Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how many shots Lamps would have if he was one off the record last game of the season. Probably be shooting from the half way line

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what effect, if any, two German sides getting into the final will have on us? With the decline of English teams in the UCL compared with the German's increasing dominance, will they get our 4th spot?

Would that even happen this season or does it need to be for a longer period?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    Does anyone know what effect, if any, two German sides getting into the final will have on us? With the decline of English teams in the UCL compared with the German's increasing dominance, will they get our 4th spot?

Would that even happen this season or does it need to be for a longer period?
    germany already have four spots in the champions league....

ReputationRep:
    Making duplicate accounts to say the exact same things and get shirty when someone disagrees sounds like the actions of someone with a disability. Seriously, another forum that I was on had a guy who started a thread saying his gf had died, he got loads of sympathy, then a few weeks later a "friend" of his said that they had found him dead and then loads of bs came up that it was fake because nobody with his name etc ever lived/died, pictures he claimed where him were just taken from google images.

Anyway a few months later somebody from the same town/same favourite team and player turned up.

Probably this ballsack guy aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    germany already have four spots in the champions league....
    Oh okay... that's awkward.

I heard people talking about it, but it's good to know it isn't true!

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay... that's awkward.

I heard people talking about it, but it's good to know it isn't true!
    Wouldn't have to worry about that, England are top of the coefficient rankings. And Germany and Spain also have 4 teams eligible for the CL.

Wouldn't worry too much about Italy catching up any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Wouldn't have to worry about that, England are top of the coefficient rankings. And Germany and Spain also have 4 teams eligible for the CL.

Wouldn't worry too much about Italy catching up any time soon.
    http://www.uefa.com/memberassociatio...try/index.html

La Liga is top of the coefficients and isnt going to be caught anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    http://www.uefa.com/memberassociatio...try/index.html

La Liga is top of the coefficients and isnt going to be caught anytime soon.
    How are they not going to get caught any time soon?

They only overtook England last year, It only takes one good season by English clubs in the CL/EL and a poor one by Spain and we're top again...

On a side note, just as expected, Scotland have crashed down the rankings with the absence of Rangers, down 6 places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/04...return-report/

Why the **** are we going for Falcao AND Gomez? Could we not get a rumour regarding a midfielder instead?
    Wouldn't mind us going for Gomez, at least then we'd get to use the Gomez Button. No point in getting both Gomez and Falcao though.

United could be still be in the semis to be fair, we were quite unlucky to not make it through the group stages (highest ever points for 3rd in a group IIRC) and Arsenal did very well to beat Bayern 2-0 away, so it's not all bad news.

Give it a season or two and English football will be back to its former glory IMO. United are already strong, City just flopped and I think Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham are all just a few top quality signings away from being a lot more dangerous in both the EPL and CL, provided they can keep their players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Wouldn't mind us going for Gomez, at least then we'd get to use the Gomez Button.
    Epic! Tempted to blast that with full volume out my window

ReputationRep:
    Chalobah's goal. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Chalobah's goal. :coma:

its Essien-esque goal

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how old are most of the people on this thread? Pretty random question but was just wondering. My guess would be everyone here is between 17-21.

Oh and great goal by chalobah. I really think that if we don't get a DM next season we should not loan chalobah out. Lets draft him into the squad. Mceachran needs some more loans personally if he was anywhere near ready we'd be hearing about him every week for middlesbrough, we don't need to hear anymore of KDB and he's at a relegation team in the bundesliga so we would be hearing of mceachran. Hopefully he doesn't turn into cork/kakuta.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/20...opment-on-loan

Speaking of that. I kind of get where this article is going. At the very least our club is producing premier league regulars, some who have even gone to big clubs(borini/sinclair) and others are in developing young teams with very good midfields such as southampton. Also with the new crop of youngsters(feruz and chalobah notably) it's looking much better than it was under arnesen.

Speaking of arnesen, are we going to keep bruma, he's not going to make it here lets be honest but I'd like to see him as a reserve player that we use every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 23, NDGAARONDI is at least 28 or 29 as far as I remember. Pity more of the older guys didn't stick around the football forum, some of them were amazing posters. RobbieC was ****ing hilarious, unbelievably controversial but in such a hilarious way - and still is as anyone who has him on facebook can attest. In fact the Arsenal thread used to have a lot of extremely good posters, there was a time when it was more or less the de facto place for any random football conversation because all the most knowledgeable people were in or around that thread. No longer of course, couple of reasonable posters in that thread these days but nothing like it once was.

I miss the old days. FM battles that would go on until 6am every night, with an MSN chat that was unbelievably hilarious all night (back when MSN was still a thing people actually used) :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Just wondering how old are most of the people on this thread? Pretty random question but was just wondering. My guess would be everyone here is between 17-21.

Oh and great goal by chalobah. I really think that if we don't get a DM next season we should not loan chalobah out. Lets draft him into the squad. Mceachran needs some more loans personally if he was anywhere near ready we'd be hearing about him every week for middlesbrough, we don't need to hear anymore of KDB and he's at a relegation team in the bundesliga so we would be hearing of mceachran. Hopefully he doesn't turn into cork/kakuta.

Speaking of that. I kind of get where this article is going. At the very least our club is producing premier league regulars, some who have even gone to big clubs(borini/sinclair) and others are in developing young teams with very good midfields such as southampton. Also with the new crop of youngsters(feruz and chalobah notably) it's looking much better than it was under arnesen.

Speaking of arnesen, are we going to keep bruma, he's not going to make it here lets be honest but I'd like to see him as a reserve player that we use every now and then.
    Don't post much in Chelsea thread, but 17:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 14!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

I'm 21. Chalobah's goal was :coma: I really like him, hope he can play a role next season. Any ideas on what's going to happen with Essien next season? I mean realistically does he still have a role next season? Personally feel if he can overcome his injury issues and get to even half the level he used to be, he can be explosive for us! I like our young crop and I really hope we see at least one of them come through next season. Ake's done decently well when called upon this season. Really want to see KDB playing a role, he seems a real talent but would you guys rather have Schurrle here with KDB going on loan or keep KDB and not have Schurrle?

ReputationRep:
    I'd easily rather have Schurlle and send KDB on loan for another season than not have him at all. Would also like to see us get Luke Shaw and bring him through; I had high hopes for Bertrand after Munich but he hasn't quite lived up to that over the season, although he has been solid recently in place of Cole.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22. Miss the teen years :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Wouldn't mind us going for Gomez, at least then we'd get to use the Gomez Button. No point in getting both Gomez and Falcao though.

United could be still be in the semis to be fair, we were quite unlucky to not make it through the group stages (highest ever points for 3rd in a group IIRC) and Arsenal did very well to beat Bayern 2-0 away, so it's not all bad news.

Give it a season or two and English football will be back to its former glory IMO. United are already strong, City just flopped and I think Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham are all just a few top quality signings away from being a lot more dangerous in both the EPL and CL, provided they can keep their players.
    Do you think? I thought that the Premier League this season was very below average. City, like you said, were woeful. We're a bit of a calamity at the moment and well... Arsenal are being Arsenal. I just think that United remained at their usual level whilst everyone else got worse, hence their resounding victory. But still, I hope that English football will recover quickly!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.