Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Flights to Hong kong that allow 2 pieces of Baggage? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My GF is going back to Hong Kong after her degree ends. We're trying to find any airlines that allow 2 pieces of luggage in the hold. We know of Finnair, but we are really looking for something cheaper.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RwLovett)
    My GF is going back to Hong Kong after her degree ends. We're trying to find any airlines that allow 2 pieces of luggage in the hold. We know of Finnair, but we are really looking for something cheaper.

Any ideas?
    Possibly try some of the Middle east airlines like Emirates and Qatar, they have generally been pretty good for my family when we go Bangladesh.

ReputationRep:
    From the UK? You want a direct flight? Economy? All airlines allow more than one piece, but not always in economy so I will assume you want cheap flights too.

British Airways (direct flight from London) have two bags in World Traveller Plus (still combined weight of 23kg), the cost difference is normally a few hundred pounds. Premium Economy on Virgin have the same rules (also a direct flight).

Singapore Airlines (SQ) and Thai Air both work on weight rather than how many bags. I took 2 bags and a large cardboard box with SQ but the combined weight was under the 20kg allowance so no excess charge (even though the box had to go through oversized baggage). The only direct airline I found that operates the same system and is direct is Cathay Pacific.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys.

We went with Jet Airways, goes through Mumbai. Fairly cheap (£400) and they allow 30kg, which should just be about enough with the hand baggage. Anything she doesn't take, ill hopefully bring when I go visit her over New Years.

We went Cathay Pacific when we went together last summer, pretty comfy.

ReputationRep:
    all airlines do as far as i know you just have to pay more for it.
    ANZ definitely does and it was $90 if i remember rightly also depending on what class youre in you can get a second piece anyway.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.