ReputationRep:
    ^Where did he say that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    ^Where did he say that?
    BBC live football feed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    True say. I was initially hesitant when we were after Oscar because it meant Piazon would then be loaned out. No idea how he's doing in Malaga. With 3 FA Youth Cup finals in the last 4 years, there is definitely talent that is being neglected by the club. But I think signings like Hazard were necessary because it's going to be quite a while until we can model ourselves like Bayern/Barca.
    Yes that is true. Dortmund are trying this approach and they can't keep their players. United have a sort of approach like this but even then they don't use as many youth academy players like they did in the 90s.

Been getting games but I don't watch them so can't say too much about him. Hazard was necessary(to think I was gonna be happy with marin as a starter :facepalm2:) but yeah man we don't need anymore signings, if we get a signing it has to be big like lewan/gomez/higuain that sort of player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/t...horten_twitter
    More rumours, apparently Mourinho text Lewandowski saying he wants him to join him at Chelsea next season.

Can't really see Mourinho wanting to manage in Ligue 1 tbh, at least not at the moment.
    But if he wanted to wait for the United job where else could he go? It's unlikely he'll end up at United if he comes back to us or goes to City- they're the only two viable clubs in England at the moment. France is the only country with a decent(ish) league he hasn't already been to.

I really hope the rumours are true. He should never have left us in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    God damn it Jose you had better not be teasing us, I want you back so badly :coma: And for the long haul this time pls Roman.

ReputationRep:
    Roman please do this please! Come on Jose, just get to the club that loves you :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    But if he wanted to wait for the United job where else could he go? It's unlikely he'll end up at United if he comes back to us or goes to City- they're the only two viable clubs in England at the moment. France is the only country with a decent(ish) league he hasn't already been to.

I really hope the rumours are true. He should never have left us in the first place.
    I think he'd be in a better position to take the United job from us than he would be from City, plus Fergie might not retire for literally years, he's getting on a bit but I wouldn't be at all surprised if 5 years down the line he was still going strong at United. If Fergie was retiring for certain in 2/3 years then maybe...

But yeah I agree, would love to see Mourinho back where he belongs next season

ReputationRep:
    The Independent are reporting that we'll offer Lampard a new deal at the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Jose is such a tease :teehee:. Just the tip is what he's thinking.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...t-8598278.html

Dare I raise my hopes?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's obvious that he wants to go back to you guys, will be happy to see him back in the league. Then we can take Rafa back and have some more epic matches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I think it's obvious that he wants to go back to you guys, will be happy to see him back in the league. Then we can take Rafa back and have some more epic matches
    My thoughts exactly
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Teasing news again from Jose Mourinho, I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more about him and Lampard's contract deal in the coming weeks, when Benitez leaves us. If Mancini wins the FA cup, City will keep him. Fergie is staying at United for a couple more year. There's only one home for Mourinho and it's here at the Bridge.

Even if he does come back here, I won't be expecting him to come and win the PL title. There is so much competition in the PL now, but expect Chelsea to be challenging for it again.

ReputationRep:
    This is starting to feel like a 'will they, won't they' TV romance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    This is starting to feel like a 'will they, won't they' TV romance.
    Well, as long as it doesn't end like 'Prufrock, I'll be satisfied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Call me cynical, but I remember most of the Mourinho-Benitez encounters - excluding, of course, that excellent Champions League quarter-final - being rather dull affairs - 0-0s and 1-0s and the like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Well, as long as it doesn't end like 'Prufrock, I'll be satisfied.
    Hopefully it'll be the Friends style of ending.

Jose about to get on a plane to Paris, Roman runs through the terminal, finds him in the nick of time. They exchange a few emotional words, and it ends with Jose leaning in to sign the contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Hopefully it'll be the Friends style of ending.

Jose about to get on a plane to Paris, Roman runs through the terminal, finds him in the nick of time. They exchange a few emotional words, and it ends with Jose leaning in to sign the contract.
    If only.

I'm going to remain skeptical until a deal is done, though.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the interview. ITV :facepalm2:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Call me cynical, but I remember most of the Mourinho-Benitez encounters - excluding, of course, that excellent Champions League quarter-final - being rather dull affairs - 0-0s and 1-0s and the like.
    Tbf benitez and mourinho believe in substance over style anyway. It happened with the matches vs united in cups as well. (see FA cup final 07) where he'll go for a 1-0.

Plus the quarter final was hiddink vs benitez. Would be fun to see anyway for the rivalry.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Mourinho wants Lewandoski to come to Chelsea with him. Not sure if I'd prefer him or Falcao simply because Falcao, Tevez and Aguero up front together would be beast.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.