Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afcsvugaghsy)
    Can someone please tell me if I would have got a mark for writing 'Richard Lamarck'?
    Yes. If they accept "Lamarck" only - which I'm sure they do - then they will mark your answer correct and simply ignore the "Richard" part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsan_ijaz)
    statins and aspirins 5 marker
    oh I thought that was question 5! so does anyone know what question 5 was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deux)
    Yes. If they accept "Lamarck" only - which I'm sure they do - then they will mark your answer correct and simply ignore the "Richard" part.
    Thankyou, I was so worried about that because it would be a stupid mark to lose, just hope whoever marks it has a heart :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what part b was for the biomass question? and was that question 7??

ReputationRep:
    For the metabolism one, I put 'genes inherited' and 'what food they eat' agh, I dunno if I'd get the mark but I should because I don't know, if you have green tea, apparently your metabolism increases so would it count? Pretty sure the marker is just going to laugh at my failure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notsure123)
    does anyone know what part b was for the biomass question? and was that question 7??
    the 1st pyramid and could you read the question out so we understand what you need help on?

ReputationRep:
    I stupidly wrote Darwin instead of Lemark! I said a drug alters condition in the body, anyone reckon I will get the mark, and for that technology question I wrote about vaccines and sterilisation, is that right? The graph questions were dodgy and the last page was just ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deux)
    Here's how it works.

In order to gain an A* in GCSE Biology, you need a UMS score of about 360/400 or above.

However, all of the components that contribute to this score (B1, B2, B3 and ISA) are assigned RAW and UMS scores.

For example, last year a raw score of 42/60 in BL1HP was classified as 90% (A*).

So, to get your final score, they add all your scores together with UMS included and, if the total is above 360, you've secured an A*.
    Thanks mate, huge help!

ReputationRep:
    The first one was the correct answer, I ticked the second one though

thats worng im afraid, it asked about JUNE and JUNE on the graph had more animals than plants so its the third one

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I don't remember the order, can someone specify for the biomass question? Which diagram for the pyramid of biomass was the correct one? Was it the pyramid shaped one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afcsvugaghsy)
    For the metabolism one, I put 'genes inherited' and 'what food they eat' agh, I dunno if I'd get the mark but I should because I don't know, if you have green tea, apparently your metabolism increases so would it count? Pretty sure the marker is just going to laugh at my failure.
    ok let me get it clear lots of people ask the same question you get the mark if you write:

inherited factor
    excercise as it boost your metabolic rate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shibucool)
    No it's anyone of these:

Genetics
    Proportion of muscle to fat
    damn i did genetics and diet, surely diet effects metabolic rate if they said excersise effects it

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else in year 11 not do this exam as a retake? Our school is making us take all three units for the first time in this exam period

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hero101)
    what did people get for for the factors about hygiene thing the 2nd page one ?????
    i wrote increase in standard of medical equipment and i did no. of staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosalie_aqua)
    What did people get for the age thing?? Is it 77 or 70 or what???
    its 82-5=77

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oceann)
    For the carbon cycle one, i put about;
    plants respiring and absorbing co2 for photosynthesis
    animals decay when they die this releases co2 transferred from the plant
    microorganismis rrespire factories produce co2 by combustion reactions
    and I put the effects on the environment by increasing co2 in the atmosphere
    i did like 6 of the carbon cycle Qs, 4 of em were 6 markers, so that helped me out a bit.

I wrote CO2 taken in by plants thru photosynthesis, plant eaten by animals, animal repsire releasing carbon thru co2, plants and animals die, then detritus feeders/microbes/mircro organisms DECOMPOSE the animal. Then i said the microbes respire while decomposition releasing CO2

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz1996)
    its 82-5=77
    ohh god i added five

ReputationRep:
    Would i get the full 5 marks for the statins and aspirin comparison:

I would recommend statins as it has been tested on a large sample size. Statins been tested with 30,000 patients while aspirin only been tested on 1,000 patients. This makes it more reliable. Statins are only prescribed drug so therefore it had been fully tested so you are sure that it will be safe compared to the non-prescribed aspirin. Statins has fewer side effects with 0.1% (some kind of disease) and 0.001% (with something else) while aspirin has 0.5% (of something). Statins reduces blood cholesterol while aspirin don't. Although statins cost more, it is worth it as it is safer than aspirin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambie33)
    Did anyone else in year 11 not do this exam as a retake? Our school is making us take all three units for the first time in this exam period
    i did this exam my school made us do all three together aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsan_ijaz)
    if someone could predict the grade boundaries ill want it 20 be 28 for A* as the paper was quite hard
    jan 13 was 42 for A*, june 12 was 39 for A*, i expect this one to be 40 for A*. Very simple test IMO but because of the HUGE number of year 10s i saw mess it up, will make it easier for us to get an A*

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.