Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Perfect result would be Arsenal 1 - 1 Manchester United (or whatever - as long as they draw). United will miss out on 95 points (by 1), and we could be clear of Arsenal by a point with a game in hand (if we win against Swansea). Or Arsenal could lose and we could draw/win against United... although we'll probably be quite tired by then
    I'd rather Arsenal lost and we beat Utd which I think we can do. Next Thursday it shouldn't be too difficult to beat Basel at home so our squad should be fresh enough for Utd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    I'd rather Arsenal lost and we beat Utd which I think we can do. Next Thursday it shouldn't be too difficult to beat Basel at home so our squad should be fresh enough for Utd
    Agreed, although United will be out for blood from us knocking them out of the FA cup. I'd rather United beat our points record and we made top 4 than the opposite.

It's frustrating how we could have easily put the entire Basel tie to bed so we could give everyone a rest next Thursday for United and Tottenham, starting Marin and Benitez's beloved Benayoun. Still shouldn't be a problem but the way we've been playing in the Europa league I'm not convinced, we've made all our opponents look a lot better than they are when we really should have smashed our way through to this stage winning by 2/3 goals each game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Agreed, although United will be out for blood from us knocking them out of the FA cup. I'd rather United beat our points record and we made top 4 than the opposite.

It's frustrating how we could have easily put the entire Basel tie to bed so we could give everyone a rest next Thursday for United and Tottenham, starting Marin and Benitez's beloved Benayoun. Still shouldn't be a problem but the way we've been playing in the Europa league I'm not convinced, we've made all our opponents look a lot better than they are when we really should have smashed our way through to this stage winning by 2/3 goals each game.
    Lol, so true, it's jokes that we're probably going to win the europa league without even going into 2nd gear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Lol, so true, it's jokes that we're probably going to win the europa league without even going into 2nd gear.
    in fairness FC Basel, Kazan etc are hardly world beaters. Still, its a competition worth winning.

ReputationRep:
    Do we have the record for losing in the most competitions in a season?
    Not exactly a good record but surely we have it; already lost 6 this season, could be a seventh. Surely that's a record?

If it is, how depressing.

Also

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BI4PZBYCcAAOsCD.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	211845

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Convinced you'll bring in some big name striker tbh, and could see Torres leaving on loan to Ath.Madrid or something.

Ba/Lukaku are awesome as back up but if you're going for the league he's not good enough. But if you get Falcao and a proper manager then I'd say youre favorites
    Yeah I can see us buying another striker in with Torres leaving on loan even if he says he will stay for the next 3 years. If we pick up Mourinho and he buys another gem like Drogba, I think we're in for a fair shout next season!

(Original post by Tweek)

Also

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BI4PZBYCcAAOsCD.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	211845
    That's pretty depressing.. :'(

ReputationRep:
    Fiorentina have quashed rumours about Torres potentially being sent there on loan.

ReputationRep:
    Strong team today. Should be able to win comfortably. Hope Man Utd will do us a favour too and make 3rd easier for us.

Cech; Azpilicueta, Terry, Cahill, Cole; Ramires, Luiz; Oscar, Mata, Hazard; Ba.
    Subs: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Bertrand, Lampard, Benayoun, Torres, Mikel

ReputationRep:
    That's a very good team. Will be surprised if we don't win.

ReputationRep:
    With another start on the bench, I feel compelled to say it: I don't think Lampard is getting this record. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    With another start on the bench, I feel compelled to say it: I don't think Lampard is getting this record. :erm:
    I think he will. Trust us to win 8-0 vs everton and lampard to get 2 goals, drogba will complain that he didn't get to take a penalty and will get to take the next one.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see Cahill back. Nowadays though we seem to get penalties when Lamp's not on the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    I want us to face basel again. I liked that match lol such an easy match. We're going to jam another european trophy. 2 european cup competitions in two years. Not happened since porto.

ReputationRep:
    A must win this game. We need to take advantage of Spurs dropping points.

ReputationRep:
    ah tits Tony Gale's commentating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    ah tits Tony Gale's commentating.
    Was just about to post that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan94adibi)
    A must win this game. We need to take advantage of Spurs dropping points.
    Agreed, a must win. Don't like that Swansea have a really good record against us, it's going to be an incredibly tough game. I just hope Cahill can hold Michu off.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, but Swansea's recent record hasn't been all that good so I'm a little optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be a long 90 minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn I hope Ramires is alright. At least Lampard is coming on!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.