Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    And when the Chelsea players don't show any desire and spirit, the same people say the players are overpaid pricks.
    That's the aggression and passion you need when playing a game.
    Controlled aggression tbh. It could have just easily have been frustration. Anyway I can't really say too much about the performance, should have put away our chances earlier I guess but we deserved to win the match. Controlled the midfield fairly well and got a goal vs a lacklustre man united. Plus we hadn't won at old trafford for some time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    :cry2:
    I only want you guys out of there because you waste a CL spot. Tottenham have got further in the CL in one season than you have in the past 3 years...

ReputationRep:
    We were so awful. Especially going forward.

The amount of misplaced passes today, jeez :facepalm2:

Didn't Mata in the end though; vital, vital three points!

ReputationRep:
    chelsea for next season need 1 striker, 1 defensive midfielder and maybe another defender. lots of different strikers are linked to chelsea lately but we only need 1 since ba is here and torres is likely to stay but even if he goes we still only need 1 more. moses lately has been doing good.

fellaini would b best defensive midfielder we could get. for a striker any striker who scores regularly at a top level would do. certainly no one should obsess about falcao.

ReputationRep:
    Won £35 quid off that game. Best bit is it was an Arsenal fan who persuaded me to watch it at the pub and put a bet on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slade p)
    chelsea for next season need 1 striker, 1 defensive midfielder and maybe another defender. lots of different strikers are linked to chelsea lately but we only need 1 since ba is here and torres is likely to stay but even if he goes we still only need 1 more. moses lately has been doing good.

fellaini would b best defensive midfielder we could get. for a striker any striker who scores regularly at a top level would do. certainly no one should obsess about falcao.
    Fellaini isn't needed I feel. I'd say that we need alonso or sahin than a DM like fellaini, we have that in romeu, luiz and mikel. Lampard leaving. Moses has been doing well in europa especially I've been impressed. But he needs to sort out his end product before he turns into kalou. He has technique but he mi****s the ball alot but he has power and pace.

Agree with striker, we have lukaku who fits the bill but maybe a big striker to tutor him next season if we can shift torres... If we can't shift torres then we'd just have to make do with what we got being those three.

We're fine for CB's I feel. Even if luiz goes into DM(which would be intermittently) we'd have 3 more CB's, add to that chalobah potentially getting into the team next season and the likes of essien coming back from loan(for midfield) we'd be pretty overfilled in the DM area for luiz to get loads of games there. We only need a CB of quality(dante/barzaghli mould) otherwise we'd be fine with our current defenders for depth. Think we have the best CB depth and quality in the league.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah. 4 points off 2nd place too. If we can beat tottenham I think we can make it as city don't give a crap. If we get second place and a trophy(which I thought we'd get at the start of the season) then I've got to say hands down to rafa. Seems like no matter what our squad will pull itself together and salvage the best out of a season. Personally we could easily be doing better but I didn't expect the fireworks to start. We're clearly strong contenders for the title next season though. Our season reminds me of city's 10-11 season

I think we'll beat tottenham personally and this win has pretty much confirmed our top 4 status.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't mind Everton beating us... Would that make it possible for them to get 4th so Spurs AND Arsenal miss out?

ReputationRep:
    Mata has scored 18 goals, and has 34 assists this season in all competitions. Unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Oh yeah. 4 points off 2nd place too. If we can beat tottenham I think we can make it as city don't give a crap. If we get second place and a trophy(which I thought we'd get at the start of the season) then I've got to say hands down to rafa. Seems like no matter what our squad will pull itself together and salvage the best out of a season. Personally we could easily be doing better but I didn't expect the fireworks to start. We're clearly strong contenders for the title next season though. Our season reminds me of city's 10-11 season

I think we'll beat tottenham personally and this win has pretty much confirmed our top 4 status.
    if we can get mourinho thats half of what needs to be done for next season. were always close to winning something and so we need a gr8 manager like him who would win the important games. only adding more gr8 players mainly only makes a difference at a cup level at the later stages of the competition but for league we need a great manager aswell like mourinho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    Wouldn't mind Everton beating us... Would that make it possible for them to get 4th so Spurs AND Arsenal miss out?
    No but you can make everton get 5th and europa league but that means everton win their last two and spurs lose their last three

So its pretty unlikely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Mata has scored 18 goals, and has 34 assists this season in all competitions. Unbelievable.
    That is astonishing! I can't believe we came so to signing him.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal:
    Wigan
    Newcastle

Tottenham:
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Sunderland

Chelsea:
    Tottenham
    Villa
    -Benfica-
    Everton

ReputationRep:

Perfect.

"I was alive when Howard Webb sent off a Man United player at Old Trafford"

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthe12)
    Arsenal:
    Wigan
    Newcastle

Tottenham:
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Sunderland

Chelsea:
    Tottenham
    Villa
    -Benfica-
    Everton
    Are you posting this everywhere?

ReputationRep:
    No but you can make everton get 5th and europa league but that means everton win their last two and spurs lose their last three

So its pretty unlikely
    Damn!

ReputationRep:
    Are you posting this everywhere?
    Haha, just the arsenal and chelsea forum lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    And somehow people still say that david silva is a better player. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    And somehow people still say that david silva is a better player. :facepalm2:
    Mata is such a joy to watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Mata is such a joy to watch.
    The thing is I like hazard more than mata. Mata is great at linking up the midfield and makes great passes/crosses but hazard is better at getting me off my seat(and luiz obviously with his long range shots) with his change of pace, messi like riding off challenges and quick link up play with the rest of the team. Similar to aguero for city.

Oscar you don't know what you'll get with him like ramires, you'll get a burst of pace, some fantastic interplay and great goals, or you'll get the guy who can't cross to save his life and make loads of erratic dribbles losing the ball trying to get past his man.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.