Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AQA Biology Unit 3 14th May 2013 NEW SPEC Watch

• View Poll Results: VOTE HERE--> What do you think the 6 marker will be?
    Explaining features/functions of the lungs
    8.15%
    Ventilation
    11.11%
    Blood flow in heart
    16.30%
    Explain Transport in blood
    5.19%
    Explain Transport in plants
    5.19%
    Evaluate kidney transplants/dialysis
    28.89%
    Explain biogas generator
    31.11%
    Other (please comment with your suggestion)
    12.59%
    The effects of global warming
    8.15%
    Evaluate the use of Artificial blood
    13.33%
    Evaluate the effectiveness of sports drinks
    11.11%

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for that one mark question at the end about why glucose levels are low, I answered because its used for respiration and extra stored as glycogen.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry discussion http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post42612726

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shibucool)
    For the first part of the tadpole question did you put oxygen?
    Yeah I did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar12)
    Official exam discussion for Biology May 14th 2013 AQA NEW SPEC paper.
    Feel free to post any useful revision tips/ask questions.
    Please ensure that you have read the site's exam rules before posting.
    Specimen papers and specific specification details can be found at: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...d-mark-schemes
    If you have a physics Unit 3 exam or any other Unit 3s this summer please check out these threads:

Physics
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3%20new%20spec

General Unit 3 discussion:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2296889

Well done to everyone who sat the exams, please feel free to discuss your answers. An unofficial mark scheme will be posted within the next week or so
    I took my B2 exam today, any idea of the grade boundaries or even an inkling of what they might be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A future Midwife)
    I put Vein, Capillaries, Artery
    Ohh it was Artery, Capillary, Vein. The arrows were indicating the blood flow so that's how I knew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minecraft27)
    Ohh it was Artery, Capillary, Vein. The arrows were indicating the blood flow so that's how I knew.
    Yeah hahah I realise know why I got it wrong! I've really done badly in this paper!

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what I got
    Same, I thought after hearing what people have being saying that it was the other round when I was posting, but thinking now, that's what I put.

What did everyone put for the runner one?

I put he couldn't sweat because it was against the concentration gradient etc

ReputationRep:
    There was nothing on biogas generator or dialysis and kidney transplant!!!!! I revised so much for them and there was nothing at all in the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandaman7771)
    Yes, but yours was right after you changed it.
    I'm sure you've done fine! Don't worry about it, now just focus on the other exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandaman7771)
    Same, I thought after hearing what people have being saying that it was the other round when I was posting, but thinking now, that's what I put.

What did everyone put for the runner one?

I put he couldn't sweat because it was against the concentration gradient etc
    I put that there was no evaporation in the humid environment and so he overheated!

ReputationRep:
    There was nothing on biogas generator or dialysis and kidney transplant!!!!! I revised so much for them and there was nothing at all in the exam
    I know, same!!!!!

Though I was pleased there was lots about the Heart, Diffusion, the body basically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaraKhan97)
    I took my B2 exam today, any idea of the grade boundaries or even an inkling of what they might be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im sorry, I didn't take the B2 exam today but I was told by some friends that took it that it was relatively hard. Your best bet is to visit this thread and ask someone there as they probably have a better idea than me

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...post+mortom+b2

ReputationRep:
    I just ran out of ideas about the runner one. Though I did talk a little bit about sweat and evaporation.

What did you get for the transpiration stream and active transport and osmosis plants question??

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad there was nothing on biogas! I couldn't for the life of me get the hang of that stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    Capillaries are only one cell thick though? I don't think you can have capillary stents.
    That's what I mean! On the diagram it showed that the vessel was one cell thick that's why I put capillary... I'm pretty sure you were right though and I was wrong, only one mark though

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial markscheme some one pleasee??

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme yet?? Also could someone link me to the physics thread

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post42612726

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown505)
    I just ran out of ideas about the runner one. Though I did talk a little bit about sweat and evaporation.

What did you get for the transpiration stream and active transport and osmosis plants question??
    Transpiration Stream: Water drawn from roots up stem in Xylem to leaves because of evaporation.

Other one: More concentrated in roots, active transport needed etc.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember how many marks each of the questions were worth? I want to figure out how many I've dropped already!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.