalobah/mceachran/romeu because the DM's we use are absolute dross or out of position like lampard, Milan done it nicely this season putting el shawaary, de sciglio and others in the team e.g. and bayern did the same last season making a young spine of badstuber, alaba, kroos and muller and lets not get started with dortmund.

Not sure I'd want Robben back, he's 29 now, still incredibly injury prone and still often far too selfish. I wouldn't say no to him at a bargain price but considering any purchase now will have no sell on value I'm not sure its worth it. If Pep wants to offload him immediately and the price is in our favour then sure :bhangra:

Don't want Bale purely because he would cost an unbelievable amount, especially if going to us, and tbh I just don't want to add a diving little scrote to our squad. People already have enough reasons to hate us :teeth:

I'd rather see us worry about a winger after we've sorted out our central midfield and brought in a striker.
Original post by jam277
With coke from what I've heard it's really just like 30mins-1hr of pleasure, don't think it's got any performance enhancing effects just that our countries' drug policy is an absolute farce, don't think they'd get a fine from the FA if they got caught out on the lash drinking 10 pints of coors light but really public opinion on it means that the authorities are under pressure to do such actions due to the media.

I've never understood the stance that people take on controlled substances despite the wealth of information available surround their usage. Those people might as well convince themselves that the world is flat and the Earth is the centre of the Universe. I know some legal substances, like caffeine, are at least debated to have performance enhancing issues in cycling but they usually draw the line. So if it does not enhance performance then the FA should not intervene. I'd take the stance of some drugs a bit more seriously from people if they weren't stuffing themselves with unhealthy food, smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol in excess. If you're going to be a health militant, at least do it consistently.
Reply 1284

If Fiorentina are genuinely interested in Torres then I would be unbelievably happy to offer a swap deal for Jovetic. Probably pay some cash and maybe offer them a couple of players on loan as well. :colondollar:
Reply 1285
Original post by NDGAARONDI
I've never understood the stance that people take on controlled substances despite the wealth of information available surround their usage. Those people might as well convince themselves that the world is flat and the Earth is the centre of the Universe. I know some legal substances, like caffeine, are at least debated to have performance enhancing issues in cycling but they usually draw the line. So if it does not enhance performance then the FA should not intervene. I'd take the stance of some drugs a bit more seriously from people if they weren't stuffing themselves with unhealthy food, smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol in excess. If you're going to be a health militant, at least do it consistently.

Simple as, I often hear ignorant statements like they can't handle their drink so would never try other substances, seems common logic comes flying out the window once the media get a message across.

They seem to be fine like you say pretty much destroying their insides with things just as bad. Just lack of education, being absolutely misinformed and ignorant enough to not change their stance.
Original post by mhsc
Not sure I'd want Robben back, he's 29 now, still incredibly injury prone and still often far too selfish. I wouldn't say no to him at a bargain price but considering any purchase now will have no sell on value I'm not sure its worth it. If Pep wants to offload him immediately and the price is in our favour then sure :bhangra:

Don't want Bale purely because he would cost an unbelievable amount, especially if going to us, and tbh I just don't want to add a diving little scrote to our squad. People already have enough reasons to hate us :teeth:

I'd rather see us worry about a winger after we've sorted out our central midfield and brought in a striker.

Agree, that's why I think we should get robben, it's highly likely he'll leave on the cheap I feel with kroos, gotze, ribery, shaqiri and muller playing in his position and it's not like they get shifted in other positions since there's so much depth in that team.

It's either that or he doesn't play and his value depreciates even more. Might as well see if he's available and buy him. Plus we can get the original daniel sturridge back :colonhash:
Reply 1286
Team: Cech; Azpili, Ivan, JT (c), Cole; D Luiz, Lamps; Ram, Haz, Moses; Torres. - subs: Turn, Cahill, Bert, Mik, Oscar, Mata, Benay. #CFC

David Luiz starts as a DM.
Reply 1287
Hmm. That could also be 4-3-3.
Reply 1288
Original post by mhsc
Hmm. That could also be 4-3-3.

It's not according the the Chelsea website

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:1 Petr Cech
28 Cesar Azpilicueta
26 John Terry (c)
2 Branislav Ivanovic
3 Ashley Cole
4 David Luiz
8 Frank Lampard
7 Ramires
17 Eden Hazard
13 Victor Moses

9 Fernando Torres
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam277

**** bale, Arjen robben ftw I'd take him over bale personally. Cheaper and puts in similar performances, his record with us was outstanding as well. Think Robben should be the first signing we should make in the summer if we want depth in the wings, just look at bayern while benayoun and marin need replacing. Might as well replace him with quality.

You'd want Robben over Bale? :lolwut:

Robben may be cheaper, but you'd get more value out of Bale given his age. Anyway I was half-joking when I posted that, realistically we ain't going to get him.

Original post by jam277

Are we man united?

Oh no, Man Utd would field their full strength team, be tight at the back, and play with some clinical strikers. We are nothing like Man Utd.
Good luck to Zorres
Reply 1291
The match is streaming on Itv's website. Quality is alot better than a stream
Good stuff.
What a goal by Moses :p:
Reply 1294
Lol at Ivanovic celebrating Moses' goal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unrelated to the game, but I still want Sturridge back. If only...
Reply 1296
Original post by Isometrix
You'd want Robben over Bale? :lolwut:

Robben may be cheaper, but you'd get more value out of Bale given his age. Anyway I was half-joking when I posted that, realistically we ain't going to get him.

Oh no, Man Utd would field their full strength team, be tight at the back, and play with some clinical strikers. We are nothing like Man Utd.

Of course Bale is obviously the more valuable player but partially since robben has already played for chelsea, won't complain too much if he's not started every game(even though he'd get loads of games and starts) while bale will want to play in every match like ronaldo. I personally would have robben over him, although bale is probably the more sensible signing if we're playing him every match but in terms of our team I'd rather have robben if we could get him for cheap over forking 50 million for a player for a position we have more than enough starting 11 depth in. I'd rather have robben and then use him like we've done with moses and give him a run of games and rotate around with oscar/hazard.

Na, this is the europa league. United will play for a 1-0, get a goal and then kill the match, I utterly despise their ability to close out games vs dead teams.
Reply 1297
Saying that we do need physicality in midfield and I want someone bar our striker to be able to head the ball from goalkicks. Guess in a straight up footballing sense bale would be the best for our team.
Reply 1298
Really we could be 2-0 up pretty easily. Moses has been awesome today. If we just keep up the professionalism they'll be out of the tie by the end of the first leg.
Luiz is pretty aggressive. And Moses has been sick.

Latest