The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by Deepak96
Anyone know where I can get the unofficial mark scheme and the predicted grade boundaries from?

A bit too early, but we should have one on here soon
Original post by Deepak96
Page 25 Aqa textbook 'this is because the rate of chemical reactions in your cells (the metabolic rate) varies from person to person). Just checked on google now, type 2 diabetes does affect the metabolic rate however I don't know whether aqa will give me a mark.

it depends but i think they would like the speed of reaction or rate
i have made some really silly mistakes
Original post by ahsan_ijaz
it depends but i think they would like the speed of reaction or rate

what did you write for carbon cycle 6 marker and drugs 5 marker?
Original post by sykokitten
i have made some really silly mistakes

its ok i think the grade boundaries will be quite low the paper was hard
Reply 345
Can someone please post any questions which you can remember, ive forgotten most of them. Thank you
Original post by zaz57
Can someone please post any questions which you can remember, ive forgotten most of them. Thank you

describe how carbon is constantly cycled ? this was 6marker with 1 and 1/4 space to write on
for the slimming programme one i wrote they gained weight?! Because the graph started at the top with the arrow pointing to the highest saying "lowest" and then decreased, to the 0 mark, and underneath the zero mark it said "gain"... :frown:
Made such a mess of the test :O
Original post by zintanax
for the slimming programme one i wrote they gained weight?! Because the graph started at the top with the arrow pointing to the highest saying "lowest" and then decreased, to the 0 mark, and underneath the zero mark it said "gain"... :frown:
Made such a mess of the test :O

i wrote that they gained mass
Reply 350
for the 5 marker, i wrote aspirin instead of statins but then realised after statins was probably better, but i justified why i thought it was aspirin so is it still possible for me to gain full marks? :smile:
instead of Lamarck, I put 'Lamrack'. Still get the mark, right?
5 mark question about statins and aspirin:

I would recommend statins as it has been tested on a large sample size. Statins been tested with 30,000 patients while aspirin only been tested on 1,000 patients. This makes it more reliable. Statins are only prescribed drug so therefore it had been fully tested so you are sure that it will be safe compared to the non-prescribed aspirin. Statins has fewer side effects with 0.1% (some kind of disease) and 0.001% (with something else) while aspirin has 0.5% (of something). Statins reduces blood cholesterol while aspirin don't. Although statins cost more, it is worth it as it is safer than aspirin.
Original post by tewas
for the 5 marker, i wrote aspirin instead of statins but then realised after statins was probably better, but i justified why i thought it was aspirin so is it still possible for me to gain full marks? :smile:

I did the same thing. I think we will get the mark since it's a matter of opinion. As long as you justified.
Original post by tewas

same lol i wrote the same that aspirin had a better percentage on saving people with heart attack , it costs less for a whole year compared to stating
Original post by shibucool

I would recommend statins as it has been tested on a large sample size. Statins been tested with 30,000 patients while aspirin only been tested on 1,000 patients. This makes it more reliable. Statins are only prescribed drug so therefore it had been fully tested so you are sure that it will be safe compared to the non-prescribed aspirin. Statins has fewer side effects with 0.1% (some kind of disease) and 0.001% (with something else) while aspirin has 0.5% (of something). Statins reduces blood cholesterol while aspirin don't. Although statins cost more, it is worth it as it is safer than aspirin.

Was it necessary to write disadvantages of statins if you picked it or write a conclusion?
Original post by shibucool

true there's no wrong or right answer as long as you have backed up your recommendation
Original post by zaz57

The first was Semmelweis and the table, there was the carbon cycle 6 mark, the bmi ideal weight question, umm... Drugs (what are they etc.) the aspirin/statin question, the lamrick(?) and darwin evolution questions and the bee eye question. Idk what else but that's what I remember!!!

Oh!! I just remember the last 3 questions with the 2 graphs, and the animals and plant plankton! And the metabolic rate questions!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by zintanax
Was it necessary to write disadvantages of statins if you picked it or write a conclusion?

you just had to give what you think was the best and back it up with evidence
if someone could predict the grade boundaries ill want it 20 be 28 for A* as the paper was quite hard

Latest

Trending

Trending