Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Do you know who your MP is? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you know who your MP is? (anon)
    Yes, I know who my MP is
    32.04%
    I know who my MP is and something about them
    53.04%
    I had to look up who my MP is
    5.52%
    I don't care who my MP is!
    9.39%

ReputationRep:
    My MP is Khalid Mahmood, he's been there since 2001 and I have never seen him at all in the area. He rarely attends surgeries, and I'm yet to find an occasion where he's visited a school or another public building. No surprise then when I find out he's claimed expenses for a flat in London :rolleyes:

The shame is that my area is very apathetic, and a Labour safe seat till the end of time. There's literally been hardly any change in the area, with youth employment around 22%.

Can't wait to move out!

ReputationRep:
    My MP visited my Primary School when I was 9. He's Prime Minister now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolf359)
    My MP visited my Primary School when I was 9. He's Prime Minister now.
    Are you okay now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    What was he like? And why did he come to your wedding, was it an election? (joke)
    He moves in the same social circles as my Granddad and Dad. He only came in for two minutes as he had an more important engagement.

ReputationRep:
    I do, have no use for her.

ReputationRep:
    I have Kate Green, she's a lovely woman, I've been leafleting with her a couple of times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    He moves in the same social circles as my Granddad and Dad. He only came in for two minutes as he had an more important engagement.
    I wouldn't vote for anyone who considered another engagement to be more important than attending my wedding.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't vote for anyone who considered another engagement to be more important than attending my wedding.
    I know, how dare he open his saturday surgery to help his other constituents....

ReputationRep:
    I know, how dare he open his saturday surgery to help his other constituents....
    Yep, outrageous. He could have done that behind the finger buffet.

ReputationRep:
    The Sky interviewer wouldn't really let him speak, they even pushed down his microphone level when he was making points they didn't like, for example when he started attacking Murdoch. A classic example of his skills, he did succeed in making the TV channel look bad actually. He's not an easy man to debate with.
    He is an accomplished debater but watching his sky news interview, and knowing the historical truth of what Israel had done, it does not help that we was on the side of the truth.

I feel the sky news interviewer failed in their bias tbh. They did not see that coming.

ReputationRep:
    No wonder you like Borris!

I also like Borris. I'm going to a uni near Central London.

Will i see him bunjee jumping from London Eye and riding a bicycle over London Bridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    No wonder you like Borris!

I also like Borris. I'm going to a uni near Central London.

Will i see him bunjee jumping from London Eye and riding a bicycle over London Bridge?
    He doesn't really care that much about London you know - it's the Tory Party leadership he's after! Luckily, Sir Peter Tapsell is willing to stand down for him in Lincolnshire, so he will be back in Parliament at the earliest opportunity, to challenge Dave.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't really care that much about London you know - it's the Tory Party leadership he's after! Luckily, Sir Peter Tapsell is willing to stand down for him in Lincolnshire, so he will be back in Parliament at the earliest opportunity, to challenge Dave.
    Boris is a better option than most of the labour choices!

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess he could have guest of honour for a few minutes lool

ReputationRep:
    My MP is Ian Duncan Smith. He visited my school a few times but I haven't met him personally. I know quite a bit about him but only because he is one of the more well known MPs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleeggy)
    My MP is Ian Duncan Smith. He visited my school a few times but I haven't met him personally. I know quite a bit about him but only because he is one of the more well known MPs.
    IDS the EU-sceptic

shame that his leadership didn't go too well

ReputationRep:
    Yes I not only know mine but I'm also friends with his daughters, and his wife used to give me lifts sometimes.
    Many of my friends have him added on facebook too.

edit: This is my MP from where I grew up, I don't know my MP in Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    Lool - maybe Boris should have attended someone else's wedding rather than been in London to deal with the riots or defend us from been fined by the EU lool!

ReputationRep:
    the betrayal of the lib dems will remain with me for life XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Lol, I had no idea who my MP was before searching on that site. I feel pretty bad tbh, but I kind of have no interest in local issues (I live just outside of London, but spend most of my time in London).
    Me too :hide:

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.