Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    The standard of officiating in this compettition is so bad. Should have been at least two reds tonight and that's five penalties in our last five games, only one for us.and four of then aren't even penalties.

ReputationRep:
    AGAIN? Why does this keep happening?! Millions of chances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyinBallsack)
    brilliant penalty. u just don't see em taken like that anymore

cech completely bamboozled
    You still not found a life brah?

ReputationRep:
    How the fark did that not go in???

ReputationRep:
    All you can do is laugh, Just got my chewing gum and laughing.

ReputationRep:
    WTFFFF!! How did Terry not score that! We should have scored at least 4 goals this game

ReputationRep:
    About time!

ReputationRep:
    GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fark off Ref!

ReputationRep:
    ****ing get in you ****ing geezers!

ReputationRep:
    Luiz!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just saw that happening before the free kick. LOOOOOOOLL!!!

All you can do in this match is laugh.

ReputationRep:
    THANK YOU LUIZ. (Shocking goal keeping)

ReputationRep:
    Thank **** for that

ReputationRep:
    This game reminds me of when I face a crap person on FIFA. I just drop deep, hit on counters and score scrappy goals when really if I'd bothered I'd have won 5-0. Anyway trophy is ours to lose should beat them at least 3-0 in the second leg.
    (Original post by Musester)
    The standard of officiating in this compettition is so bad. Should have been at least two reds tonight and that's five penalties in our last five games, only one for us.and four of then aren't even penalties.
    Yeah, oh well we've just been getting **** decisions lately. Thought we'd jam a win we've been doing that in the europa league playing at 65% and winning games narrowly.
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Seems like we haven't even got out of 1st gear all game & Torres :facepalm:
    Torres is ****ing **** we know that. Fades so nicely.

ReputationRep:
    Flipping heck!! We should have scored more!!!
    Thanks Luiz, dodgy free kick but who cares because it ended at the back of the net!!

ReputationRep:
    DAVID LUIZ. What a guy!s

ReputationRep:
    Haha the reaction of the Basel fans when that last goal went in. I saw about a few hundred facepalms.

Roll on the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Main notes about tonights game. The midfield pairing was pretty intriguing and since it's a thing we bang on about here I watched quite a bit on it.

The luiz lampard partnership worked very well.
    Luiz
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Luiz in that destroyer role seems to get tackles in, has more energy in his game than mikel and is much more positive. At times it seems that he needs to know when to pass backwards to the keeper to retain possession rather than doing that dummy as it can really get us caught out at times if he ****s up, personally should use that dummy and flair sparingly, if we've got a foothold in the game e.g. and the whole team are playing with confidence then he can do that or if we're in need of some inspiration however at times it wasn't needed. If we've got our men too forward and you're in a position you might lose the ball it's best to play safe even if it's potentially at the risk of their men getting backwards to stop the ball. That's his role. But it's great to have a BBM with stamina, pace and willing to use their technical ability. He should have been used more in the role in fact this season and reminds me a little of essien, maybe he doesn't destroy people with that brute ghanaian power but he's willing to run up and down the pitch and boss a game which I love to see.

Also problem is that luiz needs to know when it's best to go forward, it's a great option to have such a technical player like him in advanced positions but when you have him and lampard there we may be prone to the counter, which was probably why we got the fullbacks to play a pretty defending role to neutralize salah and stocker, stocker gave us quite a few problems in the match.

Saying that basel were extremely poor but I'd like to see that partnership again. Luiz and hazard were MOTM for me. You could see us lose a foothold of the game when lampard left as well. Benitez was probably pissed off with that shot he made that went wildly and subbed him off straight away :lol: I'd have done the same personally.

Lampard
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lampard obviously had a good game, doing his thing, didn't see too many amazing passes from deep like he can do at times but he got into key positions for shots and generally his ball distribution was very good. Would like to see this again, in fact I really think we should keep his contract for next season.

I'm in a pretty buoyant mood. Tie's not over but really if we're a goal to the good early on there's no way back for basel imo.

ReputationRep:
    Torres is back to his usual, missing good chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Torres is back to his usual, missing good chances.
    Yeah, he was never that amazing even in the bright spark of form. I'm going through a similar phase in relation to uni work. :facepalm2:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.