Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    The thing is I like hazard more than mata. Mata is great at linking up the midfield and makes great passes/crosses but hazard is better at getting me off my seat(and luiz obviously with his long range shots) with his change of pace, messi like riding off challenges and quick link up play with the rest of the team. Similar to aguero for city.

Oscar you don't know what you'll get with him like ramires, you'll get a burst of pace, some fantastic interplay and great goals, or you'll get the guy who can't cross to save his life and make loads of erratic dribbles losing the ball trying to get past his man.
    I like Hazard but right now Mata is the man. Hazard is more flashier but Mata some of the things he does. A bit like Iniesta not electric pace but the ability to keep the ball whilst being crowded out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    I like Hazard but right now Mata is the man. Hazard is more flashier but Mata some of the things he does. A bit like Iniesta not electric pace but the ability to keep the ball whilst being crowded out.
    Yeah, mata is the better player. Mata is possibly the best player at ball retention we've ever had. Maybe zola is the only one I can compare him with. Real madrid should have held on to this guy man. Would have been a great player to have in the first team, Ozil is the same level as mata though.

ReputationRep:
    Hazard is someone who can create something exciting but Mata is reliable and can still create things

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, mata is the better player. Mata is possibly the best player at ball retention we've ever had. Maybe zola is the only one I can compare him with. Real madrid should have held on to this guy man.
    I love watching Mata hes something else. Madrid have a habit of letting a few good players go!

ReputationRep:
    The thing is I like hazard more than mata. Mata is great at linking up the midfield and makes great passes/crosses but hazard is better at getting me off my seat(and luiz obviously with his long range shots) with his change of pace, messi like riding off challenges and quick link up play with the rest of the team. Similar to aguero for city.

Oscar you don't know what you'll get with him like ramires, you'll get a burst of pace, some fantastic interplay and great goals, or you'll get the guy who can't cross to save his life and make loads of erratic dribbles losing the ball trying to get past his man.
    I think Hazard is the more explosive player, definitely. His acceleration and dribbling is class, and I love how he can score using either feet - finessed or with power. Don't want to go over the top but that screamer from distance against Stoke oozed Ronaldo, and the curler against Utd in the league cup had elements of Messi.

Mata's strength is his vision and creativity. The number of times a great ball has come in and someone scored, you can bet your money it was Mata that provided it. He's involved with almost all of the movements and attacks we create. Although I find Hazard more entertaining, Mata is more important to our team I feel, and it showed today.

Agree with you on Oscar. Even if he has a good game, you can still look through it and find mistakes that he made. For a playmaker he can be very sloppy with his passing and loses the ball a lot more than the other two. But he's young and it's his first season, so I'm sure he'll get better.

ReputationRep:
    Mata's our best player, but the gulf between Hazard and Moses was shown today. Whilst he's a great player he goes missing in the bigger games far too often. Hopefully Hazard should be back for Wednesday though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I think Hazard is the more explosive player, definitely. His acceleration and dribbling is class, and I love how he can score using either feet - finessed or with power. Don't want to go over the top but that screamer from distance against Stoke oozed Ronaldo, and the curler against Utd in the league cup had elements of Messi.

Mata's strength is his vision and creativity. The number of times a great ball has come in and someone scored, you can bet your money it was Mata that provided it. He's involved with almost all of the movements and attacks we create. Although I find Hazard more entertaining, Mata is more important to our team I feel, and it showed today.

Agree with you on Oscar. Even if he has a good game, you can still look through it and find mistakes that he made. For a playmaker he can be very sloppy with his passing and loses the ball a lot more than the other two. But he's young and it's his first season, so I'm sure he'll get better.
    If hazard can get a better goal tally he'd be as good as those two. He certainly has the potential to be as good as ronaldo and messi. Personally I think we've bought the next best player in the world. A big claim to make but he is amazing, it's his first season. One thing for sure is that when we next win the title(next season probably) he'll have a big part to it.

Yeah it's true. Mata is completely vital to our team, all our main attacks(e.g. demba ba chances) involved mata getting a cross in. If there was anything I could say that's missing in his game is his lack to shoot at times, but even then he's still our top goalscorer. I think that hazard is very useful if we want to play quick football on the counter(see basel matches) in the no.10 role and when we want to control the game mata is best suited in the hole too.

Should be 88 in fifa next season at least.

ReputationRep:
    Should be 88 in fifa next season at least.
    Really? That would put him in the top ten players in the world. I'd have at like 86/87 as he's 85 atm but maybe put his potential higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Really? That would put him in the top ten players in the world. I'd have at like 86/87 as he's 85 atm but maybe put his potential higher.
    Aguero has been 88 for the past season. on that basis mata clearly deserves it, also ozil has been 87 and mata has had an amazing season better than him. He's 86 atm(that's where he started this season) and has had a great season.
    Wonder what kroos would be though...

ReputationRep:
    Aguero has been 88 for the past season. on that basis mata clearly deserves it, also ozil has been 87 and mata has had an amazing season better than him. He's 86 atm(that's where he started this season) and has had a great season.
    Wonder what kroos would be though...
    Oh Mata definitely yeah.

Thought he was talking about Hazard!

ReputationRep:
    Oh Mata definitely yeah.

Thought he was talking about Hazard!
    Hazard should be 85/86. He's shown improvement, but in relation to what he does to the team he should not be any above 86 but they'd probably put him as 87 for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    Hazard should be 85/86. He's shown improvement, but in relation to what he does to the team he should not be any above 86 but they'd probably put him as 87 for the sake of it.
    He was 87 before the updates wasnt he

ReputationRep:
    He was 87 before the updates wasnt he
    Yeah, which after his season for lille fair enough. Although to regulate the ratings I think he should be lower otherwise messi will be 97, ronaldo will be 95/96 and the likes of ibra, falcao, cavani and van persie will be 90+.

ReputationRep:
    I'd lol if we managed to end up 2nd... you never know! City look like they can't be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    I'd lol if we managed to end up 2nd... you never know! City look like they can't be bothered.
    Yeah was saying this. Funnily enough I predicted we'll come 2nd at the start of the season, with united first, city third and arsenal 4th. Looks like my prediction could come true.

We'll probably win the europa although it'll be a close tie. I knew we'd be in the final. We clearly had too good a squad to just get knocked out by joke teams like basel, rubin, prague and bucharest.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah was saying this. Funnily enough I predicted we'll come 2nd at the start of the season, with united first, city third and arsenal 4th. Looks like my prediction could come true.

We'll probably win the europa although it'll be a close tie. I knew we'd be in the final. We clearly had too good a squad to just get knocked out by joke teams like basel, rubin, prague and bucharest.
    Don;t think we'll come second, we've had so many chances this season to draw level on points with city but we've blown, tbh i would be delighted with 3rd seeing as its an improvement from 6th, if we win on Wednesday then pretty much guranteed CL and i hope Eden is back

ReputationRep:

Yep, it'll be close since they are capable of beating Chelsea. Other than Matic who's been mentioned quite a lot they do have some players like Rodrigo and Gaitan that could cause trouble. Hope Lampard/Terry start because their leadership will be important.

--

I was thinking about the possible transfers of Xabi/Robben. We won't give Lampard another year because he's over 30 but we'll happily fork out lots of mil and 100k per week to Alonso? No chance of them being signed. Don't even need Xabi but Robben would be good until our younger attacking mids develop more. Unless Mourinho demands the purchase of Robben if the former is to return.

Also, I know I was quite obsessed with wanting Moutinho to be bought but come to think of it it's easier + better to get Matic. Moutinho's great in all areas but being quite a small lad at 5'7, he isn't very physical whereas Matic is a whopping 6'4. Not to mention Porto aren't very good to do business with. Although I suppose Moutinho could be accompanied with a physical midfielder... maybe Luiz can be that.

Moving on from those two, what would you think of Gundogan as a CM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Yep, it'll be close since they are capable of beating Chelsea. Other than Matic who's been mentioned quite a lot they do have some players like Rodrigo and Gaitan that could cause trouble. Hope Lampard/Terry start because their leadership will be important.

--

I was thinking about the possible transfers of Xabi/Robben. We won't give Lampard another year because he's over 30 but we'll happily fork out lots of mil and 100k per week to Alonso? No chance of them being signed. Don't even need Xabi but Robben would be good until our younger attacking mids develop more. Unless Mourinho demands the purchase of Robben if the former is to return.

Also, I know I was quite obsessed with wanting Moutinho to be bought but come to think of it it's easier + better to get Matic. Moutinho's great in all areas but being quite a small lad at 5'7, he isn't very physical whereas Matic is a whopping 6'4. Not to mention Porto aren't very good to do business with. Although I suppose Moutinho could be accompanied with a physical midfielder... maybe Luiz can be that.

Moving on from those two, what would you think of Gundogan as a CM?
    Although tweek knows more about him. From what I've seen gundogan looks a good signing who'd fit our team. He'd be able to get passes from deep and can play behind the striker too if needed. Haven't watched him enough to comment on his defensive capabilities though. Matic would be good for his physical presence too.

(Original post by Sebister)
    Don;t think we'll come second, we've had so many chances this season to draw level on points with city but we've blown, tbh i would be delighted with 3rd seeing as its an improvement from 6th, if we win on Wednesday then pretty much guranteed CL and i hope Eden is back
    Personally today has all but guaranteed CL. Everton have nothing to play for and their record at the big 4 away is dire under moyes. I think there's still a chance, city don't look bothered they're just looking at the FA cup where they'll demolish wigan and it's season over for them...

ReputationRep:
    Gundogan would be a dream signing. So much talent and such a bright future :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Gundogan would be a dream signing. So much talent and such a bright future :coma:
    He's amazing on FM.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.