Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzFishstick)
    Yeah you're right. The timing actually was very tricky this year because of all the graphs we had to interpret and the tons of writing! I had to rush the last page because I only had 3 or so minutes left. I think an A* would be 44, but AQA might be more generous because of the reasons I stated and lower it.
    I'm praying it is going to
    Be 40 or something good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Examfailer)
    I also have a media exam which I am completely unprepared for due to today's failiure. I should really get some sleep before being thrown back into that bloody exam hall
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js171)
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I need it,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js171)
    How did you get that approximation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Remember grade boundaries are set by standardisation- people fail lower boundraries, people pass, higher boundraries. From watching the feed over the last hour sounds like the irregular style of multiple long questions and analysis of graphs many people have failed, last test was 42/60 so for us it could be lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vermin123)
    Remember grade boundaries are set by standardisation- people fail lower boundraries, people pass, higher boundraries. From watching the feed over the last hour sounds like the irregular style of multiple long questions and analysis of graphs many people have failed, last test was 42/60 so for us it could be lower.
    Lets hope averagely people nationwide scored low so we can get good grades. I thought I was the only one who found it challenging especially for time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unit ones are out of 50????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js171)
    Lets hope averagely people nationwide scored low so we can get good grades. I thought I was the only one who found it challenging especially for time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, hopefully an unofficial mark scheme should be up soon and then you can further check, what were some questions you are unsure of them being right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExamNerd123)
    They used to be out of 45 I think - then they changed the syllabus slightly so now it is out of 60
    They might have changed again I'm not sure anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vermin123)
    Don't worry, hopefully an unofficial mark scheme should be up soon and then you can further check, what were some questions you are unsure of them being right?
    I hope so, well the last three mainly. I didn't label the diagram before the bee picture and I understood it all apart from those it was mainly the time and I'm a very slow writer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh you're right, 41/50 will be an A*

ReputationRep:
    The reason why I put what I think was 3 for the biomass question (the controversial inverted one) is because of the data we were given. I took my answer from the data, that showed a lower number of plant plankton than animal plankton, therefore the animal plankton had a higher biomass inverting the pyramid. I didn't even think about how it is supposedly always pyramid shape. Biomass measures the mass of it, so if there's less, the mass is gunna be smaller isn't it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambie33)
    I missed out 7 But I also completely messed up unit 2&3
    Which was question 7?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    I went full retard on the biomass question about when you had to tick the correct shape, I selected the second one : L

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We finally got a Ticking box question which usually doesnt appear in gcse nowadays so I dont see why it seems so hard to people. It's general knowledge, energy gets lost everytime its passe on which means the plant had the most amount of mass.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  pyramid-of-biomass.gif
Views: 69
Size:  5.0 KBa pyramd of biomass looks like this........so the first box was RIGHT!!!

ReputationRep:
    You should know now wiki is an un-reliable source as it can be edited just saying
    Wikipedia was the first source that came to hand. There are plenty of other websites on the internet that say the same thing. You can't just deny that that part of Biology exists.

ReputationRep:
    I've got my last science lesson in 20 minutes so am going to ask my teacher about the Biomass question and see what he says - I personally ticked the third one as plant plankton levels where really low compared with the animal plankton. Though it did go against my intuition of ticking box 1.

Also, I *think* the point of the last question was the life cycle of an ecosystem - I.e. when plant plankton is high animal plankton thrive as plenty of food for them - as a result, plant plankton levels then drop resulting in less food so animal plankton levels drop. I guessed that they both absorb the mineral ions and then the mineral ions recover whilst the animals and plants recover.

Anybody remember what question 7 was?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure but a small part of me does still think that the first pyramid will be correct despite there being information online about inverted pyramids. This is because my teachers, biology textbook and my gcse science have always stressed that the pyramid is ALWAYS bottom heavy. You can't just add in a question that hasn't been learnt or sepcified before?i really hope it was the jest one x

ReputationRep:
    Were there any labelling questions??? I didnt see any, could someone please tell me what they were.thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaz57)
    Were there any labelling questions??? I didnt see any, could someone please tell me what they were.thanks
    It was the question about the reflex arc, you had to label the diagram they had. The answers were cell membrane and cytoplasm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My teacher says the answer to the Biomass question was the standard biomass pyramid - option 1 - otherwise everything would die out as there would not be enough energy to support everything. Makes sense now he's said that!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.