Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I'd disagree, I feel that our team are just as good a united and city however arsenal and tottenham are a little behind in terms of quality. With arsenal being the stronger squad and tottenham having the better first 11.
    bale, verthogen, lloris and maybe defoe are the only spurs players id have in the arsenal xi...

they've just gone 2-1 down as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    It was a mistranslation. HLN wrote about how KDB could go on to sign a 5-year contract with Dortmund and Blid/other news outlets mistranslated it as that he had.

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/st...76232178671616

Thank ****
    That's a relief.

On another positive Wigan are beating Tottenham!

ReputationRep:
    Lets hope Wigan score another to seal the game. Bale can score 2-3 goals in minutes if he's on point.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone suffered from inconsistency this season, bar United who pulled ahead as their excellent squad depth really helped them to be consistent. United deserved to win, no question about that, but I don't consider their squad to be particularly better in terms of quality than us/City/Arsenal/Tottenham.
    That's what I was trying to say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    bale, verthogen, lloris and maybe defoe are the only spurs players id have in the arsenal xi...

they've just gone 2-1 down as well
    Yeah, great for both of us.

Sandro as well. In terms of CB's you're probably the same I really like dawson think he's pretty underrated but you probably have mertesacker as someone of similar quality.

Probably 5/6 out of 11 would get into your first team I feel so I guess you're about the same in first 11 strength but not in squad strength you easily trump them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, great for both of us.

Sandro as well. In terms of CB's you're probably the same I really like dawson think he's pretty underrated but you probably have mertesacker as someone of similar quality.

Probably 5/6 out of 11 would get into your first team I feel so I guess you're about the same in first 11 strength but not in squad strength you easily trump them.
    Dawson is a good defender alright, but Koscielny for me is one of the best in the league normally.
    But yeah, players like Podolski, AOC, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Rosicky on the bench is pretty good depth. Chelsea are probably even better in that respect if you count your loaned out players.

ReputationRep:
    It was a mistranslation. HLN wrote about how KDB could go on to sign a 5-year contract with Dortmund and Blid/other news outlets mistranslated it as that he had.

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/st...76232178671616

Thank ****
    Oh thank God!

Good idea. Completely forgot about luiz playing in midfield. Yeah chalobah should go to a premier league club next season he's too good to be playing in the championship next season but needs regular game time. Eitherway we have a lot of depth next season and really should be looking at the title.

Kalas I'm hearing has been doing good. Good in FM too but yeah he'd be a good guy to have next season as a backup player he can develop in the U21's and we play him in the league cup matches. Piazon should go to malaga again or a europa league club, don't think he's physical enough for the prem yet, he's too good for the championship so I'd like him to go to somewhere like germany or back to spain for sociedad/malaga that kind of team.
    If Chalobah played for someone like Southampton or Swansea, would do him some good!

Kalas always does well for on FM lol. Are we actually going to sell Kakuta or is he just going to do a Bertrand and play 200 + league games away on loan. You're right about the rest though.

Cech
    Azpilicueta - JT - Luiz/Cahill - Cole

Luiz/Romeu - New CM

Hazard - Mata - KDB

Ba/Lukaku

I'd love a team looking like that next season, looking at it, we have a really young squad now, in terms of average age which is good. I can see this team + the bench lasting us a good 5-10 years which as Jam you said was AVB's plan. I can only see us getting rid of Malouda/Benayoun and bringing a striker/CM. Even then we'll have Torres, Lukaku and Ba by pre-season. Unless we sell one, can we afford to keep a 4th and keep them all happy?

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku has scored. 14 this season in the EPL I think.

BS Lukaku isn't good enough. Romelu Lukaku is one of only 3 players to score 3+ PL goals with left foot, right foot & head this season. Guy needs to lead the line next season.

Not to mention he the two assists as well as the goal against Southampton so far. His defending has been great too. Why is he on loan. Why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Oh thank God!

If Chalobah played for someone like Southampton or Swansea, would do him some good!

Kalas always does well for on FM lol. Are we actually going to sell Kakuta or is he just going to do a Bertrand and play 200 + league games away on loan. You're right about the rest though.

Cech
    Azpilicueta - JT - Luiz/Cahill - Cole

Luiz/Romeu - New CM

Hazard - Mata - KDB

Ba/Lukaku

I'd love a team looking like that next season, looking at it, we have a really young squad now, in terms of average age which is good. I can see this team + the bench lasting us a good 5-10 years which as Jam you said was AVB's plan. I can only see us getting rid of Malouda/Benayoun and bringing a striker/CM. Even then we'll have Torres, Lukaku and Ba by pre-season. Unless we sell one, can we afford to keep a 4th and keep them all happy?
    Convinced you'll bring in some big name striker tbh, and could see Torres leaving on loan to Ath.Madrid or something.

Ba/Lukaku are awesome as back up but if you're going for the league he's not good enough. But if you get Falcao and a proper manager then I'd say youre favorites

ReputationRep:
    I'd disagree, I feel that our team are just as good a united and city however arsenal and tottenham are a little behind in terms of quality. With arsenal being the stronger squad and tottenham having the better first 11.
    Yeah I was just talking in general that United's team isn't as strong as their ~10/20 point lead over City/us (or Arsenal/Tottenham to be fair) respectively suggests. I agree with what you're saying about Arsenal/Tottenham though, and tbh we should really be closer to City in the table than Arsenal/Tottenham and I think we would be if it weren't for our fixture congestion. If we don't end up winning the EL considering we played a lot of matches to get to the CWC final, FA cup semi final and Capital One semi final, to not win a trophy this season at all would be a piss take.

ReputationRep:
    I'll take that, shame Wigan didn't hold on but we're 3 points clear of Spurs with a win tomorrow (Should really be five if it wasn't for 7 minutes of injury time....)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    I'll take that, shame Wigan didn't hold on but we're 3 points clear of Spurs with a win tomorrow (Should really be five if it wasn't for 7 minutes of injury time....)
    Can't you stop moaning? **** happens - deal with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you not have homework for school or something to be getting on with?
    Hope you enjoy giving RVP a guard of honour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Do you not have homework for school or something to be getting on with?
    Hope you enjoy giving RVP a guard of honour
    Wow you're comeback has nothing to do with what I said

Have to give you the props

And I will give rvp the Guard of honour because its respectful (not that you know what that means)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perfect result would be Arsenal 1 - 1 Manchester United (or whatever - as long as they draw). United will miss out on 95 points (by 1), and we could be clear of Arsenal by a point with a game in hand (if we win against Swansea). Or Arsenal could lose and we could draw/win against United... although we'll probably be quite tired by then

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow you're comeback has nothing to do with what I said

Have to give you the props

And I will give rvp the Guard of honour because its respectful (not that you know what that means)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It wasn't a comeback. I was giving your pointless post a response that was equally pointless.
    However I must say I'm slightly bemused by you implying I'm not respectful when I'm failing to see where you were respectful in your first reply to me? Do you think a reply that was clearly made in an aggressive manner deserves one back that is respectful?

I can only see this going in the spam bin so don't bother replying, I'd rather the thread got back on topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    It wasn't a comeback. I was giving your pointless post a response that was equally pointless.
    However I must say I'm slightly bemused by you implying I'm not respectful when I'm failing to see where you were respectful in your first reply to me? Do you think a reply that was clearly made in an aggressive manner deserves one back that is respectful?

I can only see this going in the spam bin so don't bother replying, I'd rather the thread got back on topic.
    Because constantly moaning about one referee decision isn't pointless?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because constantly moaning about one referee decision isn't pointless?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you don't want to read discussion about Chelsea matches don't come to the Chelsea thread :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to read discussion about Chelsea matches don't come to the Chelsea thread :rolleyes:
    I do but I don't want someone to constantly moan would you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do but I don't want someone to constantly moan would you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How is that constantly moaning?

He mentioned it, so what. Why do you even care?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.