Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    fairl i just wnat to pass don't need to get freaked out! i got chem and physics on Thursday and Monday and i got A* in isa so im sorted.

ReputationRep:
    drug 1 : you just need to mention the word chemical substances they never asked what it does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unoriginalname1)
    Pyramids of Biomass are ALWAYS pyramids. Teacher told us.
    fair enough i guess i lost a mark there. Also what did people write for the reflex question. Did anyone mention that it goes through the spine and not the brain as it would take longer for the information to process ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePillow)
    fair enough i guess i lost a mark there. Also what did people write for the reflex question. Did anyone mention that it goes through the spine and not the brain as it would take longer for the information to process ?
    That's correct, but I don't think it's the main point. It seemed to me that they were just asking us to recount the reflex arc.

ReputationRep:
    there was the question that asked "what other two factors affect your metabolic rate"
    I wrote inheritance and your sex.
    Would i not get a mark for saying sex rather than gender or it doesn't matter ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsan_ijaz)
    fairl i just wnat to pass don't need to get freaked out! i got chem and physics on Thursday and Monday and i got A* in isa so im sorted.
    Good luck! I'm in year 11 so it was a retake, we wer the first year to start the new spec and the papers seem to b getting easier...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePillow)
    yeah i did say about it going to the CNS.

ReputationRep:
    What did people get on the calculation question, the one about age of death?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thnksfrthmmrs_)
    there was the question that asked "what other two factors affect your metabolic rate"
    I wrote inheritance and your sex.
    Would i not get a mark for saying sex rather than gender or it doesn't matter ??
    It doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oceann)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 77

ReputationRep:
    And for people asking about getting marks for things that may be slightly obscure, trust a lot of this depends on the examiner. I had a friend who got a B in physics and thought she did a lot better so she got the paper re-marked and it went up to an A*. even my teacher has told us the examiner may be an actual expert in the field of the paper being marked that will reward you for actual knowledge or may be a uninterested teacher just looking to make some extra money. IF U FEEL LIKE YOU DID WELL AND YOUR MARK DOES NOT REFLECT IT, GET A RE-MARK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oceann)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put 5 (fatal mistake) after reading 1.25 on the graph up to 5. Classic example of how I didn't read the question. It was a 2 mark question if I remember so I'll probably get 1 mark for the calculation so not so bad.

However, the correct answer was 77 as you had to do 82-5 = 77

ReputationRep:
    whats the ums grade boundries? its out of 400 ://

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoitskelvin123)
    whats the ums grade boundries? Its out of 400 ://
    a* (90%) = 360
    a (80%) = 320
    b (70%) = 280
    c (60%) = 240

ReputationRep:
    What would everyone say 48 is likely to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    What would everyone say 48 is likely to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how was the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TherHig)

REALLY?! 26/60 for a*?
    I checked the grade boundaries for June 2012 for biology unit 1 it was a lot higher than 26, so who started this thread with mistaken grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsan_ijaz)
    you had to read the question carefuly i told you that the animal feeded onthe plant then the animal then the secondary consumer it was the 1st pyramid
    Oh I think I put that Loads of people were saying three though so I got confused :P Why did people put three?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattJGUK)
    a* (90%) = 360
    a (80%) = 320
    b (70%) = 280
    c (60%) = 240
    If you need 90% for A*why is everyone predicting random grade boundries. Shouldn't it just be 54/60 then.

ReputationRep:
    I got 45 out of 50 in my isa for chemistry does anyone have an idea on what that be in UMS I really want an a* but I think my chances are slim science I got 74 UMS in chem

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.